• Tweets

• They have sent all the paperwork ie ntk up to lbc with an incorrect spelling of my name. Looks like the person I bought the car off spelled incorrectly hence dvla have an incorrect spelling but I never clicked on beforehand. Firstly I will need to find the log book and contact dvla of the correct spelling. What does this mean for me as far as VCS are concerned? Should I still the snotty letter? 
    • I would certainly not advise you to use the vehicle on a day-to-day basis. The situation would become extremely complicated in the event of an accident or a vehicle theft or something. These risks are even present if you are merely using the vehicle to take to a repairer and so it would not be advisable there either. In the circumstances it might be better to rely simply on the findings that have been made so far by garages and to leave it there. That seems to me to be a reasonable approach. You could invite elite to inspect the vehicle and in fact you should make that very clear in your letter so that you can demonstrate that you have attempted to be open and cooperative in any way. I think it would be helpful if you posted a bullet point chronology of the defects which have now been identified. By the way, is now scheduled to be posted within the next two or three hours and it will include the tweet handle of Elite so that they will now see that this is being discussed on an open forum.
    • Hello BankFodder. Firstly thanks for your help with this. I do appreciate your candid response. Sorry my post was so long-winded. I am working on a 1050 character precis for the claim form! I only uploaded 2 pdfs in the end. One being the email of rejection. I will use this to send a letter and include 'after which I will sue without further notice' text.   Can I keep using the vehicle after issuing the rejection? I don't want drive it to but would need to limp it to a garage to get assessments and quotes. I would have to borrow the money to get it trailered.   I am 100% seeing this through. I cannot lose this much money. I want to get all the paperwork ready immediately so it can be issued on day 15. I will post the particulars of claim here for checking. Thanks again.
    • I've just seen your new post. A letter before action is the same as a letter of claim. You don't need a template. You simply need to inform the garage that the vehicle you bought has developed X defect, Y defect, Z defect. He has already been informed of them and given an opportunity to repair and he has either refused the chance to repair or else he has attempted the repair and it has failed – whichever is the case and so under the consumer rights act you are asserting your right to reject the vehicle and you want him to make the appropriate arrangements to collect the vehicle and to refund you the purchase price – plus any associated losses – and if he does not do so within 14 days then you will sue him in the County Court and without any further notice. Don't make this threat if you're not serious about going ahead with it. On day 15 issue the papers. In the intervening 14 days register with money claim and start preparing your particulars of claim. You can post them here if you want us to check them. Whatever you do, on day 15 you send them the good news
    • Well done Shelley. I'll amend your thread title.   HB
  • Our picks

tom100

Old minicredit debt now with opos/kapama

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 396 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I defaulted on an old minicredit loan in 2012 and the default is due to drop off in 2 months

it's now with opos/kapama

I have not paid anything or contacted them in nearly 3 years.

ive found a few emails in my inbox about the debt, most recently a few weeks ago telling me it is now in the pre-legal stage

they sent me a statement

loan amount: £100

interest chsarges: £121

debt collection charges: £100

default charge 1: £25

default charge 2: £50

attempt charges: £685

i've paid £20 towards the debt according to the statement through token payments (sounds about right) but the amount owing is still over £1000 for a £100 loan

i'm guessing as the default is dropping off soon this is the moment where they will try anything including a ccj to recoup some monies? especially if they dont hear anything from me. currently trying to sort all my debt problems out so....

what would you reccomend as my next course of action with this?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

I defaulted on an old minicredit loan in 2012 and the default is due to drop off in 2 months

it's now with opos/kapama

I have not paid anything or contacted them in nearly 3 years.

ive found a few emails in my inbox about the debt, most recently a few weeks ago telling me it is now in the pre-legal stage

they sent me a statement

loan amount: £100

interest chsarges: £121

debt collection charges: £100 [unlawful][

default charge 1: £25 [unlawful][

default charge 2: £50 [unlawful][

attempt charges: £685 ????[unlawful][

i've paid £20 towards the debt according to the statement through token payments (sounds about right) but the amount owing is still over £1000 for a £100 loan

i'm guessing as the default is dropping off soon this is the moment where they will try anything including a ccj to recoup some monies?

especially if they dont hear anything from me.

currently trying to sort all my debt problems out so....

what would you reccomend as my next course of action with this?

have you move since taking this out

email can be ignored and bounced back as unread and their Email AD blocked

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

no i havent moved.

its an old email address so the emails arent particularly bothering me just dont want a ccj raised.

but also dont feel its fair paying back what they say i 'owe'

Not the point its an OLD email

Its the point you are taking direct action they will see

They must abide by the new PAP rules before they can issue a court claim

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets