• Tweets

• Ho @honeybee13,     Re the account number...Phew! Thank you for that...I'm normally pretty careful in redacting stuff but, did post this very late last night and then started working on...redacting some documents 🙄......in the early hours of the morning when I couldn't sleep, which was in preparation for bringing you up to speed with everything.   Re your question: that's what spurred me on to finally join the site: npower have been in so many breaches over the years, it's mind numbing. One of their latest series of breaches even involves the Ombudsman sanctioning those breaches 👿 Here's what he said about this:-   "The other aspect is in relation to the deadlock letter. You are unhappy that this was sent to your nephew, Mr Sxxxx, but addressed to you. I did seek clarification from npower regarding this and they confirmed what I suspected. Because Mr Sxxxx has been assisting you with your complaint and is a named representative on your npower account, as he is on your account with us, npower state that he had requested information from them, including a deadlock letter. npower therefore sent the deadlock letter to Mr Sxxxx but because the deadlock letter is about your account, the deadlock letter was addressed to you. This is a reasonable explanation from npower, and I do not class this as a breach of GDPR because npower has not shared your personal data with anyone they were not meant to."    
    • Thanks, I have only raised it the once and just took the chance to ask if he'd spoken to the chap and once done, fully intended to thanks both. No, I don't want all the hassle, saying I'd pull my big girl pants up and listen to advice given on here. It was he who began to shout at me so I tried to stand my ground. I know these things can get out of hand. What happens if I need work on the panel in future and for workmen to be at that height interrupts their signal? This isn't a hypothetical question as I've had to have remedial work done in 2015, two years after install with scaffolding up to the roof line?  I really dont want grief again at a later date. Thanks for the reply. It's appreciated.
    • That's certainly an avenue worth exploring. It's a shame when somebody's driving record suffers because of what is essentially an "administrative" offence. Unfortunately there's no difference in the penalty between what happened here and somebody tanking it at 120 on the M1 simply declining to name the driver in order to avoid the (almost inevitable) ban for that offence.   As well as that he may be asked whether he has any unspent convictions in (say) the past five years and whatever the position with his licence he must answer "yes" to that. Whilst penalty points become spent when they cease to have an effect (i.e. after three years) the accompanying endorsement is not spent until five years have elapsed. The problem I think the OP may face is that it is often the employer's insurers who set the conditions and they may not be easily swayed.
    • Would it be an option to appeal to the company looking to employ you, explaining the situation (why you have points on your licence) and highlighting that the index offence wasn’t committed by you, and now you are more aware of the need for company policies tracking drivers, to protect the other company staff?
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 400 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can someone answer this please as a part-time worker if you ask for time off for a hospital appointment are you expected to make up the time lost? No contract of employment in place.

Depends on company policy but usually yes, unless disabled or maternity related.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

The short answer to this question is, unfortunately, yes. Employers are not required by law to allow workers to attend medical appointments in work time. This means that an employer is perfectly within their rights to take the time for attending medical appointments out of an employee's holiday allowance

Assuming you are an employee (not self employed or something) it's as advised above but what do you mean by "as a part-time worker"? Do you mean that part-time workers have to make up the time but full-time workers don't? Employers are generally not allowed to treat part time employees less favourably than full time employees, so if f/t employees aren't required to make up the time but p/t are that is probably not legal.

I work for the NHS and even though I have a long term condition, I'm still expected to make up time taken for hospital appointments.

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07

as p/t you presumably have some flexibility on when you can book your appointments and not lose out. tell the booking person what is suitable and see if they can find you a slot so you dont lose out. Any chance you work in the same hospital as your appointment? room for argument about late running appointments etc then.

Any chance you work in the same hospital as your appointment? room for argument about late running appointments etc then.

OP hasn't said where they work, it's someone else who posted that they worked in the NHS. The OP hasn't been back since their first post but what I'd like to know when they do is whether full time staff are treated differently, which might be a breach of the Part-time Workers (Prevention of Less Favourable Treatment) Regulations.

my error in following who posted what. Probably too good to be true then

Thanks for the replies gang, not sure if full time workers are treated differently but will find out, thing is about hospital appointment if you don't take it at the offered date then it could be months before you get another even if you are flexible the appointment may not be. Sorry meant to add they don't offer to take the hours back, or deduct it from your pay, you are Expected to make up the hours which means changing the times you normally work.

Update full time employee's are treated the same as part time, but they all have to make up the time lost no option to take it from your pay or holiday's.