BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi all   Quick update. We have received the second letter which is titled "FINAL NOTIFICATION LETTER" and requesting the sun of £100.   Is the next step to still wait?
    • Thanks. I will be there well before the time.   Do you think it's ok to mention to the judge how they have been behaving in the past and reason for arrears is mainly how they dealt with my account. 
    • More on Bojo and infrastructure projects.   https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/17/irish-sea-bridge-boris-johnson-folly#comment-138283371
    • Get to the court as early as you can and see if there are any duty legals in attendance.  If there are then you should approach them and ask for their assistance - they can accompany you into the hearing and support your case.
    • I have just sent an email to the adjudicator that has dealt with this case. Just so I have some sort of paper trail, as suggested, and so we both know what is actually going on, because today it seems he has no idea what is going on. I also sent him a screenshot of the Barclays account on the Equifax site so he can see it is still delinquent.   Hi XXXXXXX.   There was some confusion today with regards to what Barclays have and haven't done and it's getting quite confusing so I want to clarify a few things.   On the 29th November, you emailed to let me know that Barclays have agreed with your solution and they would do the following.   Accept responsibility for the failed charge back and clear the amount they said I owed them, which was the charge back amount of £778.00 Pay £150 in compensation Make amendments to my credit file to reflect the fact that the debt amount had been cleared and the account is no longer delinquent Return the money I had in the bank account before any of this happened, which was £49.17  You said on the phone that they had failed to complete some of these actions.    They have completed none of these actions, they have done nothing of what you suggested, and what they agreed to do. None of the above has been done.   I have checked my Equifax credit file today, and I have attached a section of it which is the Barclays bank account. As you will see, they placed a delinquent notice on the account on the 30th May 2019. This is still there as of today. The delinquent account is in debit by £739. This is the charge back amount of £788, minus my own funds off £49.17, that I had in the account before they re-debited the charge back amount. So the charge back amount, minus my own funds leaves a debit balance of £739, this is as it is today.   You said in November, and again today, that they have already paid the £150 compensation. They have not. They did not pay that amount to me, and they have not taken it off the debt balance. They have not paid that £150 to me or the account.   They also have not returned my own money, which is the £49.17 that was in the account.   The CIFAS notice. This was placed on the account on the 30th May 2019. this is the exact day they closed the account and registered the delinquent account with Equifax. It is a CIFAS for 1st Party Fraud. They are saying I deliberately created a false charge back to obtain money from them fraudulently. As you now know, that did not happen because they admitted they made errors with the charge back I registered with them, but it is still there.   You made your decision at the end of November 2019, It is now 3 months later. They have done nothing. If they thought there was still an amount owing to them, which there is not, they should have either contacted you to let you know, or contacted me. They have done neither. So for the past 3 months I have had a delinquent account with Equifax for no reason, other than laziness on behalf of Barclays Bank.   I have also now had a CIFAS notice against my name for 9 months, for no reason whatsoever. This is an abuse of the CIFAS code of practice and extremely unfair on me. I have had no access to a bank account or a debit card for 9 months. Do you have any idea how difficult life is with none of these things, and none of this is my fault. It's the fault of Barclays Bank and its incompetent staff and for some reason they are still getting away with it and I really cannot understand how this is.   I hope this had made things clearer for you because whatever Barclays Bank are saying to you, it isn't correct. It sounds to me as if they really have no idea what they are talking about.   Best wishes.   XXXXXX.
  • Our picks

Cadburyrose

Amazon Seller faulty goods non-refund

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 548 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I purchased two baby pushchairs on Amazon from two separate retailers last March 2017.

Both prams developed faults after 6 months, which was documented in emails to the manufacturer Cosatto, who told me each time how I could make the repairs myself.

I didn´t make the repairs as, after subsequent faults appearing, I went back to the retailers on Amazon (Babyland Fife Ltd and Online4Baby, who say after 4 months they are no longer liable for the warranty or a refund, and that I have to take it up with the manufacturer.

The man. (Cosatto) say explicitly, that they have nothing to do with it, it´s a transaction between me and the seller.

I have been going round in circles about this between the retailer and Amazon since May 23rd.

Finally, Amazon said they could do nothing as the products are older than 120 days. What is the best thing to do please?

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Its the retailers problem under cra no ifs or buts

Warranty means nothing

Does not remove or overwrite your statutory rights under cra

So, i should just demand that they refund me under the CRA?

No you cant demand anything

Under cra you have to get a report done on faults outside of 6mts

I will surmise that the info you have from the manu is good enough to meet that

So send that with a request under cra for them the retailer to repaire the items FOC .

They have one go

Oh I see.

I don´t want the items repaired.

I don´t want these items any longer in my possession,

they're so badly made that repairing them won´t stop them from falling apart again in another area.

