Jump to content

Child passport issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



Is there anyway i can revoke my childs passport so that my ex cannot take my child abroad even if it is for a short holiday?


I am currently going through courts to gain access to my child as my ex has stopped me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you cannot revoke somebody else's passport. There may be some action you can take if your partner is planning to permanently relocate away from the UK with your child, but your solicitor would be able to advise on that.


Why would you want to prevent them from going on a short holiday?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have look at this Passport Office page




I assume you also have parental responsibility. In which case your ex needs your permission to take your child abroad if it's for more than 28 days. Normally holidays of less than 28 days do not require your permission unless the court order dealing with your child's living arrangements says so. Discuss it with your solicitor.


You cannot revoke your child's passport. Why would you want to stop your child going on holiday? Do you have reasons to think your ex might try to take your child out of the country permanently?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi, yes i have heard that she may take her out of the country for good.


It would have been useful for you to mention this in your opening post instead of referencing a 'short break'.


As already advised, you'll need to seek legal advice immediately.


There's a great forum here, which is full of useful info and you can talk to other parents in similar scenarios here:



Edited by Hannya
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw your thread re DVLA. Call 0116 255 6234 and open a case with them. Reunite http://www.reunite.org/ It's not just for getting your kids back but preventing the problem from escalating and being prepared.


What you'd be looking at/concerned about is probably "unlawful retention".


Hope this helps.



Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW I believe it's considered a criminal not civil crime and so if your solicitor has done the right ground work and she attempts to leave the country without your written permission, you can have her arrested at the port of exit. Very stressful for all concerned of course and you would have to know how she planned to leave the country and be able to prove she doesn't have your permission.


The other problem you may have and I didn't see anything about it above, is which nationality passport (s) are held for your child?


All this is more applicable to sole uk passport. Dual nationality and another (possible) passport with complicate the matter 10 fold I'm afraid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...