1st comms = Demand for payment - unpaid PCN - Brighton Met College - ANPR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Received letter from DRP (Debt Recovery Plus) to pay £160 for unpaid PCN from 14.4.18.

I've never received a PCN from UK Car Park Management Ltd before, so this is the 1st time I've seen anything!

Just called DRP to get more info - they have photos, say I exceeded maximum stay (or may not have paid).

I remember being surprised on the day that it has changed at Brighton Met College to the new system, lots of people that day had confusion, couldn't pay by phone (there's no cash option) or was told carpark full, which it clearly wasn't.

I have phone record on that day, but that's all but think we may have had similar situation where it said full and we put notice in the windscreen to say this.

They asked if I moved recently - I did in Oct, but did update my address with DVLA, etc. Again this is the 1st I'm hearing from them.

They just said on the phone I have no right to appeal or dispute, to pay £160 or further action!

Any advice would be appreciated

- should I ignore,

should I contact UK Car Park Management directly instead...?

Many thanks,

you should NEVER EVER ring these people.

please complete this.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DX forgot to add the link!

here it is. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...-Viewing)-nbsp

Copy into a word document and add your answers, either in bold or a contrasting colour, then copy and paste into the reply box under the thread.

The reason for the answers is that it assists those experts wishing to help you to assess the situation and advise specifically to your case.

It is also well worth reading other PPC threads to get a feeling for how these things work.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

this is the second thread about this site and probably for the same date as well.

Read the postings on the other thread and tell us what is different.

Also read up about dca's and the legality of adding unicorn food tax to a charge that is governed by an Act of Parliament and you will soon see that you are being told a fairy tale by DR+

No pCN from the parking co?

well, they wont get very far demanding money then will they.

What I would do is ask the DVLA who accessed your details and what reason was given at the time

you need to know the date of the request for keeper details as well as these people have certain time frames that must be obeyed.

Also, why were you there at Brighton Met? You may have a good reason to rip into them

They just said on the phone I have no right to appeal or dispute, to pay £160 or further action!

Ooh, options! It's always nice when you get choices :wink:

I'll take "Further Action" please :lol:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.