I would like a full refund as have had enough of both products and wouldn't´ trust a new one from that same manufacturer.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

You should give them an opportunity to repair. You can be certain that they will either refuse or they won't reply. I suggest that you given the opportunity to repair in a letter before claim. Given 14 days for a refund or a repair to be carried out within seven days and if not you will sue

Um. Ok. The next problem is that I am in Vienna, Austria and they are in the UK. I purchased online whilst still in the UK...

Makes no real odds as purchased in the uk

But if they have to be returned i wouldn't expect them to cough to get them to them

Ok, I will try posting them letters with a request under cra for them the retailer to repair the items FOC and state that if they don´t reply within 14 days, that I will sue them.

Not if you are not in the uk

Cost you more to travel to court than the products

Think youve got to be realistic here

If you and the products are unlikely to be back in the uk in the comings months

Then your best bet might be to resit your notions and get on with the repairs yourself as they originally advised you

Dx

Yes I see. Only the repairs are many, on both products, so this would cost more to repair and keep repairing and buy replacement parts for child safety equipment that shouldn´t be tampered with - than sending both products back.

Your call then

You shouldnt have buy any parts mind IMHO

Why not offer an olive branch..

They send you the parts FOC to you

You fit them?

I have a question

- both prams are with the manufacturer and they are saying that pram01 shows no faults, even though, everyone that has had to use it, has complained there is a suspension problem as pram dips down to the left when you push. Manufacturer says they can´t find anything wrong.

Pram02 is repairable and therefore not deemed as having a fault.

What happens when the customer (me) is so fed up with the products from this manufacturer, they don´t want them returned for fear of future breakages and problems, as has so far been the case?

Also, do I have statutory rights in this case, for returning the products finally and not having to accept a repair?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

consummate refund with regard to the time you've own each one.

Sorry, what is a consummate refund? I can´t find the meaning in context online either....:S

there will be some reduction because you've owned/used them.

Hello again,

I am once again being stalled by the manufacturer.

They are in possession of both prams02 and 03 and are saying that neither are faulty and therefore want to return them to me, repaired, and not to the sellers.

I can only request a refund if the manufacturer agrees that there is a manufacturing fault and issues this confirmation to the two separate sellers.

As they are refusing to do this, what can I do?

I have summarised the list of faults and registered email complaints I´ve had with the manufacturer since 2017,

but they just ignore this:

On the 10th July 2017, I emailed manufacturer (which is where the 4 year product warranties are held) with photographs, as the front, right side of the chassis fell off first pram as I was pushing 9 month old child down the street. Man. told me to bin that pram and they sent a new one. OK.

On the 11th September 2017 I emailed Cosatto about a problem we were having with the suspension on the left hand side of pram02

Between this date and July 2018 collection of pram02 and pram03 by the manufacturer, I was bounced around between Cosatto, Amazon and the Amazon sellers.

On the 16th and 19th of March 2018 respectively, I had to email again as neither of our children fit into the foot bags provided with the strollers 02+03, the zips split or wouldnt close as too small, even though, at 1 and 2 years old they should have done according to manufacturer´s product specs.

I also notified that both children were sliding off their seats, regardless of how tightly they were belted in, or whether or not the footrest was raised or lowered.

This conversation continued until the 4th May 2018, when the seat function on pram03 stopped working completely and wouldnt stay up.

On the 28.06.2018, Cosatto assured me on the telephone, that after both prams had been collected, they would assess the faults and then tell the retailers (Babyland Fife and Online4baby), that the products were faulty.

This is now no longer the case, so I don´t know what to do. I´ve had to get a new pram as don´t have one at all now, and I don´t want any Cosatto prams back again ever.

Can Pram02+03 not be deemed faulty because they don´t perform the function they are being sold to do and therefore are not fit for their purpose?

If the products are made to "industry standard" and then don´t fit for some people, is that just tough or is that an argument for the product not doing its job?

And does the list of complaints about the products not constitute the products being of poor quality, which also falls under the fit for purpose/satisfactory quality category?

Ugh.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

I can only request a refund if the manufacturer agrees that there is a manufacturing fault and issues this confirmation to the two separate sellers.

As they are refusing to do this, what can I do?

Load of cobbrers!!

So....I´ve requested a refund directly from the sellers before and they´ve told me the above. So I can ignore them and just keep requesting a refund?

cant see anything about that under CRA..

how did you pay amazon for all these ?

cant you just say stuff it and do a chargeback on each purchase via visa?

I paid two separate sellers on Amazon trade platform. So, two companies selling via Amazon, but not Amazon directly. I tried to do a chargeback but the banks declared there was no fraud involved and the time exceeded 6 months. So no.