style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was told that this site may be able to help. We currently Rent via a letting agent who to be honest isn’t the best. Neither is the landlord of the property after we had a lot of bodged jobs doing we have had to rectify a number of things ourselves.

Example of this was the toilet cistern been replaced which then leaked from the restrictor valve which was fitted. They came back and bodged it again the valve still leaked, finally The guy listen to what we said about the leak and found it . The carpeted bathroom (terrible idea carpeting in bathroom) was saturated and started to smell as a result. So when we noticed after a couple of weeks that the carpet still hadn’t dried out properly we then found that the flush pipe that went into the back of the toilet wasn’t fitted properly either. So again the same guy who did it all came out fixed it or so we thought. Again the carpet failed to dry and then we noticed it was coming out from the bottom of the cistern, the guy had forgot to put a washer back between the Cap That screws the flush pipe in place. In the end did it myself no problems.

fast forward various other things going wrong being fobbed off as by letting agents. It’s led me to question the room size of a third bedroom. Currently we have two children boy and a girl aged six and four. My son is horrible to his sister and frequently makes her cry . He’s recently had a diagnosis of ADHD and now medicated, so ideally would like to put in his own room.

We have lived in the property five years and never used the third bedroom except for junk. We came to fit a bed in there and nothing else will fit. Not even a chest of drawers. Have we been mis-sold a three bedroom house when in fact it’s only two what is the minimum area to be classed as a bedroom. Because just the bed isn’t very practical.

The bedroom ones was a lot larger however it looks like the bathroom has been moved from downstairs, upstairs and cut this room and half to accommodate it. I keep googling and seen HMO been 70 ft.² but didn’t know if Applied to residential places as well.

Wondered if people can help and advise me

Thanks

Sorry to be blunt but move.

Your landlord / letting agents are taking the preverbal, but they can, they will be on the edge of the law but only just.

Just move

All I can find is a single room should be no smaller than 6.5meteres squared

If it was as simple I would. It’s the outlay I’ve gotta find up front. Plus I’ve since found that no1 who has ever rented through 5hese have received their deposit back... there’s always something.

Nah just every person Ive since known who has moved on has found that there’s something that’s prevented them getting it back.

Example One house was left pristine they were shafted on the deposit over damage which was caused by the bodgit repair man. professional toilet cleane was also added to the bill lol.

What I was wondering out of this if the bedroom was smaller than what the minimum bedroom should be I was going to go back to them to advise that I’ve been paying for a three bedroom property when fact it’s been a two bedroom. Was going to ask for a reduction and also 5% that I’ve already paid on the property over the five years. Grand scheme of things that isn’t that bad and isn’t a lot to ask for but obviously should help with going forward for me and the family should look to move

This is how much they care about the properties they tiled over the top of the tile which then blocked my plug socket and rather than move the socket they decided to smash a hole in one of the tiles to allow me to put a plug back in. We’ve been waiting three years for damp wall to be done despite them saying they will do it in two weeks as it’s saturated. But my favourite is we had water pouring out the boiler all weekend could not get hold of anybody eventually they sent somebody else who said that rain water was getting in the flu and entering the boiler in the kitchen they was not going to do anything until the engineer said the boiler will break down if they do not. There Best solution was to find a scrap piece of metal which they have screwed onto the wall above the flu then bent it at 45° angle so when it rains it reflects the water away from the flu. Some random piece of metal attached to the wall and is different colours including rusty some random piece of metal attached to the wall and is different colours including rusty lol

Last post did not register

Came a few years ago, we did have some damp in various locations and one that was rectified as a result of this visit, you have the major wall which I said above still wasn’t done . The council also recommended that extractor fans or vents were fitted in the property however that still not happened.

Property is a mid terrace 1880s house so I do expect problems but I also expect a service I paid for from my agent. Which I do not get. Front door even as gaps all the way around you can see daylight LOL