Iona777

Discharged Trustdeed & PPI Claim

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 342 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have previously posted on the PPI board but am posting here to see if I can get any more specific details about PPI in relation to a Scottish Trustdeed.

I took out a loan with Egg in 2002 and paid it up normally for about 4 years then entered a trustdeed from 2006 - 2009. I was fully discharged as was my trustee. I also know that my trustee has no interest in reopening my trustdeed in order to recaputure any ppi payments.

I made a PPI Complaint and Egg have admitted it was mis-sold and have offered my a payment.

However they have made a number of deductions from that sum. One is Tax which is fair enough, another is "Less a previous rebate" of £2365 which I never recieved from them and finally they deduct £1850 as a "Final Loan Adjustment" which has been sent to a DCA called Arrow which bought my account in 2011 after my trustdeed was completed.

As far as I am aware the only one who has any potential claim on any PPI payment I might recieve is my old Trustdeed Trustee. If he has no interest then all payment should come to me. I can see from the information that I recieved from Canada Sq as a result of a SAR that they spoke to my trustee who said he had no interest in my PPI payout.

I will write to Canada Square to challenge them on this but can anyone give me any input on what the legality of this might be especially given that this is a Scottish Trustdeed rather than an IVA?

I have tried to seek advice on the legality of this and while most agnecies I have spoke to say they don't think that the bank can do this none really has any experiance of this type of issue.

Has anyone else had a similer issue with PPI and a trustdeed with money being sent to a debt collection agency?