style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 531 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

My employer raises our payslips on the 28th of each month and pays HMRC to relevant monies at this time.

Our Salaries are not then paid into our accounts until the 18th of the following month

. I have asked my employer why and he says this is just cash flow and "that's how it is" but we are all in effect always going 18 days without being paid, is this legal?

what does your contract say about when you will be paid?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

its just says "employees will be paid monthly for the hours they have worked"

and when does your payslip say payment is made? Not te date the payslip is printed but the date it says payment is made.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

essentially you are being paid 18 days in arrears. there is not a lot wrong with this per se but I agree it does cause problems with standing orders. DD's ect if you have recently changed jobs. What would worry me more is the reason given- cashflow problems. That indicates that the owner has a workforce for free for 6 weeks if he decides to do a runner and that he certainly has this position in mind when setting up the payments system