Slatted

Can a BLME Premier Account be used as security for a loan

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 393 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have got myself into a right pickle and am not sure how to resolve it.

I have a BLME Premier Account that matures next July and I am not able to access the money until that time unless I am dying.

The money is guaranteed to be no less than the invested amount (£25k)so I was wondering if anywhere might accept this as security for a loan of £12k as I need this earlier than originally planned and had presumed could access some of the money in the account earlier than next year.

I live in Housing Association property and am a carer. I presume I am not able to claim other benefits due to the BLME account classing as savings..despite my inability to access this.

I am looking for work to cover this need but as I still have caring responsibilities and have not worked in a paid capacity for 10 years it is not something I can count on.

https://www.blme.com/products-and-services/savings/premier-deposit-account/

Edited by Andyorch
Link added