• Tweets

• Good evening all. With your help I've defeated 3 parking charge notices, I now need your help once again. My daughter has a company car which she  lent to my son while she was on holiday. He is insured and fully entitled to use this vehicle. He is very careful over parking tickets as he has been the victim of a wrongfully issued ticket in the past. Anyway, on the 28th of April he left the car in the St.Marks car park in Wrexham. This is controlled by ANPR cameras. On his return to the car park, he entered the registration number of the car and the machine said 50p owed.. This was paid with a debit card so it's on his bank statement. Parking Eye are now saying that he has paid an insufficient fee and have refused the appeal ( unsurprisingly ). They have enclosed a POPLA code, so this will be the next port of call as we are still within the timeframes. Your thoughts so far would be appreciated. Thanks.
    • Hi just received this from the bottom feeders, I know I have to acknowledge within 14 days.  Its from 2015 so cant find the paperwork for it, but will look.   Parking on private development whilst visiting a friend, not displaying Permit, looked at my friends contract with private landlord, nothing in it about parking.   Are the Particulars of claim sufficient?   Thanks for any advice. VCS CLAIM21 JUNE 2019 F0QZ9V92 EDIT.pdf
    • Thank you. Can you tell us who replaced the rear brakes in June 2019? Who paid for it? One slight problem here is that the amount of money you are dealing with is in excess of £10,000. £10,000 is the County Court small claims limit. When you bring a small claim – less than £10,000 – then even if you lose, you won't have to pay the costs of the other party. Over £10,000 and you will have to pay if you lose. On the basis of what you say here, you have absolutely no chance of losing but on the other hand the fact that you would have to bring the claim on the fast track brings comfort to the other side and they are more likely to employ tactics to intimidate you with the spectre of costs hanging over you in the event that you lose. This is something to take into consideration. You have two choices. One would be to consider claiming for the refund of the entire price plus any ancillary losses. The second would be to claim for repairs. On the basis that repairs will be considerably less than £10,000 I think that I would suggest you go for that. This means that you need to get the car thoroughly examined and get a quote for repairs and generally speaking putting into a proper roadworthy condition. In fact you would need two independent quotations. You would then, with our help, enter the pre-action protocol which would essentially threaten the dealer and also the finance company with 14 days to sort it out or else you will bring a court action and without any further notice. You would only make this threat if you decided to go ahead with it. It's not worth bluffing. Both the dealer and the finance company will probably use all sorts of tactics to delay and to prevaricate. You must not allow yourself to get dragged into any kind of protracted discussion. You make the threat. 14 days. Day 15 – you send them the good news. Once they have the court papers they will then start to realise that you are serious. The finance company will put pressure on the dealer and someone or other will put their hands up. It's up to you if you want to get involved in this kind of action. If not then I think you're going to have a hard slog
    • Ok trying to move this forward. just got a statement with £260 agents fees added even though they have no collected the car! Am I right in thinking this is illegal?   Moving forward is it best for me to submit an N244 with the court to try and stop them taking the car and for these unlawful fees? Could somebody advise what it is I’m asking the court to do as I don’t want extra time to pay as the account is up to date but I don’t want them taking the vehicle because I’m refusing to pay these agents fees!   could really do with some help  
  • Our picks

ppeetteerr1

Virgin media unreturned equipment

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 330 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

VM are trying to charge me £40 for an unreturned router.

I moved house and they sent me the packaging to return it two weeks after I moved out.

The router is probably still in my old place.

They are insisting that I go back, find it and send it to them or I will be charged the £40.

I'm reading stories on this forum of people being chased by debt collectors and credit scores being affected.

I'm scared of this.

Should I just pay the £40?

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Dca's are not bailiffs

How long before you moved did you inform them you were moving?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

29 days.

Because I didn't give them 30 days notice,

they charged me a very small, prorated amount to account for the extra day.

They told me over a live chat that they will be sending me a bag to my old address 10-14 days from the date of my notice (I have a record of this).

If they had done that, I would have been able to return the router before I moved out.

They instead sent it to me weeks after I moved out.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Do you no longer have access to your old address ?

Is it possible the new owner may still have it ?

Simply solution it to try and get it and return it if possible.

If they sent you the bag to your new address then obviously they had acted too late .

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I don't have access to the old property.

They knew my moving out date and promised to send me the packaging to return the router 2 weeks before I moved out

- they instead sent it to me 3 weeks after I moved out. (This was all on live chat.)

They are saying that in spite of this, the T&C of my contract state that I am responsible for the equipment until it's returned and that I should've carried it to my new property.

send them the line chat

and you also want proof of where it says to remove equipment from where its registered too.

don't think you are allowed to do that without their written permission?

pers i'd ignore them.

but see what happens

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Mmmmm.....

5. If you cancel under the cooling off period you must return any equipment with which you have been provided promptly, using the returns method provided with the equipment or otherwise notified by us to you. You will be responsible for the costs of returning the equipment to us and we may charge you our direct return costs (including by offsetting this against any money we owe you).

17. If you fail to return or make available for removal any item of the equipment which we have provided to you, you may have to pay extra charges for such equipment, including the replacement cost and reasonable recovery costs as set out in the price guides. In addition to our other rights, we reserve the right to bring proceedings against you for the return of our equipment.

I cant find anything with regards to removing the equipment to your new address in the event that have failed to arrange collection on time...whether it would be legally allowed.... and therefore can only assume that they acted late in collection....and making you the scapegoat for their inefficiency.

I suppose you could arrange with the new owner to " make available for removal " and inform VM to collect it. ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread