• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

iPhone 5 - best way to record a call, please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having just inherited an iPhone 5, I am feeling my way around it and (sort of) starting to get used to it.

But, unlike Android based cellphones, the iPhone (even the later models, I am led to believe) will not, as standard, record a conversation.

So third-party Apps and/or workarounds are de rigueur and widely used by those of us with such a need.

Unfortunately, I am:

A) Skint

B) An Apple OS novice:oops:

Has anyone else had this issue?

Has anyone reconciled it?

We wonders.

Aye, we wonders.:???:

Look in the app store

There are 100's of free apps just like Android

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Look in the app store

There are 100's of free apps just like Android

Thanks, I started to but my head began to spin with information overload.

I'm hoping a fellow CAGger will be able to put me out of my misery though - through having done all the homework for me and probably from a far more savvy starting point than my own (being an Apple-owning newbie).

So, if anyone can help, I'd be really grateful for it. :-)

Which network?

The apps usually work by creating a conference call, one party of which creates the recording. I use TapeACall : high quality, downloadable, shareable files.

TapeACall Lite: Call Recorder by Epic Enterprises

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tapeacall-lite-call-recorder/id573751328?mt=8

7 day free trial

There are plenty of other, similar, apps / providers.

Some service providers (eg Virgin, giffgaff) don’t allow iOS native conference calling, so the app option won’t work. For these (or a cheaper, but lower quality solution) : call on speaker. Record on another device or dictaphone.

Which network?

The apps usually work by creating a conference call, one party of which creates the recording. I use TapeACall : high quality, downloadable, shareable files.

TapeACall Lite: Call Recorder by Epic Enterprises

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tapeacall-lite-call-recorder/id573751328?mt=8

7 day free trial

There are plenty of other, similar, apps / providers.

Some service providers (eg Virgin, giffgaff) don’t allow iOS native conference calling, so the app option won’t work. For these (or a cheaper, but lower quality solution) : call on speaker. Record on another device or dictaphone.

Thanks. I'll take a look at the tapeacall lite you linked to.

A bit of a swine, isn't it? Apple pandering to the American litigation environment but in a worldwide context.

It SHOULD be as easy as falling off a log.

Funny old world.

Thanks. I'll take a look at the tapeacall lite you linked to.

A bit of a swine, isn't it? Apple pandering to the American litigation environment but in a worldwide context.

It SHOULD be as easy as falling off a log.

Funny old world.

Is that why? Or is it for security that they don’t allow certain classes of app to directly access the microphone?

I'm sure Apple will claim it's for "security", but it's more likely to be Apple just being Apple. If it's my phone, I should be able to do whatever I want with it.

Which is why I wouldn't use anything electrical that's named after a fruit, with the exception of a Raspberry Pi... They're awesome :lol:

In fairness to Apple, I did once own an iPhone 3.

For about an hour.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Is that why? Or is it for security that they don’t allow certain classes of app to directly access the microphone?

I'm of the understanding that legal restrictions on recording telephone conversations are much more strict in the USA and Apple don't want to be dragged into law suits as third-party "collaborators" (through affording the facility) to such a degree that they actively seek to prevent (or at least make extremely difficult) even third-party Apps from recording conversations, via an Apple device.

Seems odd, because Samsung, Sony etc., don't seem that bothered (but maybe that's because their headquarters are not America domiciled, unlike Apple's).

All I want to do is (easily and cheaply) record a ruddy telephone conversation!!! It's hardly rocket-science. Just Apple being ruddy Apple!!

Other than that, the phone does what I want it to (makes/receives telephone calls and sends/receives texts).

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled off was making people believe Apple products were desirable.

Read our customer services guide. There is specific references to the problems of recording with iPhones – and a proposed solution. If you're happy to go that way you will get very high quality recordings

Read our customer services guide. There is specific references to the problems of recording with iPhones – and a proposed solution. If you're happy to go that way you will get very high quality recordings

Thanks.

Having read the guide, prior to posting, I agree the workaround appears both reliable and relatively idiot-proof.

Unfortunately, it seems neither portable nor convenient and I am hoping someone else may have done all the hard work for me, in devising an alternative workaround that is both inexpensive (I don't mind paying SOMETHING although a tad miffed I may have to) and relatively easy to invoke.

My fingers are still firmly crossed on the matter in the hope I may strike gold through another CAGger's kind intervention.

An apple a day makes your life pass away.

Thanks again for the advice but, I have just visited the Apple AppStore to look at downloading the TapeACall App and am presented with the attached cost-structure.

Maybe I am really, really, really, unbelievably thick (or something) but.........???

TapeACall_costs.JPG

7 day free trial.

I think I paid £3.99 to move from the trial version.

Edit: I see it is now 7.99 a year, recurring

You could, instead, just move on to a trial version of one of their competitors when you next needed to record a call outside of those 7 free days if you didn’t want to pay £3.99 ........

7 day free trial.

I think I paid £3.99 to move from the trial version.

Edit: I see it is now 7.99 a year, recurring

You could, instead, just move on to a trial version of one of their competitors when you next needed to record a call outside of those 7 free days if you didn’t want to pay £3.99 ........

Any of the prices they quote are extremely low and would be great value to almost anyone.

But their price list is as confusing as heck (to me, leastways), with the initial price showing as $10.99 but the price list then going onto a kaleidoscope of magical options, one conflicting the other.

I think I'll do as you did and take their 7 day trial - what have I got to lose, eh?

Thanks very much for all your help. :-D