1min past deadline on ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

was caught recently whilst loading my car my ticket was valid till 4pm

closed the boot to find a parking attendant writing a ticket i complained that my watch showed 3:56pm i think he was polish because he english was virtually none existant, however i could not get in the car and drive off before he slapped it on my windscreen.

after reading the ticket it shows the time of issue as 4:02 and the fact that the car witnessed at 4:01.

for gods sake 1 minute!!!

i have wrote a letter to complain and asked for information on how the time is set on the machines used and records to show when they were checked.

whats the chances of getting it squashed??

Sounds rather over zealous to me! You are probably obliged to synchronise your watch with the ticket machine! Good luck... i have had more parking tickets than I would like to admit to, but never managed to get off any!

Claim for £3,044.86 ongoing with Barclays-soon to be complete-I hope!!!Won for the Daughter £915 from Barclays!!!!!

Sounds rather over zealous to me! You are probably obliged to synchronise your watch with the ticket machine! Good luck... i have had more parking tickets than I would like to admit to, but never managed to get off any!

Now that's odd - I've managed to "get out of" all of mine, bar one - in the Isle of Wight - and I wasn't even bloody parked then - I had a flat tyre, so was effectively 'broken down' NOT parked - but the b'stards wouldn't listen!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

My 85 year old father got ticketed this morning at 8.32am whilst parked just outside his house. He came out at 8.33 but was told that the warden couldn't do anything because the ticket had been issued.

I have nothing personal against wardens but I do wonder if Councils would be quite so bothered with parking enforecement if it wasn't such a money spinner.

I used to be a local councillor and I was on the committee that dealt with traffic management for eight years. I remember being enthusiastic about the council taking over responsibility for parking enforcement because the police were doing such a bad job of it. What I hadn't appreciated was the extent to which councils would get greedy.

What really annoys me is the subtle changes that have accompanied this transfer of responsibility. When I have some spare time I would like to make a Freedom of Information Act enquiry of all London local authorities asking them to confirm over a 12 month period how many changes to parking restrictions in their roads have reduced the amount of time available for parking and how many have increased it.

This enforcement regime encourages councils to reduce the amount of free on street parking available. It also encourages them to retain unnecessary parking restrictions.

In reply to sue. There are ways around not paying and legal loop holes but cannot discuss on this pm and i advise

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

You also usually get 5 mins grace from the time your car is noted so If noted @ 15.59 The ticket should say first observed @ 15.59 and then time of offence 16.04

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

• 3 months later...

Did you get any joy from your appeals etc?

You also usually get 5 mins grace from the time your car is noted so If noted @ 15.59 The ticket should say first observed @ 15.59 and then time of offence 16.04

However, this is a matter for discretion by the Council concerned - there is absolutely no basis in law for it.

i complained that my watch showed 3:56pm i think he was polish because he english was virtually none existant, however i could not get in the car and drive off before he slapped it on my windscreen.

This was your mistake. Don't waste time even trying to talk to a PA; simply get in and drive off. The ticket must be affixed to the vehicle or handed to the driver - there is no other valid method of service.

If the PA physically prevents you from driving off, get witnesses or take pictures using your mobile. You can then appeal the ticket on the grounds that you were obstructed. PAs have absolutely no lawful authority to stop or direct traffic