Jump to content

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 990 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

We had a property agent managing our property I asked for a quote for some repairs to a fridge freezer but given the costs I never went ahead with the work


A year later and after a years battle to get the property agent to authorise the tenants holding deposit to be paid back to me for other damage to my property the agents have now deducted the cost of repairs to the fridge freezer.



This is the first time that they have stated that there is an outstanding amount and I have never authorised for the works to go ahead.


They state that I had a telephone conversation with someone who has now left and I agreed to the work.


I know full well that the work never happened. I have since had the fridge replaced as it was cheaper to get a new one than to repair it.


What information can I insist that the property management company provide me with to show that I authorised the repairs?


For example invoice from supplier any others?



Also, are the allowed to deduct the money from the deposit money?

Edited by dx100uk
Link to post
Share on other sites

Send them a free sar demand to see their proof!!

No proof no charges!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thread moved to the appropriate forum....Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Forum





We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service


If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

I completely agree you need to send them a SAR to get all the information they hold about you on your property and as also mentioned if this comes back with no evidence of this supposed freezer repair you approved then not your problem but theirs to remove that charge.


You need the evidence so you can challenge them to remove this freezer repair charge.


Also have a good read of your Agreement/Contract you signed with this Property Agent. (who are they?)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...