• Tweets

• Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention of peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now - post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!   Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.   Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.   A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
    • I think you have the supremacy of contract as it allows you to park in designated areas. I would argue that there being parking enforcement there clearly means its to be used as parking and as such you can use it under your lease. Only need to worry if they ever follow through with a letter of claim and a claimform though
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Intrum and old barclaycard debt.

RussH
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everybody

I got a phone call yesterday from Mercers, saying i had defaulted on my Barclaycard, and they were ringing to take a payment etc etc

. I explained to the chap on the phone that i had yet to receive a written confirmation from Barclaycard of the default notice.

I have subsequently received it this morning.

I also explained to him that i had sent in a Personal Budget sheet and an offer of a reduced payment to Barclaycard, who have completely ignored it, although they did cash my reduced payment offer cheque!

He said that it had clearly been rejected as my account had now been passed to them

I reiterated to him that i was waiting for this rejection from Barclaycard in writing.

he persisted in trying to badger me into making a payment which i refused.

He then went on to say that he had noticed on my account that i had previously made a payment on my Debit Card, and he was going to try and put through the payment on my card.

I said to him that i was not giving him my authorisation to use my Debit Card.

He completely ignored what i had said to him and said 'I am going to put the payment through on your Debit Card'.

Once again i said to him that i was not authorising him to do so.

He then asked me what date i got paid on, as he was going to put the payment through then.

Suffice to say i didnt tell him when i got paid.

He then claimed that he had the right 'under law' to use my Debit Card to get a payment, as i owed money to Barclaycard.

I don't think he can use my Debit Card to take from account as my Debit Card is with a separate bank. But he has me ever so slightly worried!

Has anyone had a similar experience?

I dont want them to debit my account without me letting them do so.

Can Barclaycard pass on my Debit Card details to Mercers without my express authority??

Can Mercers debit my account without my authority??

Any advice / answers to the above questions are much appreciated!

Thanks

Please still be careful!

Even if you cancel your debit card as lost or stolen and receive a replacement and a creditor attempts to debit the money using your old card details it will still go through!! I have had this happen to me.

When I confronted the bank with this they said 'do you owe these people money?

the bank said if you owe them money and you have previously given your details then there's nothing to callenge.

They said if money has been taken and you believe that it has been stolen then they will chase the money up.

But under these circumstances they believe it to be perfectly acceptable even though the card is cancelled!

They said if money has been taken and you believe that it has been stolen then they will chase the money up. But under these circumstances they believe it to be perfectly acceptable even though the card is cancelled!

Yes I got similar twoddle from my bank once (in writing no less). I found that their attitude changed very quickly after I had popped down to my local police station.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

and what was the outcome Rory?

I ended up contacting the company concerned and disputed it. They DID refund the money.... by the way, the company was Legal & Trade over a disputed Next account (unable to produce CCA)

In view of what has been said above I would suggest that you write to Mercers informing them that you have changed your card and if they attempt to collect money on the old one you will consider it theft and therefore leave you no option other than to make a police report.

Register it to them and keep a copy

and what was the outcome Rory?

The bank very quickly refunded the money to my account.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I think the following is always usefull in these situations.

From the Theft (Amendedment) Act 1996

1. - (1) After section 15 of the Theft Act 1968 insert-

"Obtaining a money transfer by deception. 15A. - (1) A person is guilty of an offence if by any deception he dishonestly obtains a money transfer for himself or another.

amdt-col.gif (2) A money transfer occurs when-

(a) a debit is made to one account,

(b) a credit is made to another, and

© the credit results from the debit or the debit results from the credit.

(3) References to a credit and to a debit are to a credit of an amount of money and to a debit of an amount of money.

(4) It is immaterial (in particular)-

(a) whether the amount credited is the same as the amount debited;

(b) whether the money transfer is effected on presentment of a cheque or by another method;

© whether any delay occurs in the process by which the money transfer is effected;

(d) whether any intermediate credits or debits are made in the course of the money transfer;

(e) whether either of the accounts is overdrawn before or after the money transfer is effected.

