• Tweets

• we get where you are coming from, you are entitled to the refund, you were returning off peak....but, revenue protection would not be there to screen travellers during off peak times as its utterly pointless in most scenarios.   why screen off peak travellers in off peak time? they are not losing any peak time ticket revenue?? pointless.   unless they see from data that a pertis machine has had unusually high usage that morning I cant see the point.   I don't think this issue is as widespread as you perceive , looking at available data there less than 100 pertis machines left across the whole uk...        
    • hi   Thank you for your reply.   nice link . thank you very much.   I know I will get my refund. it has been offered. I have been told I am right about the situation. It does seem like this is in debate but this was clarified a long time ago.   Do you think I would be wasting my time to try and stop it happening to others?   I just would not want this happing to anyone else.   Thank you again                
    • Just ask for the refund you appear to be entitled to.  They'll either pay it or they'll explain to you why they won't.  Forget everything else.   Or you could try here:  https://www.railforums.co.uk/forums/disputes-prosecutions.152/
    • you stated :   "I would expect revenue officers are quite aware of the time of day they are manning barriers. i'd also go as far as to say they don't bother to do this in off peak times... as there would be little point, no loss of revenue to protect".     They were there when I should have had an off peak option, they did not give it me!! I asked for the lower fare. they refused!! And threatened a fine!! ( i did not know the jargon , that is true)  but "lower fare option "  should be o.k for them to understand.   When I say, to the effect, that there was a lower fare option listed on your computer before I left the station  Please can I have that as this higher fare seems far too much. Is there another option?   No.   I had full fare or a hefty fine options only.   you stated:   "your intended return was off-peak, but you didn't tell them.."   I asked for the lower fare, they refused. repeatedly. They had the option to charge the low fare but absolutely refused and threaten a fine.   I do not have to know any jargon.  I just said it was too much and there was a lower option before i departed and  why can't I have that? They said no and that I had to pay the high fare.   Which is untrue. They should have said that was o.k and gave any restrictions on the ticket!   you stated "this thread is getting boring and repetitive. "   You could help me and the many others  who may read this) who would like advice and offer suggestions of things to ask or mention with the complaint.   What would you say? How can I stop this from happening to others?   I have been told I was right by the staff at the station. So I know I am in the right.   Please can you be a bit more friendly and helpful?  Come on, lets try and do some good here.   I was hoping people might suggest some ideas.   Perhaps we can move onto the questions I should ask or things I should state regards my complaint. with time running out?  If not for me,  for other travellers, who will be going through this same ordeal if we do not help them.   kind regards.          
    • yes because 1000's of people believe a DCA is a bailiff and they are not and that penalty charges are lawful, they are not, so blindly cough up...   worth a few letters / free emails to try it on pays for the staff drinks down the pub that night with free money.   dx  
  • Our picks

drob

moneybarn VT..being obstructive **WON+REFUND**

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 395 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Too right!!

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

BCA have been to inspect the vehicle today with his magnifying glass!!!!

He has 2 items on his report.

1. OFF-SIDE SILL DENT 30MM to 100MM

2. FRONT WHEEL ALLOY Scratch/paint defect over 125mm

The car is 9 years old so would this be general wear & tear?

yes and what proof have that they were not there on purchase?

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

No proof whatsoever ........

The driver turned up later today to take the car and he did another inspection and report!!!

He checked windscreen wipers, tyres, coolants, oils, lights, seat belts and CD Player

tough on MB...

spreadsheets 

*UPDATE*

I received a letter from Moneybarn on 13th July 2018 explaining that the final balance on the account is now being calculated.

FINAL BALANCE

In accordance with the terms and condition of your agreement, various charges may be applied to your account before the final balance can be established. These may include Replacement V5 Admin Fee, MOT Replacement Fee, Replacement Keys Fee. Repairs or Refurbishment Fees and Loss of Value (If you have not had the vehicle service to the manufacturers recommendation this will reduce the resale of the value).

So, I was able to download the BCA Appraisal Report off the auction website and to my shock they have added various bodywork blemished in addition to the initial inspection report they did when collecting the car.

1. The car sold at auction on 18th July so no work highlighted in the original inspection or additional appraisal report has been carried out on the vehicle

2. Any bodywork blemishes or imperfections are in my opinion general wear and tear or there before I purchased the vehicle.

Now it's time to sit and wait for Moneybarn to entertain me with their FINAL BALANCE!

none of which they can charge

well done

spreadsheets 

So, as the car has already sold at auction without any work be carried out on the car. They will be a bit silly trying to bill be for anything!

STRANGE..... I checked my bank account this morning and Moneybarn have refunded me by BACS a full months instalment.

BAFFLING ?!?!???!! :noidea:

**UPDATE**

So, not only a refund from Moneybarn, I received a letter today.

Dear drob

Further to recent correspondence, we are pleased to confirm that the billing has been completed on your account.

Having completed all the adjustments required, we are pleased to inform you that there is nothing further outstanding for you to pay and your account has been closed.

Hey result!!

And a refund

Please consider a donation

Dx

spreadsheets 

Donation Made

Thank you

spreadsheets