Millenium Parking Services Swansea Arvato (103)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My girlfriend works at Arvato, Swansea.

She received a 'Notice to Keeper' dated 10/5/18, claiming she failed to display her permit on 3/5/18. Claiming £100, reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days.

She has a permit to park in the area in question (Arvato (103), Sandringham Park, Swansea, SA70EA. She can't recall not displaying it on the day. Normally displays it every day.

The photos provided by Millenium don't show the left hand corner of the windscreen, so I'm not sure they are valid evidence?

She appealed to Millenium, with photos of her valid pass, but they've turned it down on 12/6/18.

I'm a little worried about that, as I thought we had more time to appeal to the IAS,

Reading it now, it appears we only had 21 days, which would be 2 days ago.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Forget any stupid time limits

Dont do anything else unless you get a letter of claim

Complete this please

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(3-Viewing)-nbsp

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 Date of the infringement : 03/05/2018

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]: 10/05/2018

3 Date received : 18/05/2018

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] : N

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? : Y

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal]: Y (to follow)

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up : Y (to follow)

7 Who is the parking company? Millenium Parking Services

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] : Arvato (103), Sandringham Park, Swansea, SA70EA

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. : Independent Appeals Service (IAS)

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here : Rejection of Appeal

copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions...: to follow. What details should I hide?

Read upload

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Text of appeal:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I was issued with the above parking ticket on 3/5/18. I believe this has been issued unfairly.

As a member of staff working at Arvato, I have a valid parking permit entitling me to park in the car park in question at any time. Details of this are held on the Arvato database.

If my permit was not displayed on the date in question, I can only assume that when leaving the vehicle, it was knocked off the dashboard.

Given that I am heavily pregnant at the moment, with placenta complications, manoeuvring in and out of the vehicle is difficult, especially if there is vehicle to the side of my car.

I also feel that as there was no financial loss suffered by any party, the large sum demanded is not an accurate reflection of any loss suffered, so it is not a reasonable charge.

Your monetary claim is disproportionate, punitive and unjustifiable. If you continue to pursue me for this sum, I would require a full breakdown of how these losses are calculated. I would also need to see a copy of the contract between yourselves and the landowner proving that they consent to you issuing such a demand for payment.

For these reasons, I would be grateful if you would agree to cancel the Parking Charge Notice.

I’ve attached a copy of my pass (number 1**).

Upload: Hope it's okay? Please let me know if not / more info needed.

Thanks very much.

Millenium Parking Swansea Arvato (103) 05-07-2018.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
merge

If my permit was not displayed?????

You've given them everything they need...

If they missed a bit of the windscreen out of the picture then state it was there.

That's if you should be writing to them at all.

State.

The picture does not show my dashboard in its entirety.

I displayed my permit in xxxx corner which your photographs fail to show. This could be construed to manipulate evidence to fit a "crime" (in quotes" which in its self is a criminal offence and you will be reported as such..

If you want to start letter tennis with them

• Thanks 1

so vanishing windscreen ticket then from them?

and they

that's what I mean...

and they

Can she still mention that the photo doesn't show the full screen?

To Millenium, or in Appeal to IAS?

Does there have to be a windscreen ticket? Is that grounds for appeal to IAS?

you've already appealed

as post 2 now

and they

We've appealed to Millenium, they rejected. They say we must now appeal to IAS, or pay?

Sorry if I'm missing something, but are you saying we should just do nothing? Should we not appeal to IAS?

Thanks.

no read post 2

• Confused 1

and they

there is no appeal to the IAS,

they have never allowed a successful appeal and dont even read them.

That was shown in a TV documentary so take heed of what people tell you here rather than pinning your hopes on a kangaroo court.

These are the simple facts

Your OH has a licence to park.

Millenium have no right to interfere with that so even if she failed to show a permit that doesnt change the law in their favour.

They wont give up because they are greedy and ignorant and are badly advised by their Trade Association, who are less then honest.

You wont reason this out with them so stop trying to,

let them do their worst and then slap them hard should they decide they want to lose money on a legal action.

Anything you say before then will be a waste of time as they arent going to see reason as they are greedy and ignorant as already said.

So, let them do their worst and come back here if she does get a letter before claim from their lawyers Gladstones,

who are the IPC in a different frock so no conflict of interest there.

Can she still mention that the photo doesn't show the full screen?

To Millenium, or in Appeal to IAS?

Does there have to be a windscreen ticket? Is that grounds for appeal to IAS?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Powerless

and they

you need to read up on what happens in all of these cases and you will soon realise that dca's have no powers to do anything whatsoever.

Also ask yourself why the bill has gone up to £160 when the contractual sum was £100.

Let us say for example you buy a sofa and the terms are £1000 no deposit nothing to pay for a month.

Do you then expect to pay another company an extra £600 for asking you to pay for the sofa? It is the same principle here

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

• 1 month later...

Update: had 3 letters from Debt Recovery Plus, last one kindly offering to reduce the sum owed from £160 to £130.

Now had a letter from Zenith Collections, asking for £160 again. Again threatening to recommend legal action.

I assume we still sit & wait?

Thanks all.

as post 2

and they

No but it would be worth having a word with the site owner and letting them know that they may be in for a load of flak over their employment of a bunch of cowboys who are now ruining their reputation and that social media is a very instant and powerful method of letting the world know for ever how people feel when things go wrong and once it is up there in cyberspace it never comes back down again so they should make an executive decision regarding the incorrect issuing of demands with menaces.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for all the help so far.

Now had a 'Letter Before Claim' from Gladstones Solicitors.

They include a copy of another 'Letter before Claim', that they supposedly sent on 24th December. We didn't receive that one?

They're saying that they've been instructed to take legal action unless we pay £160, or provide a valid reason for non-payment.

Goes on to talk about Paragraph 4 of the Pre-Action protocol ('the PAP'), and if we believe we have a valid reason for non-payment, complete the form on their website?

TIA