Extremely worried - HA applying for warrant of possession - rent arrears.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nah I didn't try that. I sort of gave up trying to reason with them since it's obvious they will not budge unless I pay everything in full before the eviction goes ahead. Not sure what Shelter could say differently other than what I've already said and offered to pay.

My Housing Officer made it clear nothing would work, only paying everything in full will. All he said was to wait for an eviction date and then to apply for a Stay of Eviction as I mentioned previously. He said the HA would only agree to a stay if the arrears were paid off in full.

The court is really my only option I feel. My HA are in an "all or no can do" mode. If they didn't like my current plan, it just seems pointless trying to reason with them or get someone else to do it for me.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just still wondering whether I should be setting aside the order or simply revoking it. Revoking it sounds like something I should be requesting, but I'm not sure. I have to make sure the letter I write is up to standard and proper, so I want to do it properly and not miss anything or request something that's not feasible for my circumstances.

Another question (apologies for asking too many questions): does the fact that the court granted permission for a warrant mean that the HA already have the date of the eviction and/or have applied for bailiffs? Or do they need to make another application to the court in order to get the warrant itself (which would give me more time I suppose)?

I'm just still wondering whether I should be setting aside the order or simply revoking it. Revoking it sounds like something I should be requesting, but I'm not sure. I have to make sure the letter I write is up to standard and proper, so I want to do it properly and not miss anything or request something that's not feasible for my circumstances.

Well contact Shelter... they will help you with a letter/negotiate with the HA

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Another question (apologies for asking too many questions): does the fact that the court granted permission for a warrant mean that the HA already have the date of the eviction and/or have applied for bailiffs? Or do they need to make another application to the court in order to get the warrant itself (which would give me more time I suppose)?

Already advised in posts#18 & 19

And you cant revoke it...its suspended and your still in arrears

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yeah I read those posts. The post said they have been granted permission to issue it (which I know as the N24 order stated this) but it does not really say whether or not they actually have the warrant and are just waiting to send it to me. It just says that they have been given permission to issue one.

Are there any additional steps they need to follow in order to now issue it to me, or can they simply send me a date of eviction immediately? I.e. the post says they cannot just use the N325 form straightaway without seeking permission if going for a breach in a suspended PO. Does that then mean they now need to submit an N325 to get the warrant or have they likely sent both (N325A and N325) at the same time and already gotten it approved? Do they now simply just apply for the bailiffs? If so, how long does that take on average?

I'm only asking because I'm trying to identify how much time I actually have left to get this sorted. The court told me to stop panicking as I apparently have "plenty of time" but I'm still worried that they now can just issue the warrant since they've been given permission to do so. And since I don't know how long issuing the warrant takes, I'm worried I don't have as much time as I thought.

Edited by Gourger20

They have already requested permission in the initial claim which I assume was granted but suspended

The N24 now informs you they are allowed to issue it for whatever reason ( we dont know you have not uploaded a copy)...it also allows you to take action (Set a side/suspend/stay which we have discussed with your options.

I understand that they would have to to submit N445( Request for reissue of warrant.)

https://owenwhite.com/permission-apply-warrants-possession-new-forms-n325a-n445/

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

It basically said this on the N24 form:

"On the 24th July 2018, District Judge [Their name] at the County Court at Brentford (goes on to list its address and post code)

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. Pursuant to CPR 83.2 the Claimant has permission to issue a warrant for possession of land in this case.

2. This order was issued without a hearing. If you object to this order you have 7 days from the date of service of this order to apply to set aside, vary or revoke the order."

That's pretty much it.

Is it my understanding that based on this, they now just need to apply for the bailiffs to issue the warrant? And that they don't actually have the warrant itself yet already, just have permission to issue it? Do they need to wait the 7 days as well before they can actually apply for bailiffs or can they just do it right now even if I challenge the order on the N24 form?

Edited by Gourger20

Yup. If it wasn't the post code error on the N24 form, it likely would have come to me sooner.

Should I expect the eviction date to come next week then? Rather be prepared for it to come than be taken by surprise. This has had me stressed out all day long.

Edited by Gourger20

So, shelter ended up wasting more of my time. I contacted them and they sent me to the nearest Shelter building to go see a caseworker. When I arrived there, it was packed. I was not told by the person I called that you had to wait in line in order to be seen by someone and due to the amount of people that were there, I ended up not getting seen. I was sent home.

I've been filling out the N244 form to set aside the order mentioned on the N24 form. I'm struggling to know where I should be signing on the form. I am filling it out on my computer via Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Do you sign both the Statement of Truth and highlight the appropriate text (where it says "I believe)?

Question 11 also requires another signature and then asks for an address - which address do I put there?

And also, where it says "Applicant(’s legal representative’s)(’s litigation friend)" - do you highlight anything here? Finally, question 9 asks who should be served with this application, do I need to put anything here?

Edited by Gourger20

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

In the example,

"Applicant(’s legal representative’s)(’s litigation friend)" has everything but "Applicant" crossed with a red line.

Is this what I should be doing?

Also, they didn't put their signatures on the form itself but have an affixed statement with the signatures instead.

I answer Q10 on a separate sheet and then copy that statement (and reword to fit my own situation) and put my signatures there?

I selected the "evidence" option as I have some evidence of my payments towards my Housing Association and that I will be receiving a lump sum from my loan (which is more than enough to cover the arrears and court costs).

Can that statement still be used as well?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

You sign the form as Applicant and also sign the statement sheet for Q10.

You sign at No11. and put your home address as shown in the example

Alright, thanks.

Do I also need to put my husband's signature as his name is also on the N24 order (both our names are on the tenancy)? Or is it okay to just put my signature as I am the one making the application (husband isn't well enough to deal with this, so I'm the one trying to get it stopped)?

Apologies for countless questions. Just want to make sure I do it right.

One signature should be OK. When you have got all your paperwork together ready to take to court staple it all securely together and make sure you take a copy of it all for yourself so you can refer to it in court.

If you take the eviction notice with you I think the fee is half, I can't remember off hand what it is though - ring the court and ask. They will require payment when you take the N244 in.

Also if you are in receipt of certain benefits there is a fee remission.

If you take the eviction notice with you I think the fee is half, I can't remember off hand what it is though - ring the court and ask. They will require payment when you take the N244 in.

Also if you are in receipt of certain benefits there is a fee remission.

Oh, I don't have the eviction notice yet.

I only have the N24 form at this time telling me that permission was granted. It then just says if I object, that I must do so within 7 days from the date of service of the order. So does that mean I need to pay more because I don't have the notice yet? I wrote on the N244 form that I am objecting the order and wish to set it aside. I've not asked for a warrant suspension as I don't have one served to me yet.

Sent off the form on Thursday, so hopefully should hear from the court soon. I hope it gets accepted.

I'm just wondering though: I've been reading and apparently it's possible that the eviction could get transferred to the High Court. I'm worried about this considering that my HA didn't want to wait until September 10th and with the way things are going right now (lots of waiting), it may end up taking that long for them to get a date.

What's the likelihood that it'll get transferred to the High Court? They don't give warnings, so the last thing I want is to find them at my door unannounced.

Hi

I know this may be late to ask but before this happened but could you clarify the following:

1. Did the HA send you letters previous to this notifying you of the Arrears and what was your response?

2. Did you enter into a Payment Plan with the HA to clear the Arrears? or

You didn't and ignored the HA with them now applying for Possession of Property.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group