DDWales

Litter Fine but did not litter

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 389 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, your advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Essentially I was sitting in my car in a private car park talking to a colleague on the telephone.

An council environmental enforcement officer approached my window and accused me of littering and stated that he was going to issue me with a fixed penalty notice.

Confused I asked what I was supposed to have done and he answered that I threw a cigarette out the window to the floor. I don't even smoke!

I tried to discuss the matter calmly but the officer would not reason with me.

I explained that I didn't smoke and that he must be mistaken.

I was rudely told that 'he had seen it with his own eyes' and 'would not be worth his time making things up'....which he clearly was!!

I then asked him if he had any physical or video based evidence to back his claims to which he replied he didn't.

He then went on to explain that a letter would be sent in the post and that I would have 14 days to pay.

Is there any course of redress here as I think this is very unfair.

Regards,

DD

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

If you believe that this post has helped in any way please click on the star to the left

DDWales Vs Barclaycard-*Won* http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/174860-ddwales-barclaycard.html

DDWales Vs Natwest-*Won*

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/210090-ddwales-natwest.html

-Reclaim the Right-

then when you get the letter you ask for strict proof of the offence and state that you will be delighted to be put in front of a magistrate over this.

as it was private land it is still possible for the council to enforce but you also have the opportunity to get the landlord involved as they can equally liable for the actions of the council bod and may well want the matter to go away so remove the councils right of access for such actions

a foi request to the council to ask who the contractors are and whether their staff get paid a performance bonus would also help you. when you get the letter yopu let the local paperr know the story as well.

then look up any national newspaper articles and contact their reporter as well.

If its contractors to the council, they get paid comission for each fpn thats issued. These people dont care if its private or council property, theyre just told to issue as many as they can.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

nice to see you around DD

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets