beachgoer

AS PARKING windscreen PCN - Fallen ticket - Rivere Towans Car Park (Hayle, Cornwall)

Invoiced by A S Parking at Hayle beach.

It is coming up to 21 days ( argh missed the 14 day early window).

Terrible weather and annoyingly had checked and flipped the ticket once but then someone must have shut a different door and it flipped again.

Company clearly state they don't care about any mitigating circumstances.

Very steep charge £100 (£60 if id paid early).

Is there anything i can do?

They haven't written to the reg keeper yet (which is also me) would i get another discounted period then?

The only ticketing error/issue i can see is that the printing of the car park name is virtually non existent on the original ticket that i paid for.

looking for light at the end of the tunnel, thanks

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

I wouldn't worry about reductions in price.

You paid the ticket so they have lost nothing so you owe nothing.

That is the way everybody including the Court see it-everybody except the crooks that run dodgy car park systems.

Once you have filled out the questions above -post 2-and we see the parking notices you receive we will give you the best advice to avoid paying them a penny.

So just sit tight, ignore all the rubbish and threats they send and do not respond to them until you have all your ducks in a row then hit them one time with both barrels

if they have any sense they will slope off and leave you alone.

They are in a no win- situation they just don't know yet but keep them stewing for now..

Thank you

1 The date of infringement? 17/06/18

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] N

if you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it,

suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide

has there been a response?

please post it up as well, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]

If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] N

what date is on it

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence?

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?]

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

5 Who is the parking company? A S Parking LTD

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park?

...Rivere Towans Car Park (Hayle, Cornwall)..................... ....

OK, that means that a Notice to Keeper (NtK) must arrive on your doormat, not before 16th July (they shouldn't even be asking the DVLA for the keeper details until this date) and not after 12th August.

Do absolutely nothing with this until that NtK arrives and we can see what's said on it. AS Porking are IPC members, so I expect they'll get at least 1 thing completely wrong :lol:

The NTK has arrived within the correct times

Do not contact AS parking but please post

Up their NTK and see what mistakes they have

Made on that.

In addition could you check with the local Council

To see if they have obtained planning permission

To have their signs erected in the car park.

(It comes under the Town and Country Act

Advertisements).

Also we would like to see all the notices in the car

Park as well as the rules on the ticket machines

If there is one.

Most of their notices contradict each other

Which is good for you.

post up the NTK so we can read it. They must contain certain key phrases or they fail to create any liability, let alone a keeper liability. AS are rubbish at their job

Now, they fail to say who the creditor is so not following the protocols of POFA to create ANY liability whatsoever.

However, being thick and taking rubbish advice from Will and John at the IPC wont stop them hiring the same Will and John at Gladstones to chase you but there is no hurry to respond to this letter.

Seeing the signage at the car park will help us, is it near to you?

Also pictures of all different signs and the ticket machine as well as the entrance to the car park from the publuic highway.

No sign visible on entry then how are you supposed to now you are being offered a contract to be there.

Only signs around the place are a bit like a contract saying do not read this notice or pay us £100.

PO box number and not a proper service address for legal submissions.

admin fee? not if you are trying to claim a keeper liability and anyways that would be charging a fee for not breaching the contract. We would all like to run abusiness where you can bill people who dont owe you anything but strangely enough it isnt lawful

The creditor is identified. A S Parking always offer a small admin fee for face down tickets when presented with a valid ticket.

I smell the blood of an AS Parking/Athens Security employee :spy:

Let's have a look at your only other post in the over 4 years that you've been a member.

Re: A S Parking (Athens Security Services Ltd) Perranporth Parking Charge Notice

What makes you think they use the legal model PEOL?

Hmmmm, somethings fishy :ranger:

PO box number and not a proper service address for legal submissions.

admin fee? not if you are trying to claim a keeper liability and anyways that would be charging a fee for not breaching the contract. We would all like to run abusiness where you can bill people who dont owe you anything but strangely enough it isnt lawful

The courts disagree with you I’m afraid.

The courts disagree with you I’m afraid.

Perhaps you'd be able to furnish us with one single (properly defended) case, so no default judgements or cases where the wrong arguments were used, and a transcript would be nice, where the courts (and I don't mean the Muppets at the IPC "kangaroo court") have found in favour of AS Parking/Athens on that point. :|

I should also like you to quantify the statement "always offer a small admin fee......". As I cannot recall a single instance from this forum where do you get that from. If you wish to rely on a personal anecdote then that is ONE example and that is statistically insignificant.

On the other hand if your boss has told you to enter comment on these pages then I will accept your bosses word that they are likely to cancel unlawfully issued charges for a small unlawful fee. In NI and Scotland they could go to prison for that and that is why the POFA wasnt enacted there.

Feel free to ask on the closed Fb pages, plenty on their will share their losses no doubt.

So, that'll be a no then. Thought as much :thumb:

I've a good mind to drive down to Cornwall and park (badly) in as many of your car parks as I can find. I'll even forego any rights to an appeal. I'd like to see you (and those two other clowns at Gladrags) try to beat me in Court :lol:

OK wide-minded, let's be open an honest here for a moment, if that isn't too much to ask.

You work for AS Parking, Athens Security or a company associated with them. Maybe you're even Kevin or Louise. Am I correct?

When I contributed to the rather parochial fb pages on private parking I dont recall any such accepted offers being shouted from the rooftops. Are there 2 closed groups with large numbers of members? I do recall a member offering such a service but that means they had the authority of AS to do so so agency if not employment.

BTW, that forun is OK if you want a nice POPLA appeal but no good for advice on court matters.

Sorry to not respond for a while on my own thread.

I can't get back to the car park to take photos of the signs etc as it is quite a distance.

A little confused about what i need to do now, do i need to reply or just leave it. Were there any errors that make it unenforceable?

To be honest i would have been happy to pay a small fee/fine as the ticket was the wrong way up,

I just feel that as i had genuinely bought a ticket that the fine was extortionate.

All the things i have read say that there is definitely no option of that.

Thank you all for your responses.

Please fill in your quit date here