• Tweets

• hi   Thank you for your reply.   nice link . thank you very much.   I know I will get my refund. it has been offered. I have been told I am right about the situation. It does seem like this is in debate but this was clarified a long time ago.   Do you think I would be wasting my time to try and stop it happening to others?   I just would not want this happing to anyone else.   Thank you again                
    • Just ask for the refund you appear to be entitled to.  They'll either pay it or they'll explain to you why they won't.  Forget everything else.   Or you could try here:  https://www.railforums.co.uk/forums/disputes-prosecutions.152/
    • you stated :   "I would expect revenue officers are quite aware of the time of day they are manning barriers. i'd also go as far as to say they don't bother to do this in off peak times... as there would be little point, no loss of revenue to protect".     They were there when I should have had an off peak option, they did not give it me!! I asked for the lower fare. they refused!! And threatened a fine!! ( i did not know the jargon , that is true)  but "lower fare option "  should be o.k for them to understand.   When I say, to the effect, that there was a lower fare option listed on your computer before I left the station  Please can I have that as this higher fare seems far too much. Is there another option?   No.   I had full fare or a hefty fine options only.   you stated:   "your intended return was off-peak, but you didn't tell them.."   I asked for the lower fare, they refused. repeatedly. They had the option to charge the low fare but absolutely refused and threaten a fine.   I do not have to know any jargon.  I just said it was too much and there was a lower option before i departed and  why can't I have that? They said no and that I had to pay the high fare.   Which is untrue. They should have said that was o.k and gave any restrictions on the ticket!   you stated "this thread is getting boring and repetitive. "   You could help me and the many others  who may read this) who would like advice and offer suggestions of things to ask or mention with the complaint.   What would you say? How can I stop this from happening to others?   I have been told I was right by the staff at the station. So I know I am in the right.   Please can you be a bit more friendly and helpful?  Come on, lets try and do some good here.   I was hoping people might suggest some ideas.   Perhaps we can move onto the questions I should ask or things I should state regards my complaint. with time running out?  If not for me,  for other travellers, who will be going through this same ordeal if we do not help them.   kind regards.          
    • yes because 1000's of people believe a DCA is a bailiff and they are not and that penalty charges are lawful, they are not, so blindly cough up...   worth a few letters / free emails to try it on pays for the staff drinks down the pub that night with free money.   dx  
    • they have already 'outsourced' it ..........to a dca [crs - well that's harlands anyway] watchout for Zinc next.. but don't look at the bottom of the letter as you'll see its the same address again...}   forget about it go enjoy your life.    
  • Our picks

Starlord69

Bannatynes Gym Crewe & ARCEurope Ltd

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 427 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I am having a problem with Bannatynes in Crewe and a debt collector called ARCEurope.

I was a former member at Bannatynes and they are claiming I owe them money (£77.31), hence the debt collector who has been in touch.

I have attached some documents for you to look at.

Do I cough up the money or do I stand my ground?

I would appreciate some advice on what to do.

Thanks

Bannatynes complaint.pdf

Dcas are not BAILIFFS

Why do you owe the money?

Full story please

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

You owe nowt ignore everything

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

You most certainly NEVER pay a tin pot powerless DCA, hammer the gyms complaints procedure and embarrass them on social media too.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for your input. They are threating to get solicitor involved and take to court. They have given me 14 days to respond.

Here are my emails to back up above...

Can you see the attachments?

The original T&C's and latest on Banatynes website...

single multi pdf attached. How do I remove others/older ones?

Thanks

ps I am concerned about T&C's as they have changed and what it says about debts. I will ignore but still worried about them getting CCJ against me.

CAG Docs.pdf

No gym has started court since 2012..safe to totally ignore now

spreadsheets 

Thread tidied

spreadsheets 

Hi Starlord and welcome to CAG

Read other threads here to see advice given to others.

In your case, you must stop replying to either the gym or ARC Europe for now. Corresponding with ARC will simply encourage them to keep chasing and threatening you.

From what you've told us, you need do noting more and can rest assured that the threats of court action, etc is just Hot Air and will not happen.

Ignore for now but keep us posted.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks everyone for your advice. I appreciate it and will listen to what you say.

I will keep you posted...

:-)