sexyali

Handset blacklist but not at my request

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 506 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

First off apologies if this is not the wrong place.

Please can someone help with my problem? I need to help as I cannot seem to find a solution to my issue.

On 20/09/2013 I pre-ordered the iPhone 5s and paid approx £709 by credit card.

Since my upgrade last November, it has sat in a draw but decided I was use it for gym and put a cheap payg (it previously had all workouts etc plus smaller which is why I want to use it)

But when I put sim in, it wouldn’t work and after a lot of trial/testing found it to be blacklist which was confirmed by my network Three. They have supplied me written confirmation a blacklist exists on the handset but was not applied by them.

I’ve tweeted all other uk networks if I supply them the imei number to check if they blacklisted it but each have said if I’m not on their network they will not have applied it.

I have been with three for approx three years now but have had this number for approx 20 years now. I’ve not reported the phone lost or stolen and blacklisting has not been applied at my request and can only think of a typo when adding someone else’s iPhone to the resister.

I’ve spoken to Apple whom say they do not deal with blacklisting and refferred me back to my network.

Ive been left with a useless iPhone which no-one can tell me who a blacklisted, this is still my property which someone else has rendered useless( a paper weight). I’m now none the wiser and keep going round in circles and just want my phone to work again.

Does anyone know what I can do? Should I raise this with the credit card company?

I’ll be grateful for any help.

Thank you.

Can't Three find out who blacklisted it and tell you?

Can't Three find out who blacklisted it and tell you?

No, all they can tell is it’s blacklisted but no-one can tell me whom has done it.

Try a search on your search engine for i.e. free IMEI blacklist check uk.

You really need to know who place this marker so you can challenge it with that specific company.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I have been with three for approx three years now but have had this number for approx 20 years now.

Your number and how long it has been with Three isn't relevant.

The black-listing on the CEIR is by IMEI number, not your mobile telephone number.

Enter your IMEI number in to this page. https://imei24.com/blacklist_check/

If it is blacklisted, it should tell you who applied it. :thumb:

We could use your help

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback :)

nope doesnt say

VCAeCxW.png