mrk123

Penalty untaxed vehicle - i paid already.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 444 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My van was clamped outside my home early may.

I went to the post office, set up a direct debit, then called the clampers and paid the £100 or so clamp fine, clamp was released later that day/eve.

I thought that was it.

Just received a letter from DVLA conmen asking me to pay fine just short of £200.

I was under the impression that if you taxed it and paid the clampers that was it..

I am goinf to appeal it but just wonderd if you had any advice on what I should be saying, will they be softened up if I say I was hoping they would see light if I taxed it etc.

Thanks.

You've paid the release fee and now paid the current vehicle exise duty.

There is also a fine for the period you were driving the vehicle without it.

Post all paperwork you were given

You've paid the release fee and now paid the current vehicle exise duty.

There is also a fine for the period you were driving the vehicle without it.

Post all paperwork you were given

Post where? On here?

Yep. That's right.

Your being fined for before you were clamped. Quite correct

Is there anyway to appeal this?

On what grounds are you going to explain how you were not using a vehicle with no exise duty paid but it was seen and clamped on a public highway?

I just think the fine is massively excessive, that's 4 days work for some people.

I was selling my van, and it was likley to sell at any moment. Will they back down on this at all?

Unfortunately that's what happens when you try to get away with not paying taxes.

According the OP's letter in post 5, the offence the DVLA are claiming is that the vehicle was on a public road when a SORN was in force.