style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Today, I walked out to my car sitting outside my address, to find this rather unwelcoming sticker slapped on my window. Before any questions are asked, I have absolutely no idea what/where/how this 'warrant' has landed on my lap... but I have recently moved address.

I immediately rang the quoted number for equita, and spoke to two very unhelpful ladies. I explained (honestly) to the operator that I have no idea why this sticker has been stuck on my window. I asked for a full explanation of what the debt is, how it was obtained and more importantly how much.

The operator asked me to confirm my address, to which I obliged, however.. inevitably this address did not match the one on their system. In fact, the address they hold on the system is 5 years old!!!

The operator explained the reason for debt, stating;

You stopped in a bus bay - £188

You parked in a residential area without displaying a permit - £188

Now, this is the bit I need some advice on;

I explained to the operator that I have not received ANY letters/PCNs or enforcement documentation to my address or previous address about the debt in question.

I explained that I am not disputing the debt, however I am not willing to pay them until I have seen official documentation from the source (council) including dates/pictures etc. For all I know, I could be paying a rogue.

The operators response to my points above where that they cannot send out any documentation to my new address, and that I should contact the mobile telephone number on this sticker... (presumably the bailiff) to arrange payment. I proceed to call the number (albeit very hesitantly) but ofcourse... no answer.

As I have said above, I am not looking to 'dodge' this unpaid PCN if it is indeed legit, however i'm not going to pay someone on the end of random mobile number £366 without knowing its legitimacy.

Any advice going forward please guys?

Edited by pilotjim

do you know which council issued them?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

image shows pers info i've removed it

lots of councils are feeling the purse strings tighten and are chasing age old fines that have never been paid.

they pass it to bailiffs whom track you down..

if you've only recently moved then I cant see why you've not gotten previously the required letters than PCN's were outstanding?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok thankyou. Well, I'm not sure either. I will contact the council tomorrow to see if I can dig out some more information.

My worries is that, in the mean time, the baliff will come along and clamp/take the car... It's surely not unreasonable to ask for some time to review the paperwork?

once you contact the council and tell them whats gone on , typically if you follow the advice given, enforcement gets put on hold.

the issue I see here is you only recently moved,

now unless the vehicle was not correctly registered via v5C to that address when you moved to that council area , why did you not get several letters at the time..??

and they

Ok thankyou. Well, I'm not sure either. I will contact the council tomorrow to see if I can dig out some more information.

My worries is that, in the mean time, the baliff will come along and clamp/take the car... It's surely not unreasonable to ask for some time to review the paperwork?

Have you owned the same car throughout the last 5 years ?

Sounds like the PCN's might not be yours. You would know about them, as you would have had notices stuck to car previously and contact at addresses.

If these are in your name and offences you had forgotten about, then just come to a payment arrangement.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I am assuming that you have the same vehicle. With both contraventions, the local authority will make a request to DVLA for 'keeper' information. A Penalty Charge Notice would then have been issued and may only be sent to the address held by DVLA on that date. You have not mentioned when you moved address. Did you update your V5C (Log Book) with DVLA when moving?

You need to ascertain to date of each contravention and the date when notices from the council were issued.

What date did you move address?

Almost certainly you will need to consider submitting TWO Out of Time applications to the Traffic Enforcement Centre. It looks to me from the contraventions that one application will need forms TE7 AND TE9 and the other the PE2 and PE3. Answers to the above question first please.

Edited by Andyorch
Quotation removed

I know this may be old knowledge but according to a local council a few years ago. A PCN is only valid for 1000 days. After this it cannot be enforced. However i have a feeling people may have other ideas about this. I say this from experience.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?266996-Major-local-authority-confirms-Pcn-is-valid-for-1000-days.

Edited by Andyorch
Link added

So whats cooking today ?