Brighthouse Problem Again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i would just like to say that all you peolple who have complained about bright house obviously didnt listen to the sales person when they went through your HIRE PURCHASE agreement.

Just to clarify a few facts:

where else would you get a washer if you had a poor credit rating. lets face it no other company would take you on.most of bright houses customers are on benefits . they take a hugh risk in taking these people on, as benefits arnt always permenant.

service cover is optional, however if you dont take it out could you afford to pay back half the cash and credit if your partner leaves you and you can no longer afford it. didnt think so. it is there to protect you. not only do you get unlimited service call for the whole time you are paying for it, you get a loaner item for most items and if they cant fix it then they replace it, (not with new )if you read through the t and c it does state this. if you get new well then you are lucky.

if you cant afford your items for a while you can do a pick up and hold.they basically end your contract when they have items back and then re start it from where you left off when your finances are back on track.why keep hold of items that are not a necessity like tvs ps3's hifis. if you cant afford them but dont want to loose them this is your best option. how many other companys do this.

the other benefit to service cover is if you return your product for what ever reason then you should be offered a re-start voucher. this is basically a voucher for all the money you have paid on that product. you have upto a year to come back and have your money taken off a simular product. ie if you return a washer then you can use the voucher towards anouther refurbished washer within the years expiry time.

DAMAGE LIABILITY COVER this covers you for fire theft flood and accidental damage.yes you do have to have this.reason being that the products have to be insured. you may all sit there and think that your insuarance policy covers it but i bet it dosnt.your insuarance has to specifically state that it would pay the hire purchase company the remainder of the balance if anything should happen to it. you may say well thats stupid but just remember you dont own the product untill you have made your last payment. so there for again, as it states in the contract, the product remains brghthouse property untill you have made your last payment.

a note to somebody else who made a comment about them having your details when trying to pay for your daughters account.if you want to pay by cheque then you must have a cheque gaurentee card this would be the details that they would need. so by you holding back that info you have proberbly worsend your daughters situation. where in the world would take a cheque whithout cheque gaurentee card. you people need to grow up and come into this century.oh yes by the way they are underthe fsa and finacial ombusmen.:-x

Well there is definately someone proud to be working at Brighthouse who actually thinks they can justify the rubbish they have just spat, SO I take it we are to feel greatful at the RISK brighthouse take in selling to such unworthy benefit recievers as ourselves?? That we should ALSO allow them to rob us of our rights, talk to us like we are something they just trod in, and harrass us on the phone and at home as well as rob us when they sell us substandard items?

FYI not just people on benefit purchase from brighthouse but people who can not get credit full stop but that does not mean our money has less value than those who can get credit. Further more dont spit the contract law to us we examined it left right and center and if brighthouse were so above board and in the right with there actions I would not have had them do a u turn when I provided my letter covering my rights as a customer concerning HP agreements, Sale of Goods Act and Consumer Contract Laws.

No disrespect but stop eating the bull brighthouse been feeding you and look what the statutory rights tells you then add it together with your training and business practice and say if Brighthouse can really justify themselves. As one previous employ has already spit the truth that we as customers know to be fact.

2nd hand display goods being delivered and charged as brand new and even stating it on the contract...is that legal? Selling faulty goods, which I have had confirmed by one manager they knew of the problems with said item but sold it anyway...a definate breach of contract their but they count on the fact that being on benifit or unable to get credit qualifies us as morons too??:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brighthouse fact sheet HERE

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

Please help to support this site with a small donation... every little helps...

CAG- The Nation's Weekly Info Store!

;)

I would ask the store if they can re set your account as surely it would be better for them to do that & get payment than take away your stuff & not get anything.

That is not very good advice.

By "re-setting" your account you are, basically, returning to a brand new agreement - an agreement which includes the outstanding balance plus any missed payments. Also, assuming the goods you bought were new, they will now be described as "used."

But, more importantly, by re-starting your account you lose all rights regarding re-possesion and early settlement. This means Brighthouse can now re-posses "their" goods without a court order because (according to the new agreement you may have just signed) you have NOT paid more than a third of it off. Also, you'll have to have paid at least half of the new agreement off before you can legally return any goods without penalty.

If, for any reason, you DO have to re-set your account (sometimes you may be required to do this if your remove "optional" service cover) make sure Caversham Finance (Brighthouse's Head Office) and your store manager receive (via recorded delivery) a letter similar to this one:

I understand that you may require me to sign a revised agreement(s). I will only do this if all payments made previously on this agreement(s) are reflected in any revised agreement(s). I do not waive any of my rights under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 regarding, in particular, “early settlement” and “repossession” as set out in section J of the original agreement(s).

Cheers

Lefty

If the left side of the brain controls your right, and the right side controls your left, then left-handed people are always in their right mind!

;)

• 2 months later...

Bump Bumpity Bump!

Greetings folks!

Hopefully, we will have successfully lured you back to this thread via a “new post” notification email! :wink:

We are trying to collect stories of people's experience with Brighthouse. Eventually we would like to make up a dossier.

We would like to know about how Brighthouse staff have treated you, particularly if you have got behind with payments.

We would also like to know if you have been pressurised to take out any insurance or optional service cover (OSC).

Furthermore we would like to know about problems you have had with goods from this company and how Brighthouse have handled repairs or replacements.

Here is the link to the thread to post your stories.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/brighthouse/131337-brighthouse-horror.html

Please don't add your story to this thread. Use the thread in the link above.

Cheers

Lefty

;)

• 3 weeks later...

I am a ex B/House employee and would be happy to help anyone who is having problems.

Noticed there are thousands of people on this site who are legal experts and know everything about laws of distress and HP agreements, most (not all) seem to be full of bull!

Mo

Noticed there are thousands of people on this site who are legal experts and know everything about laws of distress and HP agreements, most (not all) seem to be full of bull!

Mo

Hi ex-Brighthouse employee!

Well, I've just had a good scan through this thread, and can't find any "bull" :rolleyes:

...a few racked off Brighthouse customer, some useful suggestions and some good advice, but can't find any "bull"... :confused:

Care to enlighten us?

Cheers

Lefty

;)

I was refering to other threads on this site were for example, users have advised people that bailiffs cannot enter a house even with a walking possesion! I posted on this one cause i used to work for b/house, and thought I may be able to offer help (not defend b/house). but if its not welcome i wont bother...

I don't want to get bogged down on bailif items on this thread - but if incorrect information was posted on this site I'm sure it would have been quickly corrected by the many experts in the bailif forum.

Brighthouse don't employ bailifs. They employ debt managers who, as I'm sure you know, sometimes PRETEND to be bailifs.

Your input would be very useful on the dedicated Brighthouse forum HERE and help from an ex-Brighthouse employee would be very useful.

Cheers

Lefty

;)

• 1 month later...

I too have had a problem with brighthouse. A few years ago i bought a sofa from them, wasnt a case of could not get credit, just i had not seen that style of sofa elsewhere so i bought it. paid a few months quite easy then went in and paid off the whole balance as i was sick of having to go into town to pay (inconvieniant that they don't do direct debit)

I had quite a good experience with them so a few years ago when i wanted a table and chairs i got it from them. I didnt have my house insurance on me so they set it up with the insurances on but was told i could go in with it the following week and get it taken off. I totally forgot and so a few mths later i went in and asked to get them taken off. I had a few hours rant in the office until finally they got took off (or so i thought) The agreement was rewritten minus the 2 insurances and i argued for ages to get the £16 i had already paid to them put back on my account in yellow money. Was quite happy it was all sorted and for 2 years i have paid over the phone by card. However sorting through all my paperwork the other week i found the old agreement and thought i wonder how long i have to pay left on brighthouse. it was then i noticed the weekly payments should be £7.19 per week and i had been paying £8.99. i called the store and was told i had 1 insurance still left on there at £1.80 per week. looking into the insurance it covers what a basic house insurnace would. so it concluded they had took off the accidental damage insurance at 1.30 a week but kept on the optional repair at £1.80. why would i only want 1 taking off i said...only to be met with abuse from the staff. i was fuming so i called head office who had nothing better to say than go intot he store and see what paperwork they had.

