TheBrightSide

Cavity Wall Insulation Issues - CEDR Award

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 485 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've just received an award by CEDR (Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution) against CIGA for the removal of Cavity Wall Insulation which was installed in 2012. I've had horrendous problems with damp since and put a claim in myself.

Also been awarded redecoration costs and an award for poor customer service.

My query was relating to the redecoration costs, the award states mould treatment, repainting and repapering.

• Some of the plaster on the walls has crumbled with the damp, will they sort the walls out before they paper over them.
  • Also the bathroom which is another area where damp has been a problem has tiles on it, as the award states repapering will they not do this area.
  • Damp is in the electricity meter cupboard, will they make this safe?

I know it sounds like I might be worrying over nothing however the way I've been treated by CIGA to date has given me reason to be concerned.

Thanks

Dex