Halifax Madness

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There. It's very comforting to see that there are so many people here with a similar problem to mine. I have often accepted charges applied to my account which I have held in fairly good order for about 22 years with the Halifax. Recently however I changed jobs and had some cash flow issues (lots flowing out and none flowing in) so the Halifax have for the last 4 months increased my unpaid direct debit charges etc and applied them at a phenomenal rate. this month its just short of £600 :eek: which is absurd so its time to fight back.

I'm gonna spend a few evenings gettin the feel of the whole process before sending the first letter. I'm fully aware of the banks obligations under the data protection act as I deal with the Data Protection Act every day in my work. Should any other members need DPA advice or info I'm happy to help and have some great contacts at the Information Commission.

i would appreciate any support as I know there are loads of others who have taken on Halifax.

Thanks

Mav:roll:

Hi talk, welcome to the forums.

Yes, the key to the whole thing is READING.

Spend a couple of days on the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section, That will answer most of your questions.

Start your own thread in the Halifax Bank forum and post any questions and progress reports there, then others can follow your progress and offer suitable advice when it is needed.

Good luck with your claim.

:)

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

You're very wise, t2mg. I think you'll see the wisdom of doing that when you read some of the questions asked around here; questions to which the answers are clearly given in the FAQ's in the vast majority of cases.

I've only just started to 'dip a toe in the water' (with a couple of credit cards) after spending a couple of weeks reading around just to get a 'feel' for what to do and when to do it.

Best of luck too!

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!