• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mercantile/Barclay PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I know I had taken out loans when younger to buy car /bike but was long ago 1989 to 1994

No longer find any paper work

I had made note occasional in my diary those years when needed and put them on to outlook on computer

Some of the events

02/05/1990 Mercantile £4K , 5yrs protected £127.84 Premium £17.10

16/02/1992 £9,500

7/1/1992 £2500 , 4yrs £133month

I even have the dates that contacted bank about my direct debits

dates when i took the loan paperwork into Manchester

My notes state I even had letter from their solicitor when had few issues but made no note who they were

I eventually paid all loans off several years later

I found out that Mercantile was taken over by Barclays

So I filed for complaint on 11 July 2018 this year with my old address, dob , and the 3 dates referring to the loans

I have received letter 3 days later after calling them by phone with 4 ppi references to use instead of complaint reference.

Cannot find any loan under my name , address , dob

Sorry with finding your account we cannot investigate so my complaint is closed.

Called them today and explained my outlook notes , they have asked for that list to be sent.

Stated that they only keep records 6yrs , so am curious how do I make claim and prove when i have all these dates if internal records are just 6yrs.

Am I correct to assume that successful claims seems to be actual statement or loan account details

Even call credit group checks don't have my old original address

Do I give up ? What else can I try , I feel sending my list in wont help if they cant even find my name and address

Help and info appreciated

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If they hold information back to 90's

What should I do even they said cannot find my details.

I guess they are expecting me to provide proof the avoid any pay out ?

Can I use an SAR and submit £10 cheque without any account numbers , or am i wasting my time because the response be the same with Barclay via PPI complaint.

Do Lloyds bank keep statements that far back on personal accounts?

Would I be best contacting someone directly at Mercantile/Barclays instead of complaing with those dealing with it by letter

Ah so you've not actually made an SAR yet

Its a legal requirement they comply...

Just sent a speculative letter/claim?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I just called them up on my text phone because i am deaf and asked to make ppi complaint

Gave them name, address , DOB and those 3 dates when i thought i had taken out loans .

And they replied back with in few days saying they could not find any details.

Can I send SAR template without account numbers details ?

Its free now

Click SAR

and they

Little confused

I have Copy Of my credit file from Callcredit that I get 2yrs ago which has about 50 pages

lists my present address from 2008 to 2014

lists my other address 1993 to 2007

but the address for the loans at my first address is not listed , my credit file pre 2007 WHO has this info?

This credit file is this what you call SAR ?

But my address from address from when I was born till i took out the loans with Mercantile/ Barclay late 80 early 90's is not listed on the file

On this credit file I have noticed no details anything connected to my address from 1993 to 2007

A crf report is not an SAR

Click it go read it

Old stuff drops off your credit file

and they