• Tweets

• Who sang 'Suspicious minds' Was it Elvis.   I was caught out and appealed firstly to CPM.  Surprise surprise, Rejected.  Then IAS surprise surprise, Dismissed.   If it is of any help.  The video posted by Squirlyline on 9th Oct 2019 shows that there are NO barriers on the entry to Trinity Park. If you Google Map the Trinity Park postcode the entry to Trinity Park clearly shows that there WERE barriers erected and that is dated Oct 2018.   If it is Private Land.  WHY were the barriers removed.   Sing up Elvis
    • Hi. I have received the SAR today. Looks like they did send a default notice, looking at it neither me or my husband remember ever seeing the letter. However, I know we cannot prove this like they can and have.... I guess there is nothing more I can do?  Thanks for all your help 
    • Dx thank you so much for all of your help this year you really are an angel you are a credit to this site and I’m sure 1000’s more would agree with me in saying that you are a perfect example of why nobody should lose hope in humanity the way society is starting to look today. I really can’t find the words to express my gratitude for your gumption. I really can’t apart from say thank you from the bottom of my heart. 
    • In terms of the result, in hindsight, I think that the manifesto possibly went too far.  I think nationalisation of utilities, railways and royal mail is a good thing due to the fact privatisation sucks money out of the system, and things end up being paid for several times over.   I'm not sure nationalisation of BT was such a good thing.  Our network is pretty rubbish and leaving infrastructure projects to private companies is incoherent and inefficient, but that might have been a step too far.   I disagree it's all Corbyn's fault because the Tory's campaigned on a very simple message - "get brexit done".  In effect, their manifesto was very basic, and labour haemorrhaged leave voting labour voters so desperately tired of the process.  There was a hell of a lot of anti Corbyn propaganda from the word go.   I said after the referendum that the Tory's would be screwed because they wouldn't be able to deliver on any of the promises made, and for a long time it looked like that would be the case.  However, I never took into consideration the effect of Boris Johnson would have because he's a very good salesman... I would bet my life on us having a deal by the end of next year, and whatever we're left with will be championed as a massive success... I'm sick of it all if I'm honest.  I've had people banging on about remainers can all shit up now, they lost etc, as if they'd won the lottery.  But when I look at it, it was all still based on nonsense and misinformation, so I think we've all lost.   We're now left with a Tory government that has a huge majority so that they can push through anything they like.  Where's the democracy there?  Leavers wanted more democracy, but Johnson having played a blinder, has secured less democracy and conviced them they're all winners.  Coupled with their promise to "renegotiate the relationship between parliament and the courts" I'm concerned all these leave voters aren't really thinking clearly.  I've also said all along that brexit was about the elite in our country having more overall control, and now they have it.  They've even convinced working class labour voters that it's in their interest.  How did this happen?
    • Hi  Received another scrawled letter this morning ,    just to to inform you that I am still waiting for further instructions from the court.    Please would you you provide me with a copy of my letter, where you have stated In your letter to me , dated 29th November 2019 ,  that my recent letter states I do not wish for you to instruct an expert or make an independent report on our behalf?    You also state that in my letter I also do not want your input in the Instructions letter to the expert.  Please forward a copy of my letter stating this to you.    Please forward where the judge states that I had to forward a written draft letter to you, with the instructions for the expert? Also where it states I needed to send you a copy for you to check to see if it’s appropriate.    Please would you send me the copy of my letter, sent to yourself, where you state , I have written all the above instructions to yourself .    Guessing she’s not kept a copy of the letters she has sent me. Oh dear!     
  • Our picks

brokenhome

old midland bank access credit card - removing additional card holder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 545 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

How horrible can some women be!

I had a similar with an ex.

She had a credit card on my account.

When we split up the card company wouldn't cancel it.

They said i had to cut it up and return it to them.

One day she called at my house and left the card

- so i cut it up and returned it. I even phoned them and told them what i had done, again asking them to stop the card. They refused - "until it arrived".

My ex made one call, said the dog had eaten the card and they immediately sent her a new card.

Naturally they refused to do anything for me.

Ditto the police.

I was told by a [removed] that my only option would be to declare myself bankrupt.

Moral of the story?

Be a woman.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing..swearing

Broken home, it isn't just women who behave badly, we also get women who have been left with debt by men.

Anyway, back to advising Indie.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

How horrible can some women be!

I had a similar with an ex.

She had a credit card on my account.

When we split up the card company wouldn't cancel it.

They said i had to cut it up and return it to them.

One day she called at my house and left the card

- so i cut it up and returned it. I even phoned them and told them what i had done, again asking them to stop the card. They refused - "until it arrived".

My ex made one call, said the dog had eaten the card and they immediately sent her a new card.

Naturally they refused to do anything for me.

Ditto the police.

I was told by a [removed] that my only option would be to declare myself bankrupt.

Moral of the story?

Be a woman.

What do you mean by 'on your account'

If you mean drawing by dd against a bank account in your name only, then you should have simply cancelled the dd

If she was an additional card holder on a credit card you had, then you were legally entitled to remove her from the agreement....

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

What do you mean by 'on your account'

If she was an additional card holder on a credit card you had, then you were legally entitled to remove her from the agreement....

The card issuer, Access, said not. Or at least not until i had returned her card to them.

Then they were wrong

Own thread created

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Then they were wrong

Own thread created

Tar re thread.

Wrong or not, they refused to close the account.

They refused to cancel her card.

They refused to help me in any way whatsoever.

As i said, i even asked a solicitor and she told me i would need to declare myself as bankrupt before they would cancel the card.

p.s. it was an Access card NOT AmEx Access "Your Flexible Friend" - certainly to my ex!

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Access was brand run by numerous banks

Who was your issues by??

spreadsheets 

It is a while ago but i think i was banking with the Midland (long before it became HSBC) at that time.

Ok ta ill moved this and retitle

spreadsheets 

Ok done

You were the primary card/account holder

Under the consumer credit act you can removed additional card holders at anytime

But if the card had a debt no you cant wholly close it without settling the balance

Oh well

spreadsheets 

Access was simply a card brand - so you never actually did business with Access. You were doing business with a bank that supplied credit cards with the Access brand on them.You were actually in a credit agreement with an issuing bank, and not MasterCard.

IE Midland Bank...so I doubt today's legislation wouldn't apply to the card from 1972 to 1996.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread