What to do?

cluckhead

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in the process of claiming 1216 + 197 interest from natwest .

I received the AQ form and the letter from cobbetts regarding schedule of charges on Thursday last week. I am yet to respond and send off the £100. I had the date of the case come through for the 21th december. Today I received a letter from cobbets offering £800. I am tempted to accept this as I am so skint and struggling to get the £100 for the court costs. But I know that would be stupid.

What I would like to know is what is likely to happen next? Are cobbets likely to take this to court or will they settle just before. I had decided before to accept any thing over £1100 is it worth writing to them say that i'll accept £1100? HAve any of these cases gone to court?

Thankyou

I have not got that far yet but I would advise you to wait. The fact that they are offering you any money at all is basically them admitting liability. You will get it all back, including your costs. Knowing them, they will probably wait until the very last minute.

Has your account been closed?

At the end of the day it's up to you. If you are prepared to accept £1100 then you could try writing to them making this as an offer but to be fair you will almost certainly get the full amount you are claiming if you stick it out a bit longer.

Have you checked to see whether you qualify for fee exemption for the AQ. If you are claiming any benefits there is a good chance that you will qualify for exemption but either way you need to file the AQ.

Paul

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

The general trend for claims against Nat West is that they tend to pay up as late as possible, so even if it gets to the stage where you receive a court date don't panic it probably wont actually get there.

As for closing accounts, they have done in a few cases, they do sometimes ask for cheque books and cards back, but I think this is quite rare.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D