(5) A person guilty of an offence under this section shall be liable on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years.

And there i was thinking that they could not debit my account without my authority! i've heard of a few cases where this has happened but it tended to be where the debt and the debit card account are both held by the same bank.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

Quick Overview:

I sent both my Barclaycard's (Visa/Mastercard) a letter with a Personal Budget expenditure asking them to accept reduced payments on their credit cards about one month ago.

I have not received any correspondence in reply from them whatsoever.

I recently got a phone call from Mercers saying that i had been defaulted and they needed payment etc etc.

I explained to Mercers that i had not received a default notice and that i was waiting for Barclaycard to reply to me about my proposal.

I then received the default notice the next day in the post (from Mercers) saying that if i did not clear my arrears of £800 odd by 29th June then i was in default etc etc.

I cannot afford to pay that amount so it seems i will have a default registered on my account on or after the 29th of June.

My Queries:

Am i correct in thinking that i should CCA Barclaycard / Mercers to give me a bit of breathing space??

I acknowledge the debt to them,

i just want to pay it back at amounts that i can afford.

I have quite a few charges on my accounts that i am intending to reclaim, which should eventually help to reduce my debt to them.

since i sent Barclaycard my payment proposal they have cashed the reduced payment cheques i sent.

So i think this is slightly in my favour.

Am i following the right procedures here?

Can anyone give me any further advice on what i should be doing or should do next?

Many Thanks

CCA them immediately sending 1.00 postal order Special Delivery.

Also send the SAR request with 10.00 postal order adding to template letter something like

"I am aware that you have added unlawful penalty charges to my account which I will be claiming back."

Then send letter to DCA saying this account is in dispute.

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Thanks for the response Josie8. I don't think i will actually send them a S.A.R. as i have every statement on my account since i opened them and i can work out the unlawful charges they have applied to my account.

I will send the CCA's to the DCA (Mercers) for both my credit card accounts. I assume they will then have to send it back to Barclaycard. My accounts are both over 10 years old so i'm hopeful the paperwork will have got lost in the system somewhere along the line.

Once they receive my CCA request, i assume the account is definitely in dispute till they produce my paperwork or otherwise? Is there anything else i should be doing? I will be maintaining my reuced payments to them without fail every month.

• 1 month later...

Quick Update folks:

Having sent all my creditors a reduced payment offer, the majority of them have accepted my offer apart from of course, surprise, surprise Barclaycard!!

They completely ignored my letter, defaulted me and passed me on to Mercers.

I have maintained my payments to B/Card since i sent them my reduced payment offer (in May 07).

However, Mercers keep ringing me, and B/Card keep adding interest and charges which amount to more than my monthly payment to them.

So in effect my debt to them is increasing!

I rang the CCCS to get some advice on this.

I was informed that i should write to Barclaycard, stating that they have ignored my correspondence, and demanding they acknowledge my letter.

Lady at the CCCS said something along the lines of 'Banks have a minimum duty/obligation to reply to your correspondence if you have contacted them." Failing that, i should put in a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman on the basis that they are breaching the banking code.

Now here's the bit i need help with:

Can anyone make any suggestions as to what i put in the letter in terms of code of conduct, breaches of the Banking Code etc etc?

i want to quote them sections that they have breached. i just need the official jargon. Any experts out there please feel free to contribute.

Many Thanks

RussH

Link to the banking code http://www.bankingcode.org.uk/pdfdocs/BANKING%20CODE.pdf

Its easy to read

Have a look at Section 13 and 14 which appears to be most relevant.

Barclaycard and mercers are the same thing. They will tell you they arnt but they are. If you ask to speak to Barclaycard collections you will end up speaking to Mercers.

making a complaint to Barclaycard on the phone is completely impossible as you end up doing a tour of the sub continant. I would comlpain by letter its the only way you will get any response and ultimately you will have to have exhausted the compliants porcedure before the BOS will listen to you.

