Jump to content


stalling tactics from cobbets


davep1270
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

hi guys,

Had an offer of part settlement from Cobbets on the 1/11/06, promptly sent then the refusal letter, on which i have proof it was delivered and signed by a mr N Hayward.

I have now recieved a letter stating that i have not responded and they look forward to hearing from me in the next 7 days.

The original letter gave me until the 8/11/06 to accept the offer, there now giving me another 7 days to accept. Surely this is just another stalling tactic from the people at cobblers, and if so could i report them to the law society?.

any advice would be welcome

thanks davep

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldnt worry too much, there is no grand scheme behind this...just delaying tactics and poor admin.

 

I got a part offer, wrote back (late)(well i'm not going to bossed around by them!?) declining their offer. A week later I got another offer of £100 more with no reference to the first letter at all???

 

Just write again, declining and pointing out their error. Usually if you have got past AQ stage you'll get full and final settlement a week or so after they get your decline letter . At least they did with me!:D

 

What stage are you at? Pre AQ, post, court date set??

 

good luck

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya dave same stage as me Im just waiting for a court date.

 

Some members are actually phoning up cobbetts and are being told "we are waiting for your cheque to come back down" so it may be worth you ringing them if you feel brave.

 

I did and was told "its up to the judge now" implying that they were going to see me in court - which I think I was just unlucky and they are trying to be all very scary over the phone!!!

 

But like I said most people are getting some good news just by phoning up so it worth a try as you will have nothing to lose eh!

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

 

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the advice allyxia, but rather put it in writing. Just them a letter accepting their offer again. I enclosed a copy of my last letter, and proof that it had been delivered from the royal mail website.

the balls in their court again now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...