• Tweets

• The CMA has today published further detail on its views on the law in relation to cancellations and refunds during the pandemic. View the full article
    • Includes eligibility, appeals, tax credits and Universal Credit View the full article
    • The questionnaires below provide important information which will allow us to help you. In order to use them, you will have to copy them into your own post and then give us the answers – preferably in red below each question. You can start by overwriting the prompt: "Give answer here" below each question – and your responses should automatically appear in red   Thank you +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++   You have received a claim form.   firstly - read all the posts in this thread FIRST...   then copy this first msg to your thread - and put your answer after each question   In order for us to help you we require the following information:- [if there are more than one defendant listed - tell us]   Name of the Claimant ? LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD   Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to. 25 AUG 2020   Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total) -   ^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please type out their particulars of claim in full (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down. 1) The defendant entered into an agreement with Vodafone under account reference xxxxxxxxx ("the Agreement"). 2) The Defendant failed to maintain the required payments and the service was terminated. 3) The Agreement was later assigned to the Claimant on 31/07/2015 and notice given to the Defendant. 4) Despite repeated requests for payment, the sum of £595.63 remains due and outstanding. And the Claimant claims a) The said sum of £595.63 b) Interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.131, but limited to one year, being £47.65 c) Costs   What is the total value of the claim? £773.28   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? I received a "Notice of Claim Issue" letter after the "Claim Form".    Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No.   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? Give answer here Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Yes, mobile phone account.   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After April 2007.   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online or phone.   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? I don't think so, I don't have a CCJ, but I will check.   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Account assigned to Debt purchaser.   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Yes, but I don't remember the notice of assignment, I will have to search through all my scans.   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? I think so.   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? I think so, I scanned all the letters, I think different companies have sent me letters, I will check.   Why did you cease payments? Never used the contract, plus financial trouble.   What was the date of your last payment? No monthly payment made just a upfront fee I think.   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No.   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No.     What you need to do now.   Answer the questions above   If you have not already done so – send a CCA request to the claimant for a copy of your agreement
    • Public backs debt enforcement to support vital public services - survey | CIVEA View the full article
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Ex is holding on to possessions

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 797 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

After a bit of advice. A friend of mine has recently split from her husband. She's moved out but he's being a [removed] and not allowing her back into the flat to get her possessions including clothes and jewellery.

Does she have any recourse in law such as obtaining a court order to allow her to recover her possessions?

Edited by dx100uk
behave - dx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a bit of advice. A friend of mine has recently split from her husband. She's moved out but he's being a [removed] and not allowing her back into the flat to get her possessions including clothes and jewellery.

Does she have any recourse in law such as obtaining a court order to allow her to recover her possessions?

I would think the Police would attend if asked to ensure your friend can collect her possessions and no law is broken. I suppose the act of the ex husband could be considered a continuation of abusive behaviour towards your friend. It is not really what the Police are there for, but if a court was asked to apply an order saying that the ex husband had to allow her access to her possessions, then the Police might be called anyway, if there was possibility of violence or public order issue.

Suggest your friend speaks to local Police on 101 to see if they can assist.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

There are other factors, too, if the flat is owned by them, or is on a lease of over 7 years.

If so, whose name is the title to the house in? (The ‘legal title’ held at the land registry).

If hers, (or both of theirs) she has a right of access. As others have said, the police won’t get involved in the nitty-gritty, but will come to ensure no breach of the peace (as they will if the property is on a lease of 7 years or less)

If he holds the legal title (& she is not listed), if he is being that difficult already, he may get more unreasonable. She needs to see a solicitor and protect her rights by getting a restriction placed at the Land Registry / notice placed at the Land Charges Registry under the Matrimonial Rights parts of the Family Law Act 1996.

Many thanks for the responses. Tallies with the advice I'd already given her which was to ask the police to attend and consult a lawyer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------