• Tweets

• Thanks DX,    I will update if they outsource to another company or issue any of proceedings (unlikely I know)    cheers, 
    • go up on your UC log-in it should tell you if you are entitled to free prescriptions. if you are, then yes  and yes go get all your moneyback.    
    • I would expect revenue officers are quite aware of the time of day they are manning barriers. i'd also go as far as to say they don't bother to do this in off peak times... as there would be little point, no loss of revenue to protect.   they man the barriers at peak times, when people have purchased their permit to travel at a peak time travelled at a peak time arrived at their destination at a peak time.   thus they prevent: [loss of revenue] the traveller simply paying for an off peak fare when they just travelled in peak time [and most probably are a worker] getting an off peak return when they are travelling back home in peak time [worker returning home]     in other words ..fare dodgers.   your intended return was off-peak, but you didn't tell them.. we'll never know when your permit to travel was purchased nor if you travelled in peak time....but as from about post 5 i'll hedge my bets..   yes you are entitled as others may well be, to a refund because you were returning off peak but if you don't tell 'em…….   as for our experts , its either they are on holiday, which is none of our business or they sussed you out a longtime ago and don't want an argument here that they have 1000's of times in their regular work....   anyway  I've said all this from the start this thread is getting boring and repetitive.   dx ...    
    • @BankFodder and @BazzaS Thank you for your responses ~ I take on board all that you've said, and can only apologise again for all the narrative.   My nephew who's been [supposedly] dealing with this for over 6 months, unfortunately didn't have the experience and was consequently taken in by them and the way they 'operate', and he consequently let me down massively including through the Ombudsman this 2nd time: * 2nd Complaint with Ombudsman initially registered 11/04/2019 but, not registered properly until 15/04/2019 through their helpline (by this time my nephew, who was down as my rep for the Ombudsman, too, and the preferred contact, was away and out of the country until 07/05/2019, which was the day before the ombudsman's system had given for all evidence to be in). * Eventually after asking for and being granted 2 or 3 extensions all evidence had to be submitted by the 28/05/2019, though I was still able to keep adding evidence which would supposedly be taken into consideration (it wasn't...don't think any of it was, and it didn't take me long to work that one out!) via the messaging system. * On the BH Saturday (25/05/2019) during a phone session with my nephew in a last ditch attempt to try to get the evidence on the site, he ended-up really pushing my boundaries over this (I've finally had EMDR last year for all the trauma I've been through and that had finally kicked in)...I ended-up calling my nephew a patronizing [and might have used the F word!] prick and turning the phone off. Haven't spoken to him since, or the rest of my family, am only communicating with them through emails, texts and messenger on Facebook, and am intending to keep it that way until I'm god and ready. * The Ombudsman eventually issued his decision on 05/07/2019 (N.B. During this time he'd contacted me twice on the phone, thus bypassing my nephew's status as npower have been doing for years, including in the run-up to my lodging the latest complaint with the Ombudsman). * Npower appealed the decision on the 11/07 (the arrogance of that will strike you once I get the chance to upload the evidence I've been accumulating over the time my nephew has been 'dealing' with them and subsequently), I appealed the decision on the 18/07, which was the day before the final 14 days to appeal were up (N.B. During our 2nd converation, the Ombudsman had told me, whilst prefacing this with "I probably shouldn't be telling you this..." 🤪, that if I left it until the day before, I'd then have another 14 days whilst he considered the 'appeal' and then, even after that, I'd have recourse to appeal to his manager if I felt he'd got something wrong!!..........Yeh right! 🤬). * In the end he rejected both of our appeals and this is the basis of his response on the 01/08/2019, which he'd taken to be a relatively simple billing issue, along with my not having understood my bills and never having paid enough all along (NOPE!):- "Some of the bills are shown differently on the spreadsheets, but the information is the same. For example, on the first spreadsheet there is a bill of £3,032.40 on 4 October 2018. On the second spreadsheet there are three bills issued on 4 October 2018 for £677.33, £678.30, and £1,676.77. These three bills add up to £3,032.40. I appreciate that this can be confusing for customer’s, but this is something I did cover in my original decision. Whilst I acknowledge npower’s point that a manual bill will essentially contain the same information as the bills previously issued, it is the way in which the information is presented that is crucial to assisting the customer to understand their account better. After considering the appeals from you and npower, I can see no justifiable reason to change the decision, which I maintain is fair and reasonable for both parties, based on the evidence I have reviewed. I confirm that Ombudsman Services: Energy’s full and final decision is that npower should: • Issue a letter of apology. • Apply a credit of £120.00 to account 142309111 for the two failed appointments in 2015 in line with the terms of the Guaranteed Standards of Service. • Apply a goodwill gesture credit of £200.00 to account 142309111 in recognition of the shortfalls in service. • Provide the customer with a manual bill to show a clear breakdown of charges, payments, and credits on account 142309111 for the period from 19 February 2013 to 19 February 2019. We have now reached the end of our investigation process and there is no further opportunity to appeal. You now must decide if you agree to accept our decision in full and final settlement of the complaint."   * I haven't accepted it (why would I, when it's based on lies; npower breaching every SLC and Customer Obligation going with me; the GDPR and former DPA; fraudulently altering my data to fit in with their narrative; obfuscating, kicking-up a dust-storm, using bullying and harrasment every time they're challenged, all with the intention of trying to put the onus of responsibility for .managing. my account back onto me and save themselves coming under further scrutiny with Ofgem...though they're so far behind what has gone-on with this company over the years and/or they just don't want to unsettle their "Dear Stakeholders", especially with one of the Big 6; and all whilst I've been finally able to get the very damning evidence together against them?!). I'm about integrity and having a moral compass ~ everything this company isn't and lacks ~ and I will no longer compromise that for anything or anyone, particularly not this shower of 💩s in npower.   So yes @BazzaS I " a) want to take action" and furthermore, I believe I've got a very good case against them with your help.   Again thank you both for your support and I'll start on the bullet list over the week-end and also start uploading evidence (I've got rhemes of it on a USB stick, which I'm currently redacting the important ones of).   GM  
    • Hello.   I have received one of these penalty notices  for a prescription from several months ago.  I usually have a prepayment card but they're saying it may have expired, which it could have done.  Unfortunately, I can't find the card itself so I can't confirm.  I was going to pay the penalty on the grounds I may have carelessly let it expire but on the website for paying it says I may be entitled to free NHS prescriptions as I'm claiming Universal Credit.  I can't recall which elements but I suspect it's child tax credits and possibly something due to not high salary.   I'd never considered that I may be eligible but if this is true, then I may have been buying the prepayment card unnecessarily.  Which makes me wonder if I can avoid paying this fine because even though I ticked the box to say I have a prepayment card, which was technically not the case if it's expired, I may be eligible for free prescriptions.  Assuming I am, which I will try to determine next week for sure, do you think I can appeal the penalty based on the wrong box being ticked but ultimately it not be a fraudulent claim because I am entitled to them free anyway.   Does that make sense?  Your thoughts on the matter are all appreciated.
  • Our picks

drob

moneybarn VT..being obstructive **WON+REFUND**

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 395 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

As i understand it I can Voluntary Termination at any time but will be liable to 50% of the total agreement.

I intend to VT my HP agreement however I am £93.00 away from 50%.

If I send notification of VT on Monday along with a cheque for £93.00 would this be accepted?

Others will come and give you more knowledgeable answers, but why don't you play it safe. Pay in the cheque and then when you know it has cleared then VT. All you need is one error such as it goes astray or it bounces – for whatever reason – and suddenly you find yourself in difficulty. Why play it so close to the line?

Thank you for your reply ....

You dont have to have paid over 50% before you can vt!!

Read this thread

Use our letter included

Whos the creditor?

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

The creditor is Moneybarn ... I have a payment of £195.00 due to go out on the 15th but wanted to VT before the payment goes out.

My plan was to send the VT letter on Monday and then cancel my DD before the 15th.

Guessed it was

They are the pits

Read these threads

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-0964707606882478:652l7hswbgv&ie=UTF-8&q=Moneybarn+voluntary+VT&sa=Search+CAG

Yes cancel payment wont hurt VT

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Retitled and moved to moneybarn forum

spreadsheets 

Thank you for your help. I will just have to wait to see if Moneybarn want to play games?!????

Well they cant!!

But they are thick anyway and dont understand VT

Read those threads

Be prepared

They can charge nothing more than the money owed to VT threshold

spreadsheets 

My plan is to send the VT letter by recorded delivery on Monday and via email.

Once they have signed for the VT letter on the Tuesday I then want to cancel the Direct Debit which is due to go out on Friday 15th June.

I estimate that I will have to pay £93.00 to bring payments to 50%.

shall i enclose a cheque or wait for a final bill from Moneybarn?

Not via email

Save money use 1st class with free proof of posting from a po counter

You only have to prove you sent it

Do NOT change the sording of our VT letter

Cancel dd now make no odds to leave it running in case they try to snatch money

Do NOT inc any payment with the letter no indicate what you owe or that it will be paid..none of their business to know that

spreadsheets 

VOLUNTARY TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT UNDER S99/100 CCA 1974

Account No: (xxxxxxx)

Dear Sir,

I am writing to notify you that I am exercising my right to terminate the above Agreement

under Section 99 of the consumer credit act1974.

