stu007

Windrush compensation scheme consultation launched

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 397 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Windrush compensation scheme consultation launched

Home Secretary announces launch of Windrush compensation scheme consultation and lessons learned review terms of reference.

A consultation on the design of a future Windrush compensation scheme has been launched by the Home Secretary today (Thursday 19 July 2018).

The Home Secretary notified Parliament of the launch in a written ministerial statement published this morning. The consultation covers 3 core elements:

-- who should be eligible for compensation

-- what losses should be compensated for

-- how the process should work.

It will run for 12 weeks and be open to those who have suffered loss or difficulty as a result of not being able to prove their status in the UK as well as friends, family and representatives of those affected.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/windrush-compensation-scheme-consultation-launched

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group