Good luck

7 actions in progress

amount refunded so far £6500

Thanks for all the advice folks.

I'm definitely going to send out a letter to them complaining about their lack of response to my offer

. I'm in a bit of a quandary with them regarding CCA'ng them.

I'm pretty sure that if i sent a CCA request to them, they will be unable to supply them as i have had my cards with them for over 10 years.

Hypothetically speaking, assuming i made a CCA request to which they failed to supply, and default on, am i correct in assuming that they can no longer add interest charges etc?

What i was hoping to do was wait for Barclaycard to sell the debt to an external debt collector, who were more likely to accept my reduced payment offer.

However, as long as i am maintaining my payments to them (despite them ignoring me so far), what are the chances it will be sold on?

Whats the timescale?

I seem to have heard that its usually 6 months or so before its sold on? Does this still apply if i making payments?

Ok folks

This is what i am considering sending off to B/Card as a initial complaint to their lack of response. Could someone have a look at it for me please? Any suggestions or additions to give it more clout are always welcome!

Many Thanks

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Account Number: **** **** **** ****

Account Number: **** **** **** ****

I sent you a letter detailing my change of circumstances and making a reduced payment offer on the above accounts. This letter was sent to you on ** May 2007. I am extremely disappointed that to date you have ignored my letter, and have not replied to my correspondence. Furthermore, you have issued me with a default notice and have passed my accounts on to Mercers Debt Collection Agency.

May I remind you of the following sub-sections The Banking Code Section 14 (Financial Difficulties – how we can help)

14.1 We will consider cases of financial difficulty sympathetically and positively. Our fist step will be to try and contact you to discuss the matter.

14.2 If you find yourself in financial difficulties, you should let us know as soon as possible. We will do all we can to help you overcome your difficulties. With your co-operation, we will develop a plan with you for dealing with your financial difficulties and we will tell you in writing what we have agreed.

14.3 The sooner we discuss your problems, the easier it will be for both of us to find a solution. The more you tell us about your full financial circumstances, the more we may be able to help you.

As you are committed to the Banking Code, I feel that you have failed to meet your obligations / commitments to any of the above sub-sections by ignoring my correspondence. I would appreciate a written reply to my letters of ** May 2007.

I look forward to hearing from you

Yours sincerely

• 10 years later...

Hello everyone

I have a very old debt that i have been paying back (for nearly 10 years) to 1st Credit until recently.

Few months ago i got a letter saying 1st Credit has now been taken over and is now known as Intrum. No problem there - continued paying as normal.

Now i am getting the usual series of letters from Intrum asking me to get in contact with them - all of which i have ignored as i havent stopped paying them monthly. The latest letters are now at the stage where they are 'going to pass my account to their Internal Legal Dept.' etc etc.

Am i correct in thinking they dont have a leg to stand on if i havent missed my payments?

Is this their usual threating rubbish in an attempt for me to get in touch with them?

I personally think that they want me to up my monthly payments (i am curently paying back £25 per month on a £1800 debt).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

WHOA!!!!!!

WHY???? Are you paying these crooks anything?

£25 a month is going straight into their profit pocket!!!!

I'd seriously question their legal right to take this money off you in the first place.

What is the debt please?

When did you take it out?

Who was the original creditor?

And how did you get conned into financing a powerless DCA?

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ignore them...they cant issue a court claim on the basis of the debtor wouldnt reply to us to increase his ongoing payment which has never been defaulted.

Stop your payment though and you do give them reason.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Original debt was with Barclaycard - a credit card debt. I fully acknowledge the debt and i was repaying on an agreed payment plan, since 2008.

Would be foolish to stop payment then...unless you wish to gamble and request copies of the paperwork they could rely on.

But there is no legal requirement to review your payment or submit an I&E...your payment plan was agreed with 1st Cred.....and endures.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread