Parking Charge Notice to Keeper for 11 minutes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have Entered Crawley NCP carpark Opposite TAJ.

Which is pay and display car park without any entry and exit bariers .

After entered i got a phone call it's took 8 minutes the reason i need to park my meeting was canceled i got a phone call from them then i left car park i have stayed just 11 minutes 30 seconds.

After 13 days i have received a parking charge £100 and if i pay within 14days i have to pay £60.

Please kindly advise me what i have to do ?

shall i need to pay or i can ignore it?

Many thanks

Kind Regards

parking charge.pdf

Edited by DragonFly1967
Redacted document and converted to PDF

Hi and welcome to CAG. I have had to unapprove your attachment as it contains all your info. Could you please hide all names, addresses, registration numbers, reference numbers aand any bar codes and upload as a pdf please

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

once we have seen the redacted NTK we will be able to comment on whether it fits the protocols of the POFA or not. If it doesnt that allows you to follow a particular path and successfully see of their demands, albeit in a long and tortuous way. If they have got it right then a simple letter stating that there was no parking event and no contract formed as after considering their offer you decided to not accept it and this too 11 minutes. As the BPA grace period is a MINIMUM time allowed you expect them to show sense and cancel rather than enter into a protracted argument NCP will lose

I've redacted the document and added it to the OP.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

wording a bit vague about whether the money is due as part of the actual contract or breach of contract but this often gets lost when it comes to a court showdown.

I would suggest that you write and tell them that the driver entered the car park, considered the offer of a contract and as they decided that it want economical to parke there they left having rejected the offer of the terms specified. As this is a P&D car opark the contract is not formed intil the offer is accepted by the driver inserting the money into the ticket machine. No payemnt was made so no contract formed. Also the BPA CoP give a MINIMUM grace period of 10 minutes for such actions by the driver and as the vehicle was there for 11 minutes it would be clear to anyone that there was no parking event and the contract offered and the POFA are concerned solely with parking, not anything else. Any supposed debts due to the actions of the driver are strongly denied

The keeper thus requests that NCP cancel this demand forthwith as it is flawed in its concept and would in any case be considered de minimis