• Tweets

• I does sound like it, unfortunately when you get to cars of this value, you have to take into account what sort of profit margin the dealer is going to be taking out of it, and what sort of potential after sales service this can support realistically. the end result is when you get to the bottom of the market you've got the more arthur daley type retailers who are making money either from expensive finance options for people with poor credit ratings, or from essentially ripping people off by selling cars at the full retail mark up, but not giving the backup one would expect after paying the top whack forecourt price.   I think there's an argument when you're in this price bracket for buying privately after doing some research into the type of car you want, you'll end up paying less, and you can put the money saved aside for the inevitable repairs and maintenance.
    • A very odd story indeed. I think I would start off by writing a letter to the court – sent recorded delivery – and also a letter to the police. You need to make sure that you have a paper trail for this. Who is the sender of the letter? Is it the CPS? Send them a letter as well – recorded delivery. I'm not quite sure what else to suggest but may be somebody else will come along with other ideas. But anyway send the letters I have suggested whatever happens
    • I am wondering if anyone can help me or direct me to a template letter. My daughter received a court letter,  she opened it not even checking who it was addressed to. It was addressed to a male who she has never heard of and was a letter detailing sexual offences  and giving a date for a court appearance! She was horrified that someone was using her address and rang the police who told her to ring the court. The police said that they may visit her to check that he doesn't live there, even though she told them that she lives with her son and has done for 10 years. We have googled the offenders name and have no clue who he is or why he has chosen my daughters address. What we do kno3w is that he is a serial offender. My daughter is going to write to the court but she's  very worried. Clearly the man will not be at court as he hasn't got the letters! a warrant will be issued and she is worried that she will come home from work to find her door kicked in. My grandson is only 10 and obviously she's concerned for him too. Any advice would be appreciated
    • One option could have been to open a  not as described case.  but you might have ended up with an automated return label and automated refund. : ? (another karma issue)   ( just to note: that hyper link in my message above is created automatically by this forum . i can not remove it)
    • hello   I was involved in an unpleasant incident at a company which I spotted was a regular thing happening there. It was not nice for me as I was mildly allergic, and I knew that it could have an even more negative reaction in some people. and so I had to do something to stop it.   I did not want to be aggressive in my response. I just said it was not malicious and tried to be helpful and reasonable, as there was risk of the same thing happening again to others, I was very helpful.   I was 'eventually' assured it would not happen again.   I thought I might be eligible for some form of compensation. They would not send me their policy’s when I asked.They would not discuss compensation funds. But they asked for my address and sent me a surprise gift, a rather large package of alcohol  beverages which most people would be overly happy about. Unfortunately  I cannot consume Alcohol.  I am old enough,  although, they did not check ID. I used cash at the company, no cards Although I did state my age by email.   It is hard to return a gift, it pulls on the heart strings.  But I politely said thank you very much, but I cannot consume alcohol due to my beliefs and please may I return the package and asked for a voucher or perhaps suggest something else.   They politely said to offer the alcohol to someone who could enjoy it and thanks for all the help.   Can anyone give any thoughts on this? Was I wrong to ask for the return of the package?   Thank you very much.    
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
JackTheLad87

Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2017 Touchbar

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 336 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone.

I purchased a 13" Macbook Pro with touchbar 2017 model from Curry's on 29th June and was assured by the sales rep that Apple had no plans to release a new model this year as it would've been announced at the Apple WWDC earlier that month... To then find out Apple have released a brand new 2018 model on friday. I felt sick to the stomach and feel like I've just wasted all that money on old tech.

I've read numerous reports online that customers who did the same but purchased from Apple within 30 days before the new model being released are being offered a full exchange to the newer model no questions asked. I've read Curry's return policy and know they can be extremely difficult, it says if you've even opened the product they won't take it back unless it's faulty.

Where do I stand? If I'd known they were releasing a brand new (and quite frankly a much faster and improved machine) only 2 weeks later, I would've waited. I feel conned considering it was such a big purchase. What should I do?

Curry's return policy and know they can be extremely difficult, it says if you've even opened the product they won't take it back unless it's faulty.

Where do I stand? If I'd known they were releasing a brand new (and quite frankly a much faster and improved machine) only 2 weeks later, I would've waited. I feel conned considering it was such a big purchase. What should I do?

Unless you can provide evidence of the conversation with Currys sales rep as part of contract arrangement, then I can't see you getting anywhere.

You could write to Currys head office complaining about the sales advice offered by their store sales rep, but I bet the store sales rep will deny they said what you have alleged. Of course a sales rep might know of new models coming into their store in future weeks, but they are not going to advise customers, as otherwise they would not make sales. I am not saying this behaviour should be accepted, as they should have just said they were aware of new models being shipped or they would suggest you check with Apple as to what upgraded models they were releasing.

The other thing with Apple is that they don't always advertise new product upgrade release dates. So the sales rep might have answered you correctly based on their knowledge at the time.

What research did you conduct before you made the purchase ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hello and welcome to CAG. I've moved your thread to the Currys/Dixons forum and left you a link to follow from the Welcome forum.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum