Faulty washing machine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I purchased a washing machine for the Very catalogue in October last year, February I noticed a number of my clothing items had pulls in them but put it down to wear and tear

Last week I put 5 x under armour tshirts in there and its ripped them to shreds. I phoned hotpoint who sent and engineer out, a few days before he arrived he phoned me to say it probably needed a new drum so would I change the appointment until the drum had arrived, I had no problem with this so the appointment was changed.

The day the engineer turned out he said he was just going to change the paddles I asked where the drum was and he said he did not have one!!, he had no idea what I was talking about when I told him of the phonecall I received but he said it was not a problem as it was the paddles ripping the clothes, I was happy with his explanation so he changed the paddles and left.

The next day I put a wash on and as you have probably guessed it ripped my clothes to shreds again! I have contacted them and they want to send another engineer out I have told them no I want a new machine, its caused 100s pounds worth of damage and I am not willing to have it fixed again. I am currently waiting a response from them

I guess I just want to know where I stand with asking for a new machine, the machine is only 8 months old I am really not happy having it repaired again

your claim is against the retailer very under cra..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You should have gone to the retailer 1st

Its been repaired once ..now should be replaced or refunded [ but wont be full price paid as you've had it 8mts

But you 1st reported issues within 6 mts so no costs to you

Read cra

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

model is wmAQF 721

Received a call today from claims depratment asking for photos of clothes or they could just offer me a good gesture of £50. told them no sent pics of clothes

they booked an engineer to call today, I cancelled, I want a new machine now its been fixed and the problem still there.....waiting on a response

Sounds promising

and they

email received today from claims department today offering me £80 for the clothes......told them to take a run and jump!........4 tshirts alone ruined in March purchased In april worth £220......they reminded me they were not an insurance company so can only offer a contribution.

Also received and email from CS who said they cant do anything about the machine until the claims department has finished, I dont understand this, I need a machine, why do I have to wait for the claims department....

Any advice?

p.s I still have receipts for t shirts and all the pics of damage

they say that because they really dont know anything so are hoping you are satisfied with that kicking of the ball into the long grass.

a letter as a pre-action protocol to their CE who is aidan Barclay,at 1st floor, Skyways House, Speke rd L70 1AB giving referece number for purchase and lay out exactly how much you want and why so £xx for faulty washing machine and £YYY for replacement of damaged clothing caused by the single use of the machine on (date).

Say that you expect to receive an acceptance of the liability or a denial and a lawful reason as to why they arent liable within 14 days of the receipt of this letter or civil action wil be taken to recover the losses caused by the faulty machine.

Say that you also expect them to make arrangements to remove said machine or you will bill them for its disposal.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

I have resent all photos with labels showing along with a completer timeline of events, also supplied Receipts for the 4 tshirts that were purchased in February and worn and washed once, I never sent them pics of underwear nightwear or towels etc just told them that numerous items had been ruined

Told them I would accept an offer of £300, which I think is very fair, and also to get a move on with on as they wont return the machine until this claim is dealt with, if this fails or they start to mess me around I will take the above advice, it took me 2 hours to do this today, as well as the hour I spent the other day, its time I dont have.

yes,

but I would send it as an attachment so it can be forwarded to the correct person when the CEO's office asks legal to look at it.

you will then get a third ddepartment to try and soother things but as long as you have made it clear what you expect and why then thery will either accept or deny your demands.

So keep the list as simple as possible so cost of washing machine plus x items of clothing with a total value of £yyy.

No need for receipts or pictures, that is for court of they are dumb enough to not want to settle.

tell them when you expect a response by and then when you expect apyment so response within 14 days and payment within 21 days or off to court it goes and then you will be after incidental costs as well.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

ceoemail.com

and they

Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and VeryExclusive.co.uk, has appointed Henry Birch NEW CEO as from 2018 May 4th

very obtrusive no E-Mail as yet, must be because everybody has complaints against shop direct????

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: