Debenhams PPI / Santander

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Submitted claim for mis sold PPI on Debenhams store card in Feb 2016.

The card was sold to me whilst being served in Debenhams clearance dept in 2000.

Queue of people waiting : assistant "crossed" the parts of the form including payment protection.

Santander dismissed my claim

: not mis sold

: Couldn't refer to FOS as pre- regulation.

However Santander then wrote back after the Plevin ruling.

Possible unfair relationship because of the commission.

They rang me last week for further info ie employment, savings etc at the time I took the card out (18 years ago!!).

They say I will have a final response by 5th July 2018.

Not holding my breath, but let's see.

Am I correct in my understanding that if they refuse my claim I can then contact Genworth Insurance and if they also refuse I can then refer Genworth to FOS??

Many thanks as always

hope you didn't answer their questions on the phone?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

to be honest so much time has passed since I took the card out : I couldn't answer anyway and I said all of the info will have been on the original form. I submitted a copy of the application form with the assistants markings on it. I got the feeling they were trying to trip me up!!

good well spotted that was what I was hoping you didn't fall into.

there are numerous cases in the FOS examples of the x by tickboxes whereby the rep got about £25 everytime they signed people upto PPI.

did you do a spreadsheet and workout what you are owed?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you trained me well!!! they were asking things like if I served a probationary period in my job etc etc.... No I didn't do a spreadsheet but have used the sheets on this site more than once with great success. I think that's my next job. However it's whether or not i Paid more than 50% commission on the premiums?? thanks

no its whether THEY paid 50% or more not YOU, typically most PPI policies charged you

don't confuse hidden commission Plevin reclaim [ the backhander GE money would have gotten from the provident [glenworth?] for selling their PPI insurance]

with the PPI you paid during the course of you usage.

two very diff things.

and they

Yes I see about the two different things:

had similar from LLoyds recently regarding the commission which they paid out on but we will see what happens.

But that was for a credit card and I went to the FOS,

who suggested to Lloyds that it was an unfair relationship because of the commission.

Couldn't go to the FOS with this Debenhams / Santander as it's a store card pre: regulation.

But I understand if they refuse regarding the commission I can then go to Glenworth ,

and if they in turn refuse I CAN then go to the FOS re Glenworth??

many thanks

Edited by cleo4patra
ommission

• 2 weeks later...

Rang Santander for an update :

in theory final response day this week

: they said it's still being investigated.

They said they've a backlog of these claims that have been awaiting advice from the insurer but they now are ploughing their way through them.

At this rate they'll have had my complaint from when I first lodged it for almost three years!!!

• 3 weeks later...

complaint closed : letter from Santander they say no flaw in the sale and I would have bought the policy anyway. Probably because it was pushed on me whilst waiting in a queue in a busy clearance department in my lunch hour!!!

I am now going to write to Genworth Life style Protection stating this . not giving up!!

sorry to be a pain : got the paperwork out again.

Only just noticed the assistant didn't put a cross next to "Employment Status" on the application so clearly didn't ask about my Employment status at the point of sale.

Also could this be classed as a pressured sale as I was in a queue of people in a very busy clearance department , was asked if I wanted to save 10% there and then by taking out a Debenhams account?

I am now going to approach Genworth who I believe are the underwriters.

Thank you

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

putting an x by sign here here and here is leading you on and giving advice so cant be a non advised sale

you were advised where to sign...all they wanted was the sales commission in their pocket.

and they

putting an x by sign here here and here is leading you on and giving advice so cant be a non advised sale

you were advised where to sign...all they wanted was the sales commission in their pocket.

thank you for that as always :

I am now writing to Genworth asking them to re-visit my complaint.

Received Santanders 4 page final response saying they have grounds to say I would have bought the policy in any event!! .

Santander have said it's time barred under general legal principles having 15 years from the point of sale to bring a claim at court against SCUKL .

They also say I may still be due redress under Plevin.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

ppi is not time barred

its when you discovered it could be reclaimed

and they

ppi is not time barred

its when you discovered it could be reclaimed

anything to wriggle off the hook !! I thought that was a bit dodgy !! Thanks

I've written to Genworth asking them to re-visit my complaint . For the life of me cannot believe they think it hasn't been mis sold given the circumstances of the sale.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hope you get what you deserve! I've just had a letter from Santander with exactly the same wording "there are grounds to conclude that you would have bought the policy in any event” for a GE Money card from years back. It's actually for a really tiny amount, but found it so rude I'm going to fight it anyway!