• Tweets

• deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx  
    • Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention of peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now - post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!   Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.   Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.   A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Breach of GDPR - County Court Claim ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

in regards to issuing against the individual it state in GDPR article 82 that the controller is liable for the damage caused

But the controller is the company, not an individual. There is a big difference between a data controller and a data protection officer.

I think you've made a big mistake here.

Also in regards to the ID, as the OP the company has had no problems with emailing me about the alleged account or responding to complaints to the same email address.

The problem you will have is the judge will ask the question - why did you refuse to provide your identity to the data controller?

If I was defending a claim like this, I would put emphasis on the fact that we tried to verify your identity, but you refused to comply.

I certainly don't think it's open and shut.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no reason,

and it not specified in the GDPR that it needs to be CERTIFIED identity documents.

in fact the ICO and the Article 29 working party state that the requesting of identity documents, such as passports, should only be required where there is no relationship between the parties as the obtaining of that ID involves further processing of the data subjects personal data. It should not be used

as a delaying tactic.

There is NO OBLIGATION to provide identity UNLESS the data controller has a REASONABLE cause to require confirmation of identity such as in the case where no contractual or other relationship exist.

It would be for the controller to prove such a reasonable doubt as to the identity of the data subject making the request. they cannot just ask for ID as a default position. article 29 working party guidance

There is NO OBLIGATION to provide identity UNLESS the data controller has a REASONABLE cause to require confirmation of identity such as in the case where no contractual or other relationship exist. It would be for the controller to prove such a reasonable doubt as to the identity of the data subject making the request. they cannot just ask for ID as a default position. article 29 working party guidance

Thank you for this information, hoever I have gone through article 29 working party guidance documents (many PDF downloads) and cannot find this. Could you tell me where I can find it please?

There is no reason, and it not specified in the GDPR that it needs to be CERTIFIED identity documents. in fact the ICO and the Article 29 working party state that the requesting of identity documents, such as

passports, should only be required where there is no relationship between the parties as the obtaining of that ID involves further processing of the data subjects personal data. It should not be used

as a delaying tactic.

Thank you, however after going through a plethora of PDF files relating to the Working Party Article 29 I cannot find where this is referred to, do you have a reference?

always best to sent CTAX bill IMHO

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...
I certainly agree that you should report them to the ICO immediately. However, even if the ICO sort it out I think you should sue them anyway for a very modest amount – say £50.

Of course they will try to settle and if I were you I would refuse any settlement and proceed to judgement. Then send a copy of the judgement to the ICO and also to the FCA.

This is the only way to deal with these people and to deliver a lesson.

Your claim form would broadly be

The defendants have now filed a full defence on the basis that I have not supplied the certified ID they requested. This is in spite of the fact that they ignored my SAR for more than 1 month after receiving it and then sent the request for certified ID after receiving my LBA. In my opinion the defence is invalid, even if they require ID which I can argue they do not require it then they should have requested that within the 30 day period. I now have to complete a directions questionnaire and send a copy to the Court and one to the defendant. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
could you upload a redacted copy of their defence?

Hello

Sorry for the long delay. I can't upload the claim but here is what its says:

[Defendant] wrote to [Claimant] on 3 July asking for valid proof of ID. [Claimant] believes the right to require proof of ID is legitimate as set out in GDPR recital 64. We believe asking for certified ID and a recent utility bill is necessary as information we provide under the SAR includes bank details, NI number and DOB.

I would point out that I think this defence is futile, the company sent this over a month after I submitted my SAR, in other words they had already breached the rules on 1 month to respond before sending this out. I would also point out that their request for certified ID was a response to my LBA. MY SAR request, a gentle reminder 14 days after the original SAR and my LBA were all delivered and signed for by recorded delivery so they cannot deny receiving them. In this respect could I ask that the court do not accept the defence that they have submitted?

companies are oblidged to ensure request are from the stated individual and a utility bill even copy passport , council tax is all they need, they can go beyond 30 days but have a good reason to, there is no good not giving identity check as that is required under regulation already set before, try going to court and see the possible consequences, you want a SAR then follow deligatmite request!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

companies are oblidged to ensure request are from the stated individual and a utility bill even copy passport , council tax is all they need, they can go beyond 30 days but have a good reason to, there is no good not giving identity check as that is required under regulation already set before, try going to court and see the possible consequences, you want a SAR then follow deligatmite request!

The OP did send a valid DSAR

The company failed to comply within the 30 days and only asked for the ID after they received the LBA

Yes they can go over the 30 Days but they must inform you within the 30 Day limit that they are going to take longer

Hello

Sorry for the long delay. I can't upload the claim but here is what its says:

[Defendant] wrote to [Claimant] on 3 July asking for valid proof of ID. [Claimant] believes the right to require proof of ID is legitimate as set out in GDPR recital 64. We believe asking for certified ID and a recent utility bill is necessary as information we provide under the SAR includes bank details, NI number and DOB.

I would point out that I think this defence is futile, the company sent this over a month after I submitted my SAR, in other words they had already breached the rules on 1 month to respond before sending this out. I would also point out that their request for certified ID was a response to my LBA. MY SAR request, a gentle reminder 14 days after the original SAR and my LBA were all delivered and signed for by recorded delivery so they cannot deny receiving them. In this respect could I ask that the court do not accept the defence that they have submitted?

you can ask for it to be struck out when you do your witness statement

the next stage will directions from the court on when the hearing is and it will state when your witness statement is to be sent in

Not helpful and I suggest if you read through the thread from the beginning and see what's gone before then you will understand what the issue is.

pardon = no company will divulge personal info unless they can be sure the individual is the respondent and producing everyday evidence (bills etc) covers them, regarding lateness and or failure does not eliminate the need to produce evidence of proof of genuine ownership any other compalint is another matter, but SAR request failure to check legitamacy of the requester is fatal if document got into the wrong hands , so response is/eas to DSAR request and need for identity proof, any other subject not referred to>

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

you can ask for it to be struck out when you do your witness statement

This is not good advice at all because there are no grounds to strike out their defence.

It's a valid defence in terms of it containing facts and being provided within the deadline. You might disagree with what they've said, but that's ultimately up to the judge to decide.

The other thing to remember is that this is a claim for distress. In order for that to succeed you have to demonstrate both that the defendant has not complied with the law (this looks straightforward in terms of the response times) and as a result, you have suffered distress that can be quantified. It's really important to show the distress that has been suffered and have evidence of this.

This is not good advice at all because there are no grounds to strike out their defence.

It's a valid defence in terms of it containing facts and being provided within the deadline. You might disagree with what they've said, but that's ultimately up to the judge to decide.

The other thing to remember is that this is a claim for distress. In order for that to succeed you have to demonstrate both that the defendant has not complied with the law (this looks straightforward in terms of the response times) and as a result, you have suffered distress that can be quantified. It's really important to show the distress that has been suffered and have evidence of this.

Except in my case nothing was provided in the deadline. That is the basis of the argument. No acknowledgement, no SAR and NO request for ID

Except in my case nothing was provided in the deadline. That is the basis of the argument. No acknowledgement, no SAR and NO request for ID

As I stated above, your claim has two elements:

1) Has the data controller complied with the law? It appears by their own admission that they responded 1 day beyond the one month deadline.

2) If they did not comply with the law, have you suffered distress as a result? You need to be able to demonstrate and prove this for your case to be successful.

• 2 weeks later...
hi Nucky what has happened with this claim did you do money on line claim ?

Hello

I am waiting for the Court to respond to the directions questionnaire that they sent me. The company has put in a defence that they require ID and can't process my SAR request. However they were over the one month limit before they even asked for any ID so as far as I am concerned their defence is not valid. Looks like going to Court so I will let you know how things progress

• 3 months later...

***WON***

The Court struck out the defence of made by the company that they required certified ID as this was made after the one month deadline for providing the SAR and awarded judgement in my favour.

Well done. This is excellent.

When you receive a copy of the judgement it would be very helpful if you would put it up here in PDF format. Please could you tell us who the defendants are.

How much money where you awarded?

• 4 months later...
On 09/01/2019 at 13:19, BankFodder said:

Well done. This is excellent.

When you receive a copy of the judgement it would be very helpful if you would put it up here in PDF format. Please could you tell us who the defendants are.

How much money where you awarded?

Oh I wish he would post this info.....