So i did, as i said my name all the staff were looking at each other and didnt want to come over and speak. obviously had been disgussing my earlier phonecall. they were downright rude and nasty. I went into the office and spoke to the manager and he said he had no paperwork as it was 2 years old. all he could show me was a computer screen. showing my account when first taken out with 2 ticks on the insurance...then my account rewritten a few month later with one insurance took off and the other ticked. He could quite easily tick and untick those boxes i said...i wanted to see the paperwork i had signed with the insurance marked...i know when i went in the store that day i did not sign for any insurance. i rememeber him asking if i wanted to keep the reapir insurance and i said for a table worth £799 it was not worth the insurance which cost around 300 pounds and hardly covered anything. so either he ticked the box after i signed it or what? only he knows.

Anyway i aked for it to be taken off which he started to say he couldnt...until i quoted it was optional insurance and renewable every 7 days so i would write a letter now and that was my seven days notice to cancel. They have got taken off but now i am seriously looking into taking them to county court for the payments i have made to that policy for the past 2 years. It is fraud and they should not be let to get away with this. Would be good to hear if anyone else has had this type of problem with them too..or any other company.

If they have no docum,ents that i signed then they wont have a leg to stand on and mt bro in law (a solicitor) says they prob wont turn up in court anyway as they would not want to set a president over this.

Hi

After so many problerms with bright house i contacted the financial company which owns them, and basically told them i was disgusted and demanded that a manager of caversham came to my home

now a manager didnt come but i had my original problem with bright house sorted i will be ringing these guys again and demanding they sort out my other problem now details are:

Caversham Financial Ltd

Chiltern House, Marsack St, Caversham, Reading, Berkshire RG4 5AP

Tel: 0118 946 6040

ring them and ask for their complaints department.. and don't be fobbed off stand your ground

Hope this helps

xxx

Hi

After so many problerms with bright house i contacted the financial company which owns them, and basically told them i was disgusted and demanded that a manager of caversham came to my home

now a manager didnt come but i had my original problem with bright house sorted i will be ringing these guys again and demanding they sort out my other problem now details are:

Caversham Financial Ltd

ring them and ask for their complaints department.. and don't be fobbed off stand your ground

Hope this helps

xxx

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/brighthouse/130871-brighthouse-stores-formerly-crazy.html

If you haven't done so already, give it a good read.

Cheers

Lefty

;)

Hi

Caversham Financial Ltd

Sorry to say but you could demand till the cows came home, no manager is going to lower himself to seeing the little folk who pay for goods at the store he manages let alone the bigwigs from the finance company, I received this brush off when an assistant store manager needed to speak with the area manager who told me to write him, and gave his address only he never responded. The assistant store manager didn't even have powers to make major decisions when it came to a complaint, so why are they assisting? And in all correspondence sent to store, head office and the area manager most of my dealings were handled by customer service no manager ever got involved until I started kicking up a bigger stink not just by involving trading standards but by contacting the financial ombudsman who also wrote them on my behalf. And even then I got the problem solved when I took a letter into the store and the new manager who had stepped in to run the store thought I was a law student after reading my letter. Showed I knew more of the law than the staff did!

What I want to know is and I am sure Lefty could answer this...would it be illegal for us to print up flyer's or info leaflets and hand out to customers in our local brighthouses...I don't know if I am foolish to think it will help but there are the few who have never had a problem and they are happy to be at brighthouse, but then there are the many with untold stories like us who haven't realised they have rights and are being fobbed off by brighthouse....if we handed out leaflets we could enlighten those on their rights and those who are thinking of joining brighthouse enlighten them on the things brighthouse are not going to explain. Basically throw a spanner in the works, and give those who have had problems with brighthouse the power to fight back!

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

What I want to know is and I am sure Lefty could answer this...would it be illegal for us to print up flyer's or info leaflets and hand out to customers in our local brighthouses...I don't know if I am foolish to think it will help but there are the few who have never had a problem and they are happy to be at brighthouse, but then there are the many with untold stories like us who haven't realised they have rights and are being fobbed off by brighthouse....if we handed out leaflets we could enlighten those on their rights and those who are thinking of joining brighthouse enlighten them on the things brighthouse are not going to explain. Basically throw a spanner in the works, and give those who have had problems with brighthouse the power to fight back!

Peaceful protest is a right given to all UK citizens.... However... Slander and Liable can get you into deep water! :o

As you may already know, our BrightHouse Consumer Advice Factsheet HERE has been carefully scrutinised (and in some cases re-worded) in order to stand up to any challenge BrightHouse may offer. The final draft has now been published, and contains a statement from BrightHouse and incorporates many additions at their request. If you haven't read through it lately, now might be a good time! ;)

Personally, rather than print flyers that could possibly contain defamatory remarks, I would suggest guiding people HERE to the Consumer Action Group forums. I know for a FACT that BrightHouse monitor them on a daily basis.

Cheers

Lefty

;)

• 3 weeks later...

After reading these forums about brighthouse, I feel i must reply to those unfortunate people who are having problems with this company. Firstly....... I am an employee of brighthouse & would like to inform people that if they do buy anything from brighthouse that they make sure they are getting brand new goods unless they are told otherwise before they sign any agreement.I have delivered lots of used items eg electrical goods / bedroom / living room furniture after the customer has agreed with the store that they wanted brand new. A member of the shop sales staff even told me that she had sold a bed that had been returned after the customer had died in it ( thankfully the old mattress was replaced with a new one ) Brighthouse is a very poorly run company and I would advise anyone to take their custom elsewhere.

After reading these forums about brighthouse, I feel i must reply to those unfortunate people who are having problems with this company. Firstly....... I am an employee of brighthouse & would like to inform people that if they do buy anything from brighthouse that they make sure they are getting brand new goods unless they are told otherwise before they sign any agreement.I have delivered lots of used items eg electrical goods / bedroom / living room furniture after the customer has agreed with the store that they wanted brand new. A member of the shop sales staff even told me that she had sold a bed that had been returned after the customer had died in it ( thankfully the old mattress was replaced with a new one ) Brighthouse is a very poorly run company and I would advise anyone to take their custom elsewhere.

Hi there.

Thanks for your input and advice for BrightHouse customers. Appreciated.

Yes, the issue of second-hand goods has been mentioned several times. This practise is particularly ripe amongst high value items (suites, big TVs etc) as those are the items that tend to be repossessed more often. Customers rights under the SUPPLY OF GOODS (IMPLIED TERMS) ACT 1973 are somewhat more limited when it comes to second hand goods, so you should ALWAYS insist items are clearly described as “new” on any agreement you sign with BrightHouse.

The bed example is a good one. That’s the sort of story to make the newspapers! ;) ;)

There definitely seems a higher proportion than usual of BrightHouse employees (or ex employees) finding this thread in particular. No doubt this is the thread that pops up when you type “BrightHouse Problems” or “problems with BrightHouse” into a search engine.

I have contact with many BrightHouse employees (including one very disillusioned branch manager) and the level of dissent amongst them quite alarming. Staff turnover within the company is very high. I think it takes a very “special” type of person to actually enjoy working for BrightHouse! ;)

But, once again, let’s allow BrightHouse company secretary David Harwood to enlighten us:

“…You may be unaware that just over two years ago, a new Chief Executive, board and top management team was installed at BrightHouse. Since then the team has implemented a number of changes throughout the business. These are designed to:

Strive to make BrightHouse an employer of choice, recruiting from within the communities we serve.

