mafiaduck

Warranty on a PS4pro

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 340 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys,

Bought a PS4pro at launch day, its always been a noisy sod, but thats normal apparently.

19months on, and it's just died. I played it at 9am, 10am I went to have some medicine.

Came back to play at 3pm, and it wont come on. Dead.

Tried unplugging it, safe mode reboot, everything recommended that does not involve taking it apart in any way.

It's dead, apparently its a power supply unit error, something which has affected thousands of PS4's since release.

Where do I stand on getting this fixed?

My warranty is only 1 year,

but what about the 2 year warranty I should get in Europe for the sales of electrical goods, that Dominic Littlewood and various others go on about...

Do I take it to Sony, or to Argos who sold it to me?

What about the Sales of Goods act?

does that help me, or hinder me?

I cant prove it was sold with a fault, but I can prove (via showing internet searches) that thousands of PS4pros suffered faulty PSUs since release.

Any help is much appreciated

warranties mean nothing

go to argos under CRA

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

What do I say to them though?

Can I just walk in and say "This has only lasted 19 months, It needs replacing under CRA" ?

in a nutshell yes.

didn't say replacing ….

they might ask and are entitled too get you to get a ind report done proving its faulty

they then have one chance to repair it or replace it.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

Argos will also argue that you have to pay to send the unit to Sony for repair. You do not.

Your contract under the CRA is with Argos, not Sony. So Argos are liable. And if Argos want to then send the unit to Sony to have it repaired, that's up to them, it's got absolutely nothing to do with you.

I had this exact same argument with my local Argos over an xBox 360. It failed after about 18 months (I'd paid the extra for an Argos extended warranty). Argos were insistent that I had to return the unit to Micro$oft. However, giving the store Manager a tongue-lashing in front of a store full of people on a busy Saturday afternoon soon changed that tune. I think they gave me a new one, and an apology, just to get me out of the shop! :lol:

We could use your help

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback :)