Yodel delivered to wrong address but got a signature

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered something of significant value and size from Aldi and it was due for delivery last Monday by Yodel.

I have ordered many items from Aldi in the past all of which have been successfully delivered by Yodel.

On Monday, I tracked the delivery until there were just two or three before mine and then kept an eye out for the Yodel van in anticipation.

Then, when mine was the next delivery, the status said that the driver could not get access to my property.

There are no obstacles to my house whatsoever.

Contacting Yodel seems to be a choice between hit and miss on Twitter

- they tend to ignore my messages

- and an online chat which is frankly useless but I did provide a phone number and a map.

I phoned Aldi who said that they would rearrange the delivery for the next day.

The following day,

I went through the same procedure but this time when mine was the next delivery,

the status suddenly went to delivered!

I stared at my screen incredulously for a moment before phoning Aldi and being told that it had been delivered to another address which is my landlord's house about 100m away but visible from my house.

I couldn't understand why anybody would accept a delivery for me without noticing that I was in as my car was outside my house and directing the driver accordingly

I went to collect the item only to be told that no delivery had been made to them.

I phoned Aldi again and was told that the driver would be interviewed at the end of their shift.

Two days later,

I had a phone call to say that the driver delivered the item to somewhere which was identified as the place they said (my landlord's house) but the description did not match (the address where they said they delivered the item is the only place around here which is not painted the same colours as mine and they described the place as if it matched)

they said that the person who supposedly signed for it matched my general description but did not ask for their name.

None of the information is consistent to anybody who knows the area but it is difficult to convince somebody on the phone.

Aldi have been kind enough to send the item again which should arrive tomorrow

the whole situation concerns me that either the driver is lying or somebody has accepted the delivery fraudulently and there doesn't seem to be any way of determining who it is because as far as Yodel are concerned, it was delivered to me.

tomorrow, I don't see any reason why the situation would not end with a similar result.

I plan to make a video recording of my house when I see from the tracking that the delivery will be due just in case.

It just made me wonder where I would stand legally.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

yodel franchise out to local companies

it has not been unknown with the pittance they pay their franchisers for them to take an easy option to make enough money for them to survive.

yodel will produce what data they want to convince you its nor their problem.

pers i'd report them to actionfraud.

though it might be worthy to send them a free sar...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, I have sympathy for the working conditions of the drivers but that does not excuse dishonesty and/or incompetence.

I wasn't aware of SARs until I looked at the link. A preliminary scan of Yodel's website doesn't give a postal address* and the SAR needs to be signed according to the link.

Also, having had issues in the past, I thought that with delivery queries, the onus was an the sender.

I'm hoping (but not hopeful) that the replacement will arrive today and I will ask the driver where he delivered the other one (trying not to lose my rag).

* [edit] Just found it but I don't see a mention of GDPR and their front page mentions their plans for 2017 so it's not exactly up to date.

Edited by Tangerine Beret

Did you order online? If so then just cancel and reorder. I had an almost identical situation with Asda and eventually just gave up and cancelled the order. Once it starts to go wrong it's quicker to start again.

That is, in effect, what has happened, Aldi have sent another without charge. But like I said, if the driver couldn't find me before, I doubt he will today. But if he does, he will have to admit that the previous one was not delivered to me and that the address he delivered to is not the one he claimed.

This is all so ridiculous and complicated that just trying to explain it makes my head hurt. Three different addresses - the one actually delivered to being completely unknown but wrongly claimed to be my landlord at an address I can see from my house, a person who allegedly looks like me, no name and an illegible signature.

That is, in effect, what has happened, Aldi have sent another without charge. But like I said, if the driver couldn't find me before, I doubt he will today.

You might get lucky and it's a different driver. I was slightly luckier than you in that part of an order was delivered without issue, it was the missing items sent days later which apparently couldn't be delivered because the property didn't exist or did exist but couldn't be reached. It was obvious the driver was lying because of the previous successful delivery.

As I said in the OP, I have ordered from Aldi before and all nine previous orders have been successfully delivered by Yodel, so they can't deny that my address exists. And as I also said, I sent them a map which was an annotated section of an Ordnance Survey map with my house circled and the nearest main road. If they found the post code, they would have been at the centre of the map.

The contract for delivery is between Aldi and Yodel. Your contract is with Aldi, so any problem with delivery is down to them. No point in wasting time chasing Yodel as it is unlikely they will engage with you. Instead, take Aldi to task over their choice of delivery company and don't take "no" for an answer.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.