Unknown Hoist Credit Card CCJ just found - moved abroad - help

BigO
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

A couple of years ago, I left the UK and started a new life abroad. I have some debts with banks etc, and have informed all of them of my new address.

However, it seems when I was preparing to leave, I inadvertently cancelled a direct debit for a credit card. I have no recollection of this but I expect this is due to the medication I may have been on at the time.

I haven't heard anything from this company for a long time and admittedly, neglected to forward my new address - I hadn't used this card in a long time!

My house in the UK has now been sold (although it was in negative equity and therefore we didn't make anything on it) and a friend has gathered all of the mail from there for me. It seems that during the course of my absence, I have accrued a CCJ and now have been threatened with Bailiffs through Hoist. This bailiff action was dated at the beginning of June. I have only just found this information out!

I want to pay this debt and create resolution, and naturally, the property that I was registered at is no longer mine. Is it too late to prevent any further action at this point? And, how likely is it that I can make a repayment plan?

The debt is for around £2100

Other than this, I'm totally up to date with all of my payments!

Thanks all!

Hi and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum to get the best advice on how to proceed.Please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

are you ever returning?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Which country are you in.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Dont see why you would be hesitant. Youre completely anonymous on here.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

They won't transfer debts to their country you reside in...

You don't need to worry... Very unlikely that interborder enforcement will take place... 😊

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

You could contact Hoist (by email) and negotiate a payment plan.

Alternatively you can submit an n245 (fee is £50) through the courts to get a payment plan in place

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406098-LEGAL-N245-Application-for-suspension-vary-an-order-**Correct-as-at-Feb-2017**

May be of interest......

https://www.out-law.com/topics/dispute-resolution-and-litigation/enforcement/enforcing-england-and-wales-judgments-abroad/

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

don't think we'veever seen anyone come back here or to here stating they've had enforcement action taken on them abroad for a Undefended default UK CCJ.?

we've had people state they'd had silly powerless local debt collectors try it on and I think that was Denmark or Sweden.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your input

. I don't really like the idea of these people being after me and certainly don't like the thought of all of this having been in court.

I don't really want to sully myself in Sweden as I want to buy a house and eventually take citizenship - for that, I need to have been financially responsible and not have had debts over here either.

I'm really grateful for your help though - thanks so much!

But I believe they can sell the debt over here

- this is according to some forums I've been on

. I'd rather be on the straight and narrow.

Edited by dx100uk
Merge

They wont *Sell* the debt on - They cant across borders. The claimant has already gotten a CCJ - Next step is enforcement but its very unlikely cross border - Costs outweigh the benefits.

You are on the straight and narrow. Seriously - In the world of DCAs etc they dont care at all. If you are not coming back - No harm in not doing anything :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thanks - it's really good of you to give me this advice. I really am very grateful. Perhaps I'll wait and see if they try and contact me here and if they do, simply play dumb. You've put my mind at rest here - thanks again!

Thats okay - Here at CAG we dont condone avoidance of debts but realistically in your circumstances - Its very unlikely anything will come of it - However i would suggest you do write to them only to update an address with them

Tell them you are overseas - Theres very little they will do - Once again Andyorch did mention about enforcing abroad but very simply few companies do it because the gains are significantly limited.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I'll definitely take your advice regarding this. I've already penned a letter. I'm just relieved that this can hopefully be stopped in a sensible manner!

Thanks again and enjoy your Saturday!

DOnt go into a long winded letter abotu debts, and how it will affect you over there. They couldnt care less and could try and use it against you. Just a one or two word letter saying you are abroad, and thats it.