fletch70

Will banks 'remember' my bad debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 378 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was wondering if banks will remember my bad debt even though they sold it on many years ago and it is no longer on my credit file.

I applied last year for a TSB account and after acceptance, once I supplied my ID my application was declined.

I have never banked with TSB although I did have a defaulted loan and current account with HBOS. Both long ago sold on and now Statute barred

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Sold on should mean its forgotten really

But you never know what records they hold that plays a part

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

There is definitely something funny going on but it may be my default from Santander on my credit file that is buggering it up.

Having said that I can get credit cards no problem .

I had two from Cap 1 even though we defeated Lowell in court for a 5K Cap 1 debt

I have two Tesco - one stupid interest the other 19.9% ,

Aqua with a huge credit limit of £6200 although the interest is horrific they do offer great exchange rates when buying in abroad .

Oh and a Barclaycard with a 0% balance transfer for 12 months.

The balances of all except the Barclaycard will be 0 by early Oct and will remain that way.

Borrowing is getting so easy I do see a new credit crunch coming very soon

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Borrowing is getting so easy I do see a new credit crunch coming very soon

Despite a declared income of less than 20K, Amex have just given me a new card with a limit of over £6K. Also have a barclaycard with a 7.5K limit, though it's paid in full every month without fail. Whilst my credit file is squeaky clean and I know I'm not going anywhere near those limits, I do wonder about the wisdom of basically allowing me credit of more than half my income.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.