OPS/Gladstones ANPR PCN Claimform - Broadwater Street West in Worthing, West Sussex

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

images/posts removed
please do not post jpg picture images directly to a post
read upload and redact in jpg then convert using on of the listed websites there to convert to one multipage pdf only

that way only logged-in,registered and approved caggers are the only ones that can download and see them
else anyone can see them caggers or not.

dx

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all

Well we are now into the next phase and the emails have started arriving from Gladstones. I submitted my defence just before the 4pm deadline which was as follows:

1. The Notice to Keeper was not compliant with the POFA so no liability whatsoever  has been created so there is no cause for action against the defendant in any capacity.

2. There was no parking event so no contract entered into and thus no breach of contract.

3. The land the vehicle was photographed on is maintained as a public highway and the claimant has no locus standing.

and also

4. The Claimant is not the landowner and as such no loss was incurred.

Point 4. was added following an informal conversation with our family solicitor.

After submitting my defence I was automatically given the opportunity to file a counterclaim.

I wasn't expecting this and being short of time made a decision based on my gut instinct and filed a counterclaim of £5000 for loss of income due to the stress this is causing me and it affecting my ability to work.

This may sound laughable but it is actually the case that I am currently unable to work due to stress and the stress of fighting this case and particularly the dishonest way One Parking Solution Ltd have made this claim against me has been a significant contributing factor.

My job is a specifically safety focused role and carries the responsibility of hundreds of peoples' lives; as a result my fitness to work is highly regulated and where others would able to continue in their jobs I am not able to.

At this stage I do not know when I will be able to return to work.

It isn't an easy decision to share this publicly but I do so in all honesty and with a deep sense of injustice as to the way this company operates. 

One Parking Solution Ltd chose to pursue this claim against me; their action came at a difficult time for me personally and as such the consequences of their action magnified and compounded the effects on my health.

Thank you to all caggers who have got me this far. I will upload the latest (redacted) court documents and emails from Gladstones.

opps we never said counter claim, no PCN Claimform thread says do that here

send them one email stating that they are now blocked and not to use email for any other communication regarding (claimforn number)xxx court claim 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes opens you up to all kinds of costs.

please follow what is advised here as its really not a scary or stressful as you are making this into.

you might simply get away with it as you are a LiP and don't understand legal things.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I thought it might and of course it cost me to file it. Thank you for putting it into perspective; the thing is when you're not well these things really do seem insurmountable on your own. Which is how they make their money no doubt (preying on the vulnerable).

Here are the photos of the site showing access from the main road, the pallets in each parking space blocking their use, the notice attached to pallet/obstruction and a valid parking ticket valid for 24 hours by each notice. This was exactly the case on the day the PCN was "created".

Parking_Site_pics_1.1.pdf

Its the only way they make money

• Like 1

and they

Here are the 3 emails I have received from Gladstones; each from a different person

Dear Mr XXX

Please find attached bundle in response to your CPR 31.14 request.

We have not referenced the contract with the landowner in our Particulars of Claim and as such it will not be provided at this stage.

Proof of planning permission is not relevant.

Regards

XXX

Litigation Assistant
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear XXX 

We act for the Claimant and have notified the Court of the Claimant’s intention to proceed with the Claim. 

Please find enclosed a copy of the Claimant’s completed Directions Questionnaire, which has also been filed with the Court.  

You will note the Claimant has elected to mediate in an attempt to settle this matter amicably, without the need for further Court intervention. Should you agree to mediation, please inform the Court who will contact both parties to arrange a mediation appointment.

Yours sincerely

XXX

Litigation Assistant

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear XXX 

We act for the claimant.  

Please find attached our client's Defence to Counterclaim.

We confirm the Defence has been filed at the Court

Yours Faithfully

XXX

Administration Assistant

Shall I post the "bundle" and their defence to my Counterclaim? (I will redact)

Is there any significance to them electing to mediate (in the second email)?

Edited by KaBoom!!!

I'm not sure you need to post the bundle of the moment but you probably should post their claim and your counterclaim and their defence and your defence

The bundle includes time stamped photos they took on the day and includes at least one photo showing the pallets in the parking bays. Also included are other photos taken at a different (I would say earlier) time showing the site and its layout and digital and actual versions of their parking notices.

Attached is their Defence to my very basic Counterclaim.

They ask for evidence:

1. That the actions of the Claimant were unreasonable given the circumstances

2. For evidence that I have suffered stress

3. For evidence that the stress was a direct cause of the Claimant's actions

They trivialise any stress I have suffered and of course seek to dismiss the claim.

Personally I feel can provide these particulars:

1. The parking bays were obstructed as is shown in their own photograph and mine. The PCN was issued for "Failure to parked in a marked bay" which clearly wasn't possible.

2. and 3.  I can obtain GP and consultant reports.

Is any of that acceptable? 

Defence to Counterclaim.pdf

Attached is a photo of the "event" taken by One Parking Solution Ltd supplied in the bundle by Gladstones . You can see the pallets obstructing the parking bays and the attached notice that said not to park (the pallets are in the shadows leaning against the wall).

OPSL 1.pdf

Thanks BankFodder, that's a good idea. 

I'll put together a pdf of those items tomorrow.

My counterclaim was written very hastily as the 4pm deadline was very close and I wasn't expecting that to be a part of submitting my defence.

Hence it's not very good.

But tbh I am completely out of my depth here and as dx says don't understand legal things.

Good afternoon everyone. I hope you had a good weekend. I am attaching the forms I've received from the County Court as (redacted) pdfs, namely the Notice of Proposed Allocation to Small Claims Track, the Notice of Transfer of Proceedings - in the Notices pdf - and the Directions Questionnaire (Small Claims Track).

Notices.pdf Directions Questionnaire.pdf

Edited by KaBoom!!!

Thank you Andy. There is a county court in the town where the PCN was issued or I could choose another one; both are convenient.

In terms of expert evidence and witnesses, I will be getting written reports from my doctors for my counterclaim. Is box D2 relevant to that?

Witnesses - the passenger is a witness to the wooden pallets blocking parking spaces. They have also seen the stress this has caused me. Are they relevant to box D3?

Hearing Dates - When I'm working I only have 2 weeks notice of my next month's work so impossible to say which dates I won't be available. The same will be true of any of the witnesses. What do I put in box D4?

Lastly, in the Notice of Proposed Allocation where it says I must serve copies on all other parties who do they mean exactly? One Parking Solution Ltd via Gladstones Solicitors sent by post?

I apologise if these are numpty level questions. At least I won't need an interpreter 😉

Edited by KaBoom!!!

On 17/01/2020 at 19:02, dx100uk said:

Its the only way they make money

This got me thinking. There are only 4 parking bays on the site. They charge 50p for 1 hour, £1.00 for 2 hours, £1.50 for  3 hours and £2.00 for 24 hours. Yes, £2 for 24 hours! How is this site profitable? Do parking companies run these types of sites with a business model that is focussed more on issuing PCNs that intimidate motorists who lack knowledge of the law into paying up?

as they do everywhere

dx

and they

4 hours ago, KaBoom!!! said:

Thank you Andy. There is a county court in the town where the PCN was issued or I could choose another one; both are convenient.

In terms of expert evidence and witnesses, I will be getting written reports from my doctors for my counterclaim. Is box D2 relevant to that?

Not really your doctor is not witness to the charge or claim

Witnesses - the passenger is a witness to the wooden pallets blocking parking spaces. They have also seen the stress this has caused me. Are they relevant to box D3?

Yes

Hearing Dates - When I'm working I only have 2 weeks notice of my next month's work so impossible to say which dates I won't be available. The same will be true of any of the witnesses. What do I put in box D4?

Put no then and cross your fingers

Lastly, in the Notice of Proposed Allocation where it says I must serve copies on all other parties who do they mean exactly? One Parking Solution Ltd via Gladstones Solicitors sent by post? 

Solicitor named on the claim form

I apologise if these are numpty level questions. At least I won't need an interpreter 😉

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Just to confirm, that my doctors who are responsible not only for my health but  assessing my legal fitness to work, which my counterclaim states has been affected by this case, are not expert witnesses?

Where in the thread is your counterclaim ?  I have seen their response but not your actual counter claim.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

suddenly mentions they did it from post 77 = £5k

dx

and they

Nature of Counterclaim

Loss of Income arising from inability to work due stress caused.

Particulars of Counterclaim

This has contributed significant stress to my life and as an xxxxx affected my ability to work.

I wasn't expecting to have the option of filing a counterclaim and had very little time to do it; with no legal knowledge I kept it simple.

Would have been better not to have filed it, it might cause complications later.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I understand. Unfortunately I feel there is an injustice taking place here and thought it was the right thing to do. I'm not expecting anything from it, but maybe there is some justice and they will be held to account for pursuing this.

Should I enter the doctors' names as expert witnesses? I would like to post the questionnaire today.

Edited by KaBoom!!!

No...as already advised otherwise that will cost you a further £255 application to get the courts permission to use expert evidence....evidence which has no connection to the actual court claim.

no to mediation

dx

and they