You will understand that the aforementioned section permits the debtor to terminate the agreement

at any time before the last payment is due.

There is no restriction regarding the exercising this statutory right,

particularly none in respect of any perceived arrears or monies due on termination

I understand that I shall be liable to you for the amount calculated under the formula in Section 100

of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

**As I have/have not paid more than the amount calculated under the formula in Section 100 the amount due is £XXXX/zero.

The above agreement will be terminated 14 days from the date of this notice.

Please send me details of how the vehicle can be returned to you.

You will be aware that statute prevents you from levying a charge for the recovery of this vehicle;

guidelines also state that if you require me to deliver this vehicle

it must be no more than a short (reasonable distance) from my registered address.

Please confirm receipt of this request in writing within 7 days of receipt.

Why do I give 14 days notice? I was on the understanding that once you have given notice then that's that.

enter £93 then

its terminated regardless not a problem

there is still only £93 due

spreadsheets 

Re: V5 Registration Document

I am about to send my VT Notice off to Moneybarn.

What do I do with the V5 Registration Document?

Do I transfer the ownership to Moneybarn once they have acknowledged the VT?

no you do it now

and keep that yellow? slip tpp

spreadsheets 

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-0964707606882478:652l7hswbgv&ie=UTF-8&q=moneybarn+VT+voluntary+termination&sa=Search+CAG

pers i'd scan it before you send it

get free proof of posting from the PO counter on ANYTHING you send MB or the DVLA

read the threads I've linked too

moved to the moneybarn forum and retitled

have you taken pix and video using a selfie stick UNDER THE car

in the engine Comp

Boot Inside etc etc

close 1080p of the body work too

spreadsheets 

Yes, I will send it recorded delivery.

I have had no issues with Moneybarn, YET apart from the extortionate 60% apr, however I can see them being awkward regarding the VT.

I have taken lots of pictures (date stamped) but no videos yet.

you don't need recorded

don't waste money

all by law you need is record you sent things

hence why I said use Free Proof of posting from the PO counter in post above

thread tidied

spreadsheets 

The yellow slip (V5C/3) has a declaration that must be signed by both the registered keeper and the motor trader, finance company, insurer or auctioneer. The registered keeper must then return it to the DVLA.

i take it that whoever collects the vehicle must sign the yellow slip and that I can't inform the DVLA until the collection date?

ok

you don't need to keep hitting reply with quote

I know what I said

just type in the box..

spreadsheets 

So, sent my VT notice off last week and Moneybarn have sent me an email today. It looks like things are going smoothly so far, so let's hope I haven't spoken too soon!

Dear drob,

Your contact details will now be passed to a company called BCA (British Car Auctions) who will contact you directly to arrange the inspection and collection of the vehicle, which we will agree to carry out free of charge. Please note they will be only able to inspect and collect between the hours of 9am until 5pm weekdays only.

BCA will now contact you within the next 2 working days to arrange the appointment and the appointment must be carried out within a period of 7 days from them contacting you. Failure to action this will mean the appointment of recovery agents, the cost of which would be billed to your account.

If you wish to contact BCA you can phone them on 0333 2414 208.

Please note that you must keep the vehicle fully taxed and insured until it has been returned.

You are required to also return the following items.

1. The Registration Document know as a V5

2. Service History Book / With FULL service record to Manufacturers schedule

3. MOT certificate if applicable

4. Spare keys

5. Sat Nav Disc if applicable

Please note that if you fail to return any of the above items, we will charge you for costs incurred in replacing them. Please be advised we are able to claim from you any loss we suffer as a result of your failure to take reasonable care of the vehicle and service the car to the manufacturer’s recommendations.

Well they cant cha rge anything

Dont forget video it everywhere

Under as well

spreadsheets 

funny how they start to try & sneak in terms & conditions

1. Please note that you must keep the vehicle fully taxed until it has been returned. (Being kept off the road and will be SWORN on 28th of this month)

2. Please note that if you fail to return any of the above items, we will charge you for costs incurred in replacing them. Please be advised we are able to claim from you any loss we suffer as a result of your failure to take reasonable care of the vehicle and service the car to the manufacturer’s recommendations. (Open to interpretation)

So, BCA (British Car Auctions) are collecting the vehicle on 4th July.

BCA said make sure there is fuel in the car and that it has car tax!!

a) Car Tax runs out on 1st July and I am not renewing just for them! plus I have already transferred the car back to Monerybarn.

b) They can pay for there own fuel!!