Act as a responsible corporate citizen, and "put something back" into the community.

I would like to assure you that it is our company policy that all of our customers and prospective customers should be treated fairly. It is my experience, that by and large, store managers and other colleagues in our stores act in the spirit and intent of this policy..."

Have to dash, a pig just flew past my window… ;)

Cheers

Lefty

;)

I wish more people would use their local Freecycle groups instead of Brighthouse, ours is particularly good and my family have had beds,sofas, cookers, laptops, pc parts and other items from them.

I think Brighthouse is aimed at the people who read certain celebrity magazines and want 'the latest looks' in their houses to boost their esteem.....

I wish more people would use their local Freecycle groups instead of Brighthouse, ours is particularly good and my family have had beds,sofas, cookers, laptops, pc parts and other items from them.

I think Brighthouse is aimed at the people who read certain celebrity magazines and want 'the latest looks' in their houses to boost their esteem.....

Well said! You're absolutely right!

It's just a shame that FreeCycle doesn't have the very carefully, and demographically, targeted advertising profile that BrightHouse has!

Cheers

Lefty

;)

You hit the nail on the head......You wouldnt believe how many customers have the latest Tv's / pc's / game consoles / stereo's but have no carpets on the floors and no sheets on the kids beds, Its hard to grasp what these people are thinking about. But thats no excuse for brighthouse to treat its customers like dirt. What really makes me mad is brighthouse taking advantage of single parents who are trying to provide for their kids.

At the end of the day...they want our money and dont care how they get it.

You hit the nail on the head......You wouldn't believe how many customers have the latest Tv's / pc's / game consoles / stereo's but have no carpets on the floors and no sheets on the kids beds, Its hard to grasp what these people are thinking about. But that's no excuse for brighthouse to treat its customers like dirt. What really makes me mad is brighthouse taking advantage of single parents who are trying to provide for their kids.

At the end of the day...they want our money and dont care how they get it.

Its not in every case so I would have to disagree somewhat. I have seen for myself some broke ass individuals who strive to do their best for there children and family but they live above their means. They have all they need and still want more for the sake of showing off and saying they have it...debt pushes them further into debt because they wont save for the things they want and have no patience to make do till the money comes along for the luxury items, so yea I'd say they spend too much time watching MTV Cribs and hence run out to get the 37" plasma for their bedroom that really wasn't needed. There spending at brighthouse has stopped being about essential items and now been purely luxury when they are already in debt up to the eye balls and cant make each weekly payment.

On the other hand you have those like myself, I had to fight with myself in order to find the reason to purchase from Brighthouse, two kids a new baby makes three, just moved house, fridge, washing machine and dryer not to mention the kettle broke down, I brought what I could buy to replace what had gone on the blink and even wangled cover in order to fix the dry, had a lump some of money to carpet the new house. But when you have three children, one being a new born baby the most important thing you need is a washing machine that works.

I took a total of 5 items 3 essential the other two luxury and paid up 4 items long before the contract was due and have sworn blind that place wont see me again. I explained to a friend, I am not good custom for Brighthouse as I paid mine before the contracts end date meaning they loose out on the interest they COULD have made, they prefer people who are gonna let the contract run to term, and even if they get into difficulty it spells more money, and if it has to be repossessed all the better it gets sold again.

The last item I stopped paying due to the problems with the other 4 and the fact that they told me Brighthouse take no responsibility even though one item is definitely within its 12mths manufactures warranty and they even charged me for their 2 yr con artist warranty where you only get the one anyway. And still told me because I paid off the items Brighthouse will do nothing.

Well I refuse to pay another red sent and they haven't asked me for any either since I went into the shop and told them to stop calling me and to take me to court as I am sure I have more than a case of my own. Even consumer direct says no matter what they want to say under my statutory rights they are still obliged to fix said items...

