style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I wonder if you could offer advice please

Jbw enforcement agent appeared at my home this morning looking for my 21 year old son.

I did not open the door no will i.

Son is not here at the moment but i do have a bed wardrobe ect in my dinning room for him to use if he was to be here

- no belonging other then some clothes and odd toiletries and no car in his name.

Notice just says enforcement for warrant £616

And a ref number .

phoned son who told me to open his mail and discovered letters about non payment of dart charge from march this year.

2x £115 one of the numbers matches the number on the enforcement notice the other does not

Whats the best way to proceed from here please ?

Are they likely to try and take goods from my home ?

Should son contact the bailiff with a offer ?

Edited by honeybee13
Font size

No powers of entry.

Its not magistrates fines.

They cannot take anything of yours.

If they turn up let them do HPI checks and DVLA cecks on your cars no matter how much they spit there dummies out.

Have a good parent son chat.

Old enough to drive, old enough to sort finances out

One question

Who's car was he driving at the time?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes his bottom has been kicked sadly as hes dyslexic he does tend not to open his flipping letters sticks his head in the sand

.It was his car that was scrapped around the same time.

Is there any way forward with this to resolve it ?

Should he just start to pay what he can afford to the debt agency while ignoring the bailiff ?

Would i need to show proof that its our home and not his ?

Not a problem but id just like to know what

You cant ignore the bailiffs as a warrant has been issued.

Best thing is to get an arrangement to pay before they do a personal visit. This will save him money.

If they do visit you can show them your id and explain its your son but they will try to gain peaceful entry, so lock your doors behind you.

They will try to get you to pay it, being bank of mum and dad but it depends what sort of stance you want to take with your son.

Personally id make him pay it regardless.

This was a personal visit allready many charges on top The bank of mum will not be paying because a ,i cant afford to and b, its not my flaming debt

However i know he hasnt got this kind of money and that the bailiff is unlikely to accept what he can offer

Unfortunately the charges are set in legislation and now form part of the fine.

I take it he does not live with you so let them trace him to his own address.

Sometimes they need to stand up on their own feet

Give the bailiff your sons address and prove he isn't at your house. Then let the bailiff deal with it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi guys

Son is not here at the moment but i do have a bed wardrobe ect in my dinning room for him to use if he was to be here- no belonging other then some clothes and odd toiletries and no car in his name.

Notice just says enforcement for warrant £616

And a ref number .Phoned son who told me to open his mail and discovered letters about non payment of dart charge from march this year.

2x £115 one of the numbers matches the number on the enforcement notice the other does not. Should son contact the bailiff with a offer ?

As you son has only just become aware of the Dart Charge (because he is living elsewhere), then the simplest solution is for him to submit two Dart Charge Out of Time witness statements to the Traffic Enforcement Centre. He will need to provide a postal address on the forms (presumably where he is now living).

On the forms he will need to provide the Penalty Charge Number (which for Dart Charge will start with IA (or possibly IB) and be followed by 8 numbers. He will need to explain that he only became aware of the penalties yesterday when he was contacted by his mother after a bailiff visited her address. In relation to the vehicle and address on DVLA records, I would suggest that your son states on the forms that the vehicle involved in the crossings was scrapped a short while after using the crossing. He is has any evidence, he should provide it.

If he submits the forms before 4pm today (by email) they will be processed today and in almost all cases, bailiff enforcement will be placed on hold sometime tomorrow morning. The 'hold' will be in place for around 4-6 weeks. If accepted, and depending on whether he has received a previous penalty charge notice, the charge will be reduced to either £2.50 or £37.50. All bailiff fees will be removed.

PS: I would suggest that on the form your son mention that he is 21 years of age and is dyslexic.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that if your son only has one Penalty Charge Notice number, he will need to call Highways England to get the number for the second crossing. Their telephone number is 0300 300 0120. He needs to wait on the line to speak with an operator. It is during the call that many of my clients discover that there are other unpaid Dart Charges !!! If so, he needs to ask for the reference numbers. He should ask what stage of enforcement they are at (Charge Certificate, Order for Recovery or warrant stage).