style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I arrived home earlier this week to find a Marston agent sitting in his car across my gate.

He had a warrant and was collecting £393 for an old speeding fine that I knew I had finished paying off, and told him so.

Usual intimidation, he was only acting on the info he had.

I should pay the fine now and then appeal it.

He'd already filled out the form for the next stage which would mean another £600.

He said he had a team "following him around" to seize goods, which they would do the same evening.

So I coughed up the £393. Then I emailed the Court who had issued the fine and warrant.

They replied today that it had been issued and enforced in error, and that Marston had been emailed and instructed to refund my money.

Whilst I feel somewhat vindicated, is there anything I can do to complain and escalate this. Does it do any good?

Will anyone compensate me, or even apologise?

cheers

If Marston carry out the enforcement without knowing the circumstances then there is probably very little you can do about it – although you should certainly complain. On the other hand, if Marston were informed so that they should have not carried out the enforcement then you certainly have a basis for complaint and some kind of compensation.

Of course it is important to find out who was responsible for issuing the warrant in error. Was it the court? Was it the creditor? What you know about this?

There is no creditor.

Speeding fine is magistrates courts.

The courts issue the warrant. Its their fault.

Not marstons.

All marstons do is enforce warrants sent to them to be enforced.

Your gripe is with the magistrates

So I coughed up the £393. Then I emailed the Court who had issued the fine and warrant.

They replied today that it had been issued and enforced in error, and that Marston had been emailed and instructed to refund my money.

Whilst I feel somewhat vindicated, is there anything I can do to complain and escalate this. Does it do any good?

Will anyone compensate me, or even apologise?

cheers

The warrant was issued by HMCTS and Marston or any other company cannot 'go behind' the warrant . The warrant is a 'command' to the enforcement agent to 'take control' of goods. If there has been an error in issuing a warrant, a complaint must be made to HMCTS.

Before getting to the late stage of a personal visit, you should have received correspondence from the court. Did you do so?