Stevvers

Will banks accept a change of address to a PO box?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 528 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

Unfortunately I recently lost my job and will have to move back with family to weather the storm while I look for new employment.

I plan to rent a PO box with a private company (the address will actually start with "SUITE N") to retain privacy in case things go wrong and I start missing payments.

Will banks accept this new PO box address?

Thanks for your help!

probably not. Ask them

Thanks for the reply. If I ask them, I'm pretty sure they have been trained to refuse PO boxes, regardless of the consumer's actual rights. I have a half mind to hard-ball them and say it's a PO box or no address at all (let the soon-to-be-obsolete address rot).

Hi. How are you going to go about proving your address to the bank? They will probably ask.

Would an alternative be to have a mail redirect to your PO Box number?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

They have never asked me for proof in the past when I changed my address. That said, I will indeed probably redirect it.

Why cant you use you really address?

Wh at do you think you need to 'protect' against?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

po boxes are not acceptable as a main address.

It has to be a servicable address

Who do you owe money to. Dont hide from them. We can help you if youre worried about them harassing you. If they dont have your current address and you owe money, they could get a backdoor CCJ in the future, which will make things much more difficult for you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

PO boxes are not anonymous, the company who services the offices has to pass on your real details to anyone with a lawful reason for asking for it so all you would do is be wasting money on an ineffective mail service. Bettre off using your mums address as a c/o and if the bank ask why sya you are in between moving properties. they can live with that.