forged signature on data consent form

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I was on a training course provided by a training provider on behalf of dwp while on course i did not sign their data consent form as, I did not agree to what was on it I only put the date on it.

I received contact from the company by phone and email also text message so i emailed them telling them to stop contacting me No reply.

i decided to contact them via an ico letter asking why they contacted and they provided me a copy of the form and said as ,I signed it they could contact me.

on looking at the form my signature has been forged and also my name has been written on form not by me.

I am hundred percent sure its not mine as i only dated the form.

I have spoke to ico and they seem bothered how my data is used.

What would you people say to do I think its best to write a letter saying that i have received a forged signature and ask them to investigate just not sure what to do now thanks for any advice

Edited by dx100uk
grammer

Send them a sar and get hold of the forged signature.

Then go to your local police station with a printout of the forgery act.

They will use their favourite punchline "civil matter" but you need to insist that you are in possession of a false instrument as per the above act.

Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981 section 1 states:

1. A person is guilty of forgery if he makes a false instrument, with the intention that he or another shall use it to induce somebody to accept it as genuine, and by reason of so accepting it to do or not to do some act to his own or any other person’s prejudice.

If you manage to get the police to do their job, your friends who forged your signature will be in a lot of trouble.

The problem is to get the police on board.

Does the signature match/look similar to yours?

As you have went through DWP for the Course I assume you have already signed numerous form before even going on this course so DWP would have your signature on record from the forms you signed.

As this is a DWP training Provider they will more that likely have to forward certain information to DWP and that form you supposedly signed being one of them.

I would make a Formal Complaint to that Provider but also DWP about the Providers actions

Complaints procedure: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/complaints-procedure

Could you possibly Upload a redacted copy of the Data Consent Form you supposedly signed.

Couple of links:

Request your personal information from the Department for Work and Pensions:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-your-personal-information-from-the-department-for-work-and-pensions

EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR)

http://www.privacy-regulation.eu/en/index.htm

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

They will use their favourite punchline "civil matter" but

you need to insist that you are in possession of a false instrument as per the above act.

1. A person is guilty of forgery if he makes a false instrument, with the intention that he or another shall use it to induce somebody to accept it as genuine, and by reason of so accepting it to do or not to do some act to his own or any other person’s prejudice.

If you manage to get the police to do their job, your friends who forged your signature will be in a lot of trouble.

Is it “an instrument”?

Have you checked Archbold??

It doesn’t seem to be one of the documents:

(a)money orders;

(b)postal orders;

©United Kingdom postage stamps;

(d)Inland Revenue stamps;

(e)share certificates;

(f). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

(fa ) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

(g)cheques [and other bills of exchange ];

(h)travellers’ cheques;

(ha)bankers' drafts;

(hb)promissory notes;

(j)cheque cards;

(ja)debit cards;

(k)credit cards;

(l)certified copies relating to an entry in a register of births, adoptions, marriages, civil partnerships, conversions or deaths and issued by the Registrar General, the Registrar General for Northern Ireland, a registration officer or a person lawfully authorised to issue certified copies relating to such entries ; and

(m)certificates relating to entries in such registers.

that S5(5) makes clear are “instruments”

Indeed. How are you suggesting the OP should demonstrate it is “an instrument” for it to be a “false instrument” for the purposes of the Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, to “get the police on board” for that alleged offence?

Is it “an instrument”?

Have you checked Archbold??

It doesn’t seem to be one of the documents:

(a)money orders;

(b)postal orders;

©United Kingdom postage stamps;

(d)Inland Revenue stamps;

(e)share certificates;

(f). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

(fa ) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

(g)cheques [and other bills of exchange ];

(h)travellers’ cheques;

(ha)bankers' drafts;

(hb)promissory notes;

(j)cheque cards;

(ja)debit cards;

(k)credit cards;

(l)certified copies relating to an entry in a register of births, adoptions, marriages, civil partnerships, conversions or deaths and issued by the Registrar General, the Registrar General for Northern Ireland, a registration officer or a person lawfully authorised to issue certified copies relating to such entries ; and

(m)certificates relating to entries in such registers.

that S5(5) makes clear are “instruments”

Indeed. How are you suggesting the OP should demonstrate it is “an instrument” for it to be a “false instrument” for the purposes of the Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, to “get the police on board” for that alleged offence?

Read the act entirely:

Interpretation of Part I

Meaning of “instrument”.