I now advise anyone of my friends who suggests going to Brighthouse for the things they want to try another way and make brighthouse your LAST resort!!

Thats was the point i was trying to make...some customers have dug theirself a big hole & cant get out of it. but there are lots of customers who are being treated like dirt by brighthouse through no fault of their own, Glad to hear you wont deal with BH anymore because of the service cover fiasco, your not on your own...they try that with all the customers...i know i work for them, you can imagine the grief i get every day when im delivering:o PLEASE DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER. ha ha some of us are on your side.

Thats was the point i was trying to make...some customers have dug theirself a big hole & cant get out of it. but there are lots of customers who are being treated like dirt by brighthouse through no fault of their own, Glad to hear you wont deal with BH anymore because of the service cover fiasco, your not on your own...they try that with all the customers...i know i work for them, you can imagine the grief i get every day when im delivering:o PLEASE DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER. ha ha some of us are on your side.

Hi mckenzie62

In your experience as a BrightHouse employee, how many cases do you know of where BrightHouse have ACTUALLY applied to the county court for a repossession order (or return order) regarding an overdue account?

Cheers

Lefty

;)

Ive only been with BH for almost 12 months & up to now ive not known of any county court action being taken, BH just keep sending the debt collector round to the customers home or bombarding them with phone calls for payment, The customer tends to get fed up with all the hassle & sends all goods back to the store. Im sure BH know that if they did take legal action ...MOST OF THE CASES WOULD BE THROWN OUT OF COURT.

Ive only been with BH for almost 12 months & up to now ive not known of any county court action being taken, BH just keep sending the debt collector round to the customers home or bombarding them with phone calls for payment, The customer tends to get fed up with all the hassle & sends all goods back to the store. Im sure BH know that if they did take legal action ...MOST OF THE CASES WOULD BE THROWN OUT OF COURT.

Thanks for that...

Pretty much as I thought. 8)

BrightHouse have a real one horse race in the sector they operate in. They use Hire Purchase agreements (and blatantly deny customers their statutory rights) instead of simple "rental" (with an option to purchase) agreements, because they can then charge customers EXTRA for insuring THEIR goods!

Consumer law (and the county court) is there to protect CUSTOMERS as well as having a legal and ethical framework for companies to adhere to.

Cheers

Lefty

;)

Thanks for that...

Pretty much as I thought. 8)

BrightHouse have a real one horse race in the sector they operate in. They use Hire Purchase agreements (and blatantly deny customers their statutory rights) instead of simple "rental" (with an option to purchase) agreements, because they can then charge customers EXTRA for insuring THEIR goods!

Consumer law (and the county court) is there to protect CUSTOMERS as well as having a legal and ethical framework for companies to adhere to.

Cheers

Lefty

I would have to agree with you lefty, the use of bombardment and harassment is not a way to enforce payment and i believe customers with a valid reason should stand their ground but most of all it pays to be in full knowledge of your rights.

When Brighthouse over stepped their own mark and came to my home even though they had no right to make threats of repossession after I had paid One third of the contract twice over, yet they stuck a note on the letter box, I read them the riot act, the next time they sent a member of their staff out to try and obtain money again I read him the riot act and told him point blank, he couldn't stop repeating no no Mrs .... I haven't come to repossess...lol

When I then went into the store with my complaints for the items already purchased they tried to give me the brush off, however I have received no phone calls or letters since my visit to the store in my own time with my list of grievances and a request for them to take me to court!! I am waiting for the court summons lol as I have more than a case especially when added to the part the brighthouse repairman ripped out my washing machine as well as the case load of complaints about the previous rip off laptop they sold me and the exchange for the acer and now the daylight robbery of my manufacturer's warranty that they say I don't have even though they gave me the laptop in September 07 and the two year warranty which was a condition of the exchange although I paid no extra for it they still have wrangled out of it.....Hey my next step...reclaim charges from Brighthouse!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks