ryan air charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

i'm pretty new to this site but i was curious to know if anyone else has experienced the same problem with ryanair when it comes to pre-paying for checked in luggage in their website. There is supposedly to be a discount price of £3.50 if you pay online before you go to the airport but when it came to this i was charged the £7 what happened to the discount? I was only checking in 1 bag so i didn't mistakenly put down 2. this an excert from their website

UK Pounds/Euro or local currency equivalent)Booked on www.ryanair.comBooked via a Call Centre* or Airport UK PoundsEuroUK PoundsEuroFlight Change Fees£17.00€25.00£30.00€45.00Name Change Fees £45.00€65.00Infant Fee£7.00€10.00£7.00€10.00Baggage Fee£3.50€4.50£7.00€10.00

Has anyone else noticed this, who have travelled on ryanair? Have you said or done anything about it? are they allowed to lie so blatantly? Any information would be great.

Pink

• 2 weeks later...

It has been sorted out before it was moved forums. It was for a 1 way flight and i had problems trying to book the ticket. Anyhow eventually got through to the customers services and luckily enough there was someone decent on the other end of the line and it has now been sorted out. So no need to reply.

• 2 years later...

BANKS EXPLOITING EXTRA CREDIT/DEBIT CARD FEE LOOPHOLE

I DO NOT NEED A VISA ELECTRON CARD or other currently advertised accounts and credit cards to avoid Ryanair’s extra credit card charges/fees, IF I had the facility to pay for the product I buy by cash or another option without paying extra fees on the credit card. Changing accounts, waiting for approval, passing on all my personal information again, costs money, time and is just tricking / forcing me into another deal.

But Ryanair and now more other companies (maybe even the banks owned by the governments who bailed out these banks) do not offer the cash or other facilities to pay without extra charges anymore. It is not negative for the consumer to have no cash payment option, but it’s not fair, only to be able to buy the product with added extra charges!!!

This is not just about transparency, we as a consumer should have the right to pay for the product we are buying without the extra charges if no other facility offered.

Lets introduce an online payment facility to our employers, where they can only pay us via credit card, and find a deal with a credit card company and make extra money on our income!

This is why Ryanair has been taken to court by the German VZBV, where the judge ruled, that the praxis of adding these charges is illegal. The consumer should have the right of buying a product without paying extra charges. Read more on the website of the Federation of German Consumer Organization including public court order:

http://www.vzbv.de/start/index.php?page=themen&bereichs_id=7&themen_id=59&klag_id=604&subthemen_id=&task=klagen

with kindest regards

simple123