(1)Subject to subsection (2) below, in this Part of this Act “instrument” means—

(a)any document, whether of a formal or informal character;

(b)any stamp issued or sold by*[F15a postal operator];

©any Inland Revenue stamp; and

(d)any disc, tape, sound track or other device on or in which information is recorded or stored by mechanical, electronic or other means.

Note point (a)

As this is a DWP training Provider they will more that likely have to forward certain information to DWP and that form you supposedly signed being one of them.

Generally speaking, if the provider is under contract to the DWP, they are designated a "data processor" and the DWP remains the "data controller". So unless the provider receives instruction from the DWP, they will continue doing what they do.

That said, if this provider is prepared to forge a signature on a data release form, it begs the question "what other forms have they been forging signatures on ?". Certainly worth a complaint to the DWP, and possibly flag the issue with your local MP. It might be another A4e scandal in the making :!:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Read the act entirely:

Interpretation of Part I

Meaning of “instrument”.

(1)Subject to subsection (2) below, in this Part of this Act “instrument” means—

(a)any document, whether of a formal or informal character;

(b)any stamp issued or sold by*[F15a postal operator];

©any Inland Revenue stamp; and

(d)any disc, tape, sound track or other device on or in which information is recorded or stored by mechanical, electronic or other means.

Note point (a)

Yet the CPS don’t say “any document, formal or informal”, but refer to Archbold before they’ll consider prosecuting ......

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/forgery-and-counterfeiting

They will use their favourite punchline "civil matter" but you need to insist that you are in possession of a false instrument as per the above act.

"prejudice" is defined in s10 of the Act and OP hasn't suffered any under the Act's definition

"prejudice" is defined in s10 of the Act and OP hasn't suffered any under the Act's definition

Exactly:

Meaning of “prejudice” and “induce”.

(1)Subject to subsections (2) and (4) below, for the purposes of this Part of this Act an act or omission intended to be induced is to a person’s prejudice if, and only if, it is one which, if it occurs—

(a)will result—

(i)in his temporary or permanent loss of property; or

(ii)in his being deprived of an opportunity to earn remuneration or greater remuneration; or

(iii)in his being deprived of an opportunity to gain a financial advantage otherwise than by way of remuneration; or

(b)will result in somebody being given an opportunity—

(i)to earn remuneration or greater remuneration from him; or

(ii)to gain a financial advantage from him otherwise than by way of remuneration;

Section 10 (b)(i) and (ii).

Using the op data consent they will be given the opportunity to earn remuneration by trying to sell something to the op.

Section 10 (b)(i) and (ii).

Using the op data consent they will be given the opportunity to earn remuneration by trying to sell something to the op.

Far too remote. Not even close to being within 10 (b). OP hasn't said anything about anyone trying to sell him anything. The police are not going to go around and arrest the training provider based on a strained interpretation of the definitions in the Act.

This thread isn't a seminar on the law, it's giving practical advice to the OP. Going to the police with a printout of the 1981 Act, as you recommended, does not seem very helpful to OP. The ICO seems a rather more productive approach.

Far too remote. Not even close to being within 10 (b). OP hasn't said anything about anyone trying to sell him anything. The police are not going to go around and arrest the training provider based on a strained interpretation of the definitions in the Act.

This thread isn't a seminar on the law, it's giving practical advice to the OP. Going to the police with a printout of the 1981 Act, as you recommended, does not seem very helpful to OP. The ICO seems a rather more productive approach.

If they do anything at all.

Hello people

Thank you for all of your replies

I have the form and uploadedit below, it is a data consent form. what it means is that they can contact me by phone ,sms,email also they can contact an ((employer)), when you find work.

what i gather is that if the form is not signed the person will not be able to stay on the course, as they cant pass your information on to the college to fund the course just got told this last week.

I think this is how they are paid but unsure all i was bothered about was them pestering me and contacting an employer was very bad in my option I have never had this happen to me and think its very bad but they should not be allowed to do this

Thanks for any help

People I have had issues with image and cant edit post here is my image

tvDwLK5.jpg

A bit intrusive if you ask me, there are points clearly needed for the course purpose, but then the others are for their own good (contacting you about other courses for example).

There should have been boxes to tick like on the last point.

However, if they really have forged your signature I would take them down.

company do claim money from us using my signature but its quite hard to understand how they work as they do not make it easy I have a next stage complain pending and am contacting mp also at some stage

In future, rather than leaving any boxes blank, write either "Rejected" or "Refused", and do the same with any clause that you find objectionable. If anyone complains, instruct them to take it up with their legal department or a senior manager.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.