Braveheart2009

Housing Benefit Interview?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 391 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

When making an application for housing benefit does the applicant require to attend an interview or are applications done electronically and decision gets made without an interview?

I know they are compliance interviews with HB, but are they application interviews as well?

Also, when renting from a housing association does that require a face to face interview or is it done all over the phone or internet?

App for HB is done via post, they will ask you for evidence of income/outgoings and from there they can make an informed decision.

Renting from a HA you can apply over the phone, internet or via a third party (social worker, charity) but you will need to attend the property to sign the tenancy agreement.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Good info thx. How does it work if you have power of attorney and a letter to confirm your an registered appointee of the person applying. I am applying as a carer as a joint tenancy.

That I don't know sorry, have you googled till your eyes have fallen out?? Google might know, or Shelter??

Actually your local Disability Information Advisory Line might know? (D.I.A.L)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!