• Tweets

• should have done that a month ago.   dx  
    • Thank you for your response BankFodder.   First of all her employer is a care home and she is a Part Time Carer.  I do not know what the company is called but would prefer not to publish it here even if I knew.   Having read through the link you provided I would tend to agree with your opinion regarding the Estoppel standard of proof especially as she is getting 50% more than she should of been expecting.  Having said that she has had this from the very start and knowing her as I do it is possible she thought this was her monthly wages!    In her everyday life she goes from hand to mouth so there is no improvement in lifestyle unless you consider her absence from Foodbanks an improvement!   I think the solution is for her to repay at the low figure that seems to be in place but to disregard the contract requiring her to pay it back before or on leaving.  Should she give notice and work four weeks how can we stop them from witholding her last months wages?    
    • Hey,   so just received an email from CRS. Saying I have to prove I cancelled...yawn. Bearing in mind this is way over a month ago I sent them a letter! shall I just block them now? Not even respond?   this is regarding gymetc and I joined their gym online...   thanks!
    • What does it actually mean when some  one says" for clarity" you mean in your opinion really dont you?   HB Thanks, girl done well.   Acres of text to get through, are you sure I have not come across you before. Your addiction to point scoring is V familiar.   Anyway lets see if there is anything I have not cleared up already.   You say  "'ll just answer this for clarity (not for an argument). This applies to SDs made in a Magistrates' Court in order to set aside aconviction where the defendant was not aware of the proceedings."   So much for clarity. Below is what the section says information; and (b)within 21 days of that date the declaration is served on the [F1designated officer for the court], without prejudice to the validity of the information, the summons and all subsequent proceedings shall be void.   Notice "Shall be void. not set asidIf I am going to just be correcting basic reading i am not goiong tp conti   "When a person comes before a court to make such a Statutory Declaration the court must hear it if it is made within 21 days of the defendant learning of the conviction."   Noope The regulation says the court cannot interfere with the making of a SD,again completely different   Yes if it is, but unless the SD was made within 21 days of the action they are entitled to question it. As they do in the form you reproduced by asking how the defendant knew about the case.                         Said this alreay.   To answer your next paragraph, the court will not accept a lie, if there is one, they will have the option to increase the time however I doubt they would, or do you think they would just extend it? This is the test, of course.   Again you say SET ASSIDE, it isn't, the new case cannot be started if the old one is still pending of course.   Now having demonstrated your lack of knowledge. I shall move on. Your abstinence from posting is appreciated, either way, I will have you on ignore. Nothing personal I just dont think there is anything you can tell me.   One more thing the result does not compete with anything I have actually said, and everything I have said is correct, in relation to the legislation.                
  • Our picks

TheLukos

Lifestyle/Gymgroup cancellation nightmare!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 410 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I don’t know. I don’t have much experience in these matters.

Can it affect my credit rating?

Which email are you using? Maybe we can tell you where your Sent messages are.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

no it cant hurt anything at all credit wise etc etc.

what email device/program are you using?

and who is your isp

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Ok great thank you.

I use a hotmail address on outlook. My isp is sky

So on the left of your emails, under where it says Folders, do you have a heading Sent Items?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi TL,

If Honeybee can help you find old emails, that's great but it really doesn't affect how you should deal with Harlands/CRS.

Please read other threads and you'll see we repeat the same advice to many other :-

1. Ignore the demands

2. Ignore requests that you call them

3. They will not take court or any other action that can affect you

4. This will not affect any credit rating

If you find any old emails that are relevant, let us know but DON'T contact Harlands/CRS about this.

Did you get the DD money back from the bank as requested by you ?

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Ideally I would liked to have retrieved the messages from lifestyle and gymgroup to me. The “Sorry you’re leaving us” emails.

I did get my money back via the dd guarantee.

I’ve never done that before! Harlands did exactly as you guys said and sent a threatening letter asking that I reverse the order.

Every time they contact me that add more charges

. I guess so psychologically we panic and want to resolve it. If they have no real power, I’m taking your advice and ignoring them

Excellent, ignore their empty threats but keep us posted.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Ok, today I have received a letter stating that if I do not respond, they will issue proceedings against me in county court.

Now go read the letter PROPERLY..

Doesnt say will anything.........

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Who's the letter from ?

In any event, we'll probably still advise to IGNORE.

Following our initial letter, we are disappointed that your account with Lifestyle Fitness - Hagley Road is still in arrears and our fee has not been paid.

We would still like to reach an amicable resolution to this, however, if you fail to respond to this letter, we will have no option but to commence further action to recover the monies owed. The options available to us are:

1. LEGAL ACTION

We believe you are in breach of a legally binding contract with Lifestyle Fitness - Hagley Road because you have not paid your membership and our fees. We may pursue a claim under this contract through the Courts. If we do so the following process would apply:

1. We will write a formal letter explaining what we are demanding and give you a final opportunity to pay/reply;

2. If this failed to settle the matter we would issue proceedings against you in the County Court;

3. Youcouldtheneither:

a. make payment, ending the legal process, or

b. dispute some, or all, of the amount was owed.

4. If you dispute the amount was owed the Court process would continue, at the end of which

the Court would make a decision on our claim.

5. A strict Court imposed timescale will apply in relation to the Court process.

Were we to be successful in our claim, or if you ignore the claim, a County Court Judgment (CCJ) may be registered against you requiring you to make payment. You may also be liable for our costs of pursuing legal action and interest on the amount owed.

If you then fail to pay the amount covered by the CCJ we would take the next steps required to enforce the judgment. To do this we would have to make an application to Court.

2. OUTSOURCE TO EXTERNAL AGENTS

Your account would be passed to another Collection Agency who will take further action to recover the monies owed.

YOU CAN AVOID THIS HAPPENING IF WITHIN THE NEXT 10 DAYS YOU CONTACT US ON 01444 449165 TO ARRANGE PAYMENT WITH US.

Credit resolution services

is from a DCA?

spreadsheets 

a powerless dca ...ignore

only the original creditor can take you to court.

..and even though we know CRS is harlands..

..makes no odds.

would also have to abide by the pre action protocol and send you a letter of claim giving 30days notice of POSSIBLE impending proceedings.

no gym etc has done court in +5yrs now and even then they lost.

dx

spreadsheets 

........... and remember, CRS aren't even a proper DCA !!

They're Harlands, pretending to be a separate company !!

Ignore